Better NU than Tennessee

The beat writer was on 590 today...he talked about how the coaches decision to rather come to Nebraska had to deal with playing in the midwest, rather than going further east. He said the coach suggested this becuase less travel time for his west-coast based team, in addition to a less humid climate. I haven't sold it well, but listening to him, I believe he meant no disrespect by what he said.

Or maybe he's caught a lot of flack and needed a little damage control! :P

I'm a little worried or reputation for politeness isn't hurting us. I know they hold around 100,00 @ Neyland, but the fans should show a little more aggresion towards these teams. At least until the game is over!

The hole "playing in Lincoln is tough, but......" comment sounds like a girl telling you "Your a great friend" :nutz

The beat writer was on 590 today...he talked about how the coaches decision to rather come to Nebraska had to deal with playing in the midwest, rather than going further east. He said the coach suggested this becuase less travel time for his west-coast based team, in addition to a less humid climate. I haven't sold it well, but listening to him, I believe he meant no disrespect by what he said.

Or maybe he's caught a lot of flack and needed a little damage control! :P

I'm a little worried or reputation for politeness isn't hurting us. I know they hold around 100,00 @ Neyland, but the fans should show a little more aggresion towards these teams. At least until the game is over!

The hole "playing in Lincoln is tough, but......" comment sounds like a girl telling you "Your a great friend" :nutz

well, yeah...either way we're going to f#ing slaughter those motherless son's of b$tches. That's a given.

Maybe I completely missed his point, but I took it that the fans are so much better in Lincoln than in Knoxville. He says we're polite while I'm assuming he's saying they are rude meaning they throw things at the opposing team, etc. It might have absolutely nothing to do with the players or the coaches but rather the hostile environment compared to our "polite" environment.

:yeah

He means that the coaches wives won't get beat up in the stands or have urine tossed at them as opposed to some sh*thole like Penn State.

Maybe I completely missed his point, but I took it that the fans are so much better in Lincoln than in Knoxville. He says we're polite while I'm assuming he's saying they are rude meaning they throw things at the opposing team, etc. It might have absolutely nothing to do with the players or the coaches but rather the hostile environment compared to our "polite" environment.

:yeah

He means that the coaches wives won't get beat up in the stands or have urine tossed at them as opposed to some sh*thole like Penn State.

I went to the Fiesta Bowl in 2000 when NU played Tenn and we won, and if I remember right we won the year before also. So to say they would rather play a lesser oponent in NU, to me is back*ss thinking

here is a comment from that article lol.

Thu, 09/04/2008 - 10:17 — Tenn. or Nebraska?

Bugeater57

This coach is in for a VERY rude awakening this Saturday. THIS IS NEBRSKA! New coach. New philosopy (just like the old Osborne one). Last year's problems were 98% above the shoulder...Callahan lost his team, repeat of the Raiders. But Callahan did recruit very well and Nebraska has a lot of speed and talent and now it's being coached well again.

Look out! Holtz gets it about Neb. Last week Lou Holtz called Nebraska his pick for the surprise team of the '08 football season. A sea of red is about to hit coach Tomey and his guys.

This one is going to get ugly fast. Mark my words, his guys will be wishing they were in Tenn. about noon this Saturday.

The game wasn't gonna be a contest BEFORE this article came out, But after this gets around the Huskers locker room........... it's gonna get UGLY and FAST!

When Cally and staff was here that story had alot of truth to it, but with Pelini and crew in place, SJS is in for a serious ASS WHOOPIN'!

GO BIG RED!!!!!

Having watched and listened to coach Tomey while he coached Arizona here in Tucson, I can tell you he meant no disrespect towards the Huskers. He is one of the classiest coaches in the game. He probably shouldn't have not been let go by Arizona, as he did put a winning team on the field each year. It's hard to get this town to get excited about football here, with the basketball team they have had. Tomey was able to do that, even with the success of the BB team. I understand what he was saying, look at Tenn the last 4 yrs and look what Cal & Company did to the program. Easy choice now but I wouldn't want to play in Lincoln in a couple of more years. Huskers are on the rise, Tenn is still playing the way they can. That's expected when you have the same staff in place for a while.

All that said I hope we do put 50 on them. We do need to see the defense step up more this week. Get better each week, little by little. The talent is there, just don't know if we have enough time to get it where it needs to be, by weeks 4 and 5.

:bonez

GBR!!!

You know one thing that goes unmentioned, wasn't Pud paying top dollar for non-con patsies? Something like $800K? The average is ~$350K. Maybe money was also a factor in the decision.

Money Grab: Rising costs of nonconference football games

LSU is shelling out $2.9 million for four nonconference opponents, the most spent by an FBS school, according to the Register's findings. Nebraska's $2.7 million for four nonconference opponents is second, followed by Ohio State $2.2 million for three opponents.

Tennessee is paying about $50-100K less to its non-conf than Nebraska.

Closer travel, more cash, nice fans, same beat down, what's not to like?