Mizzou Spread,Unfair Advantage?

hskerprid

As other poster's have mentioned, there are disadvantages to the QB lining up so in punt formation. My guess is that there will be one team that figures out a very good way of combatting that problem and then other teams will follow suit and Missou will have to adjust.

See "Oklahoma Sooners"

Yep, worked great against West Virginia's spread and TT spread.

3 teams, 3 different spreads. The term spread is so meaningless right now. MU uses a lot more movement from the QB, and the line uses more or less normal splits. TT the QB is a pure pocket guy, and the o line uses very wide splits. And WVU is a run spread, where the passes are mostly out of the read option.

Actually, I think Mizzou's splits are wider then Texas Tech's

The Missouri defense equalizes any advantages the offense might have...so it all comes out even.

It will be interesting to see how the Cyclones fare against this MU defense when they meet. I don't think it will come down to a "false" holding penalty in the last 20 seconds this time.

I think Cyclone fan may want to tend to his own defense instead of worrying about the #6 team in the nation.

It will be interesting to see how the Cyclones fare against this MU defense when they meet. I don't think it will come down to a "false" holding penalty in the last 20 seconds this time.

I think Cyclone fan may want to tend to his own defense instead of worrying about the #6 team in the nation.

Mizzou may be the number six team in the nation, but in that first game, the Mizzou secondary looked horrible. Granted it was the first game and things may be fixed, but right now, Cy has a point.

Bwhahaha...

Tiger in SC, I have a quiz for you:

Which team last year allowed pathetic ISU QB Bret Meyer throw for a season best 237 yards on 33 of 48 passing with no interceptions?

A. Missouri

B. All of the above

Which team last year allowed ISU's Alexander Robinson to run for a career high 149 yards on 22 attempts?

A. Missouri

B. All of the above

Which team was outgained in 2007 by an anemic ISU offense 389 yards to 366 yards?

A. Missouri

B. All of the above

Which team allowed a huge 38:22 to 21:38 gap in possession time against Iowa State?

A. Missouri

B. All of the above

If that's the team you're talking about....bring it on!

Bwhahaha...

Which team last year allowed pathetic ISU QB Bret Meyer throw for a season best 237 yards on 33 of 48 passing with no interceptions?

A. Missouri

B. All of the above

Which team last year allowed ISU's Alexander Robinson to run for a career high 149 yards on 22 attempts?

A. Missouri

B. All of the above

Which team was outgained in 2007 by an anemic ISU offense 389 yards to 366 yards?

A. Missouri

B. All of the above

Which team allowed a huge 38:22 to 21:38 gap in possession time against Iowa State?

A. Missouri

B. All of the above

Which team won?

A. TAR

B. All of the above

End of subject unless you don"t care about wins, just running at the mouth.

:moreinteresting

TuffTiger

Which team won?

A. TAR

B. All of the above

End of subject unless you don"t care about wins, just running at the mouth.

:moreinteresting

TuffTiger

Oklahoma....twice as I recall.... <_<

Hey...I just realized you typed that in the Queen's Own English! Ha...must have hit a nerve eh?

Don't you worry Mister...when your team shows up in Ames, my Clones are going to knock their tooth out!

Bwhahaha...

A. Missouri

B. All of the above

A. Missouri

B. All of the above

A. Missouri

B. All of the above

A. Missouri

B. All of the above

Here is a quiz for you cyclone boy...

Who Won

a. Mizzou

b. Isu

Who won the big 12 north

a. Mizzou

b. Isu

Who finished 4th int the final AP poll for the 2007 football season..

a. Mizzou

b. Isu

Whose Basketball Coach Had a great time with the Missouri Coeds?

I'll make it easy... ISU... lol

MU will SMOKE Iowa State this season......................

Nice try though