Sarah Palin (Republican VP for McCain)

cmb23

Someone posted a link to a site that compared the candidates stand on issues with your own..I was very surprised.

There are very few issues that I have that strong of an opinion on, but I was surprised I agreed almost totally with two of the candidates..Made me want to rethink my whole life.

(Me agreeing with two politicians).

Anyone remember the site?

LINK

Thanks AR.

As I look at this site again (And retook the test) I wonder if both candidates still feel the same way on these issues.

Some of the sources sighted are a little old..I changed my own view on "No Child Left behind" in the last couple of years as I got to know more about it and saw it's effect on teachers/students. (It seems to be teaching towards passing a test rather than teaching them to know anything of value)..Also..I wonder if most of the views attributed to McCain were of him trying to support his Bushy President..Not necessarily his own views?

Oh, and on the Sex Ed thing...

I don't remember much about the filmstrip other than the lack of any good quality nudity.

Most of what I learned was in the college Library in the Gynecology section..

Probably more effective teaching/learning by making the books available to kids so they can have their questions answered on the spot when it's more applicable to their current situations. (Rhythm method is NOT foolproof)

I wasted hours of time I should've been studying Calculus or Chemistry and spending the whole time trying to learn how not to get my girlfriend pregnant.

If only I would've had source material available to show how to do it better. <_<

The idea that ANYTHING is relevant experience before becoming President is lunacy. Being a mayor, gov, Senator, or whatever is so vastly different from being President that it isnt even funny. Nothing is like it. Sure knowledge helps, but if anyone thinks being in charge of a state's national guard is even remotely close to being Commander in Chief, I have a bridge to sell you. Mayor? Really? Is the former mayor of Elkhorn(Its about the same size as that Alaskan town) qualified to be President? Is Mike Fahey? I would say no way in hell.

No previous job can prepare a person to be President. There have been good, and terrible Presidents who have been Govs, or Senators. Previous jobs have no bearing.

The right wing cant have it both ways. Maybe many conservatives have different views on this, but the public mouthpieces do not. And weather you like it or not, the public mouthpieces are who define how you are viewed. I personally dont care, but there is so much double speak around this fact it isnt funny.

The doublespeak you talk about can be said for people who espouse "breaking the glass ceiling" when it comes to women and minorities in the Democratic party. As long as you're a liberal, breaking that glass ceiling, then it's historic or ground breaking. If you're a Republican, then it's "Tokenism" or as Chris Matthews said about Rice and Powell, "A showcase appointment." Of course, he had to clarify himself later after his Freudian slip. Within their own communities, black Republicans are called Uncle Tom or Oreos (White on the inside and black on the outside), women Republicans are verbally assaulted by feminists, because they don't agree with them on abortion on demand. I think what pisses liberals and the press off most is that these great people, do not owe their success to the liberal establishment or the feminists, so they have to delegitimize or tear them down, because "How dare they make it without our help or blessing." I have seen this first hand working on various campaigns, so you don't need to preach to me about hypocrisy, it goes both ways.

They cant use Palin as a champion of conservative values(which ALWAYS include no sex before marriage) and not have anything bad to say about her 17 year old daughter being pregnant.

Like I said to Benny, what social conservative guarantees, if you try to teach your children the right values, they're not going to make mistakes? Okay, so you beat up on a 17 year old teenager. Feel better now? It still doesn't change the fact, she is pregnant, and it will be tough bringing up a child being so young, but all a parent can do is to support her the best you can.

Someone posted a link to a site that compaired the candidates stand on issues with your own..I was very surprised.

There are very few issues that I have that strong of an opinion on, but I was surprised I agreed almost totally with two of the candidates..Made me want to rethink my whole life.

(Me agreeing with two polititians).

LINK

The only question I found that was redundant is that Obama wants to reduce government spending, but then wants to create a new healthcare-for-all bureaucracy.

The idea that ANYTHING is relevant experience before becoming President is lunacy. Being a mayor, gov, Senator, or whatever is so vastly different from being President that it isnt even funny. Nothing is like it. Sure knowledge helps, but if anyone thinks being in charge of a state's national guard is even remotely close to being Commander in Chief, I have a bridge to sell you. Mayor? Really? Is the former mayor of Elkhorn(Its about the same size as that Alaskan town) qualified to be President? Is Mike Fahey? I would say no way in hell.

No previous job can prepare a person to be President. There have been good, and terrible Presidents who have been Govs, or Senators. Previous jobs have no bearing.

The right wing cant have it both ways. Maybe many conservatives have different views on this, but the public mouthpieces do not. And weather you like it or not, the public mouthpieces are who define how you are viewed. I personally dont care, but there is so much double speak around this fact it isnt funny.

The doublespeak you talk about can be said for people who espouse "breaking the glass ceiling" when it comes to women and minorities in the Democratic party. As long as you're a liberal, breaking that glass ceiling, then it's historic or ground breaking. If you're a Republican, then it's "Tokenism" or as Chris Matthews said about Rice and Powell, "A showcase appointment." Of course, he had to clarify himself later after his Freudian slip. Within their own communities, black Republicans are called Uncle Tom or Oreos (White on the inside and black on the outside), women Republicans are verbally assaulted by feminists, because they don't agree with them on abortion on demand. I think what pisses liberals and the press off most is that these great people, do not owe their success to the liberal establishment or the feminists, so they have to delegitimize or tear them down, because "How dare they make it without our help or blessing." I have seen this first hand working on various campaigns, so you don't need to preach to me about hypocrisy, it goes both ways.

They cant use Palin as a champion of conservative values(which ALWAYS include no sex before marriage) and not have anything bad to say about her 17 year old daughter being pregnant.

Like I said to Benny, what social conservative guarantees, if you try to teach your children the right values, they're not going to make mistakes? Okay, so you beat up on a 17 year old teenager. Feel better now? It still doesn't change the fact, she is pregnant, and it will be tough bringing up a child being so young, but all a parent can do is to support her the best you can.

Any woman in politics owes a debt to the 'liberals'. If social 'conservatives' would have had their way, women would still be kept barefoot and pregnant. I can open a history lesson on civics if needed. I think her choice as VP is a political tactic, as any VP choice is. There is also the whole pile of crap the GoP is using that ANY criticism of her is somehow anti-woman, or just because she is a woman.

The double speak I am talking about has nothing to do with glass ceilings. It is the hypocrites using her as a pillar of virtue. I personally do not care what her daughter does.

I get real sick of this 'abortion on demand' line, making it sound like McDonalds has some sort of drive through abortion clinic. I dont think anyone is promoting 'abortion on demand'. There is a huge difference between that, and legal. And Roe VS Wade goes way, way beyond just abortion.

Someone posted a link to a site that compaired the candidates stand on issues with your own..I was very surprised.

(Me agreeing with two polititians).

LINK

The only question I found that was redundant is that Obama wants to reduce government spending, but then wants to create a new healthcare-for-all bureaucracy.

Yeah..I was a little offended? by the stupidity of that question, too.

I mean..Who's going to go on record as saying they want MORE government spending? Especially in any economy that's not exactly Booming?

I even answered it in my mind as wanting Less spending (duhhh) but also with a provision of more efficient spending or a redistribution towards stuff we really need.

There has been times when Govt spending has been a stimulus to get the Economy going again, but that tax rebate thing we got recently, went directly toward my mortgage.

Any woman in politics owes a debt to the 'liberals'. If social 'conservatives' would have had their way, women would still be kept barefoot and pregnant. I can open a history lesson on civics if needed. I think her choice as VP is a political tactic, as any VP choice is. There is also the whole pile of crap the GoP is using that ANY criticism of her is somehow anti-woman, or just because she is a woman.

If the press wants to act like a bunch of idiots, they're the ones that will have to deal with the backlash. Funny when Hillary cried bias, then it was an issue...

Jeannette Rankin, Republican from Montana, was the first woman elected to serve in Congress. On November 9, 1916, she was elected to the House of Representatives as Montana's Representative-at-Large to the 65th Congress; she served from 1917–1919. (Notice: She was elected before Wilson signed the 19th Amendment)

Margaret Chase Smith, a Republican from Maine, holds the record for the being the first woman to serve in both houses of Congress. Originally elected in 1940 to fill the vacancy left by her dying husband, she was then elected to the Senate in 1948. In 1964, she becomes the first woman nominated for president of the United States by a major political party, at the Republican National Convention in San Francisco.

Edith Nourse Rogers, a Republican from Massachusetts, holds the record for the longest service by a woman in the House of Representatives. Originally elected to fill the vacancy caused by her husband's death, she served from June 25, 1925, until her death on September 10, 1960.

Sandra Day O'Connor is appointed by President Reagan to the Supreme Court, she served as an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States from 1981 until her retirement from the bench in 2005. She is first woman to serve on the Supreme Court.

Condoleezza Rice is the 66th United States Secretary of State, and the second in the administration of President George W. Bush to hold the office. Rice is the first black woman to serve in this position.

Yeah, barefoot and pregnant. :laughpound

who wants to bet this marriage is probably more of a "forced" marriage between the families? And obviously, I don't know the two kids...but I doubt it lasts.

Why don't you ask Obama about his mothers marriage to his dad? Seems as if it was a bit "forced" when you consider the reason her parents married was because Barack's mom was pregnant....at 18.

This is the double standard the democratic party is notorious for. Barack's mother is heralded for being a strong teenage mother who raised her kids amidst adversity. Yet, Palin's daughter is being made out to be a white-trash whore who can't keep her pants on.

FWIW, I hate this time of year. I absolutely f'ing despise politics. I'm 38 and I've never voted a day in my life and probably never will. There hasn't been a politician worth a pile of sh#t in a hole that I felt I wanted to vote for.

I get real sick of this 'abortion on demand' line, making it sound like McDonalds has some sort of drive through abortion clinic. I dont think anyone is promoting 'abortion on demand'. There is a huge difference between that, and legal. And Roe VS Wade goes way, way beyond just abortion.

I also hate the term "pro life"...as if you don't believe in "pro life" you must be "pro death"

I'm pro death...and not just for unborn babies. For everyone, adults too!! I think everyone should be aborted!!! bwahahahahahahahah. PRO DEATH!!

:sarcasm

who wants to bet this marriage is probably more of a "forced" marriage between the families? And obviously, I don't know the two kids...but I doubt it lasts.

Why don't you ask Obama about his mothers marriage to his dad? Seems as if it was a bit "forced" when you consider the reason her parents married was because Barack's mom was pregnant....at 18.

This is the double standard the democratic party is notorious for. Barack's mother is heralded for being a strong teenage mother who raised her kids amidst adversity. Yet, Palin's daughter is being made out to be a white-trash whore who can't keep her pants on.

FWIW, I hate this time of year. I absolutely f'ing despise politics. I'm 38 and I've never voted a day in my life and probably never will. There hasn't been a politician worth a pile of sh#t in a hole that I felt I wanted to vote for.

You want hypocrisy? Seems to me that not too long ago Mr. Dan Quayle was preaching about the "poverty of values" when a fictional character Murphy Brown had a child out of wedlock. Now conservatives wanna hide behind a privacy excuse? Well that does make a little sense since this administration has been the most secretive since Nixon.

Here's some more from some of the most notorious hypocrites on the planet on the subject at hand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8uGenNjOAI

well, what year do you want to debate here? 2008 or 1961? An 18 year old white mother raising a black child in the 1960's and later died of cancer before she could see her son's candidacy...or a 17 year old girl who might be raising a child while grandma is in the White House?

I would say the Palin family has much more to gain politically if their daughter marries the father of her child...and much to lose if she didn't. Besides, I don't think a 17 year old marriage marriage will last long...Obama's mother's didn't (btw, no marriage certificate exists for his mother and father).

Really, I think her child is off-limits. And besides, I don't think it says anything about family values that she is pregnant. Premarital sex - it happens; some people get pregnant but most don't. Does that mean only the ones who get pregnant are somehow base and immoral?

My beef with Palin right now - aside from the fact that it seems she was selected not based on competence, but because she'll attract a certain demographic - is that she supports teaching creationism in schools. She sugar coats (well, it's a sensitive issue, I guess) it as promoting healthy debate and as recognizing that there are theories other than evolution out there.

>_>

Creationism is not a theory.

By the way, that Jon Stewart clip is amazing. That guy really knows how to lay it down to hypocrites.