What I seen tonight

I was really impressed with Glenn- Def, Henry-SP, and Holt-Off (aka my three breakout players of the game), with West close behind glenn,

Really? The only time I noticed West was when he missed a couple tackles. And that was in the first half before the secondary started getting lazy. What did I miss?

An interception.

This what I also SEEN tonight (no sweat, man... it's the internet - not freshman English. But on a brochure, print ad or business website... hire an editor! :clap )

Ganz: I'll give him an A. Nifty throws for the most part, especially on the run. Showed a good sense of feeling the heat, and had a nice run himself.

RB's: A-. Though Lucky and Helu had some good runs (and catches for ML and QC), they whiffed on some blocking.

OL: B-. Nice pass pro, but I thought they'd be able to open up a lot more for the run game. WAY too many whiffs and not enough pancakes. Not having Murtha in there hurt.

WR/TEs: A. A few drops, but great, great effort. Meno was huge - took a hard hit and held on. Swifty's stumbling TD catch was awesome! Peterson was solid. McNeil had a nice catch.

DL: B. Four sacks was a good start. Nice to see some pressure for once. However, we could've had more, and Hiller slipped away a couple of time.

LBs: A-. Was Cody Glenn channeling Terrel Farley? This move will prove to be brilliant. Nice to see Dillard with some good play. CG did have one play where he overpursued. They'll be challenged a bit more later on. Wanted to see more form Wortman.

DBs: C. Ouch. Though Simmons didn't get 100 yards, Ledbetter did. Saw some good things (O'Hanlon's speed on the called back INT - and some actual INT's) but pleeeez... Asante is still smoking from getting burned.

ST: B. Got to be pleased with 4 FGs of 40+ yds. Coverages were just OK and Titchener shanked his first punt badly. Returns were decent.

Props to WMU for not quitting and playing hard. They had a chance to come within 13. They surprised me with the speed of their DL, too. They were getting the best of our OL in the 4th qtr.

Don't like that our first drive in the 3rd qtr stalled, and had to settle for a FG. Had we scored a TD, we might've seen Witt come in.

Ganz went FLAT in the second half. We couldnt stop the pass....

Other than that.. Good game.

ganz might be a guy that plays off the crowd. once the crowd fizzled, our offense did.

The crowd was so quiet in the 2nd half. You could have heard a pin drop a few times. I couldn't believe it could be that quiet with however many thousands of people were there.

Good notes already posted here...

I also wonder if Castille has lost some power. I guess he lost weight over the summer and he definitely looks fast, but I didn't see him pound it as much as he did last year. He would get stuffed easily. I think maybe the loss in weight contributed to a loss in power. We'll see though. There was one play I was impressed with by him when three guys had to take him down and instead of falling backwards he fell straight forward.

Defense (secondary mostly) gave up a lot during the second half that made me concerned. But I know there will be some game day video watching and corrections made.

Ganz threw some great passes and it was awesome to see him scramble! There were just a couple times he should have pitched it on the option instead of keep it. But I love seeing the option again!

Stadium reaction: our seats aren't really in a good section to hear all the noise so that's probably why I was a little disappointed. Plus there are a bunch of older people around us. The students looked weird with black shirts on (and not even all of them with it on). But they seemed real loud!

Tunnel walk video was cool...I just had no clue what the video before was saying. Either they need to add some speakers to the stadium so everyone can hear or just do away with ANY talking whatsoever in the videos.

There was a lot of improvement but there is still a ways to go before NU gets to Mizzou, or even Va Tech.(who is still a good team, but I think ECU is going to be a top 20 team this year).

I didn't like seeing Glenn, Wortman, and Dillard in the whole game, its good they were able to stay in but me question the skill of Fisher, Compton, and Lawerence. Maybe I am just being to negative but that is the way I saw it.

I was really impressed with Glenn- Def, Henry-SP, and Holt-Off (aka my three breakout players of the game), with West close behind glenn, Peterson(or McNeil) behind Holt, and Paul behind Henry on SP

I was disappointed in the amount of pt for Thenarse(except on SP), I thought it would almost be half and half with O Halan, but it was almost all O'Halon (at least what I saw) and what about Major, was it just me or was he not out there much

I think he was hurt. I remember hearing the announcers saying he still has his padas on but was covered in ice.

The OWH confirmed that he was hurt in the first quarter.

To add ..

Where is the love for Meno and Ty? Meno had a bit of a coming out party tonight, although he did have one bad drop. Ty was disruptive up the middle all night.

Tight ends looked better. Actually looked like we have some receiving threats out there. Ganz missed Dreu Young a few times, so they really should have look all that much better.

Safeties .. they may as well have not played. It would have been the equivalent. Move Asante to LB and save him the trouble of wasting his career at safety. It's one game, I know, I know. But how many times can you bust a coverage or take an absolutely horrid angle to the ball in one game? During film time tomorrow, I would NOT want to be Asante with Bo in the room.

Surprised with Prince and his willingness to stick his nose in on a play. Same with Hagg.

Run defense was freakin' stout. Good job by the front 7.

And Cody Glenn .. I know people harp on him. But good God that was one of the best efforts by a LB we have had on our side in quite some time.

:clap Nailed most of my thoughts during and after the game. Kudos to Meno and Ty! Glad to see the TEs being used so well. Asante is gawd awful at safety. Glenn is an uber stud.

I'll also say I thought that Helu was the most electric of the backs and seemed the one that gave the impression he could actually go the distance everytime he touched the ball.

Good first game for the Pelini Era. Much to improve on but we knew that they wouldn't be polished the first game.

I spent the 30 bucks to see the game and I am glad I did. There are some concerns after watching it, but I think most of us knew there would be.

Last night was a good opportunity for the team to get out on the field and work the system against real opponents.

I think the positives out weighted the negatives. The "D" had some mental breakdowns but that is to be expected. However they played with passion and grit, and they could even tackle in the open field.

The line play on both sides of the ball needs to get much better, and hopefully Burkes and Murtha can get back on the field.

All in all I think it was a realistic start to the new era and I truly believe it will only get better.

To add ..

Where is the love for Meno and Ty? Meno had a bit of a coming out party tonight, although he did have one bad drop. Ty was disruptive up the middle all night.

Tight ends looked better. Actually looked like we have some receiving threats out there. Ganz missed Dreu Young a few times, so they really should have look all that much better.

Safeties .. they may as well have not played. It would have been the equivalent. Move Asante to LB and save him the trouble of wasting his career at safety. It's one game, I know, I know. But how many times can you bust a coverage or take an absolutely horrid angle to the ball in one game? During film time tomorrow, I would NOT want to be Asante with Bo in the room.

Surprised with Prince and his willingness to stick his nose in on a play. Same with Hagg.

Run defense was freakin' stout. Good job by the front 7.

And Cody Glenn .. I know people harp on him. But good God that was one of the best efforts by a LB we have had on our side in quite some time.

:clap Nailed most of my thoughts during and after the game. Kudos to Meno and Ty! Glad to see the TEs being used so well. Asante is gawd awful at safety. Glenn is an uber stud.

I'll also say I thought that Helu was the most electric of the backs and seemed the one that gave the impression he could actually go the distance everytime he touched the ball.

Good first game for the Pelini Era. Much to improve on but we knew that they wouldn't be polished the first game.

Gotta agree on Asante, he whiffed on a couple of tackles and during pre-snap reads he was looking around lost most of the time . :wacko: