Greetings from an NMSU fan

Kev

Moderators, I'm not sure if this is in the right forum, if it's not please move it. Thanks!

First off, I just want to state what an honor it will be for this Aggie fan to watch his alma mater take on one of the most prestigious football programs in the country. My friends and I have been looking forward to this trip for sometime now. This will be our programs first game of the season which definitely puts us behind the 8-ball. I have a couple questions that hopefully you'll be able to answer for me in regards to our trip to Lincoln.

1) Mind you that we are all in our mid 20's and all males, what bars should we check out for the "scenery" on Friday and Saturday night?

2) In regards to steaks, where can we find the best one in Lincoln?

3) From what I understand, finding a spot to tailgate can be pretty tough. We are staying at The Cornhusker, should we just plan around staying in the general vicinity? Any good areas to hangout before the game? (Bars, restaurants, and etc.)

4) While we are in Lincoln, what should we not miss out on? For example, last year we went down to Auburn and checked out Toomer's Corner. They have some great fans down there by the way.

5) How's the weather right now, is September a rainy month for the area?

6) Feel free to add something I may have missed on in the other questions. Anything else would be very much appreciated!

Can't wait for the game folks, I don't know what to expect from our team other than the fact that we will be throwing the ball A LOT! You will be impressed with quarterback Chase Hollbrook and our wide receiver Chris Williams(don't let his size fool you, he can play.)

If you have any questions about our team at all feel free to ask, I'll answer to the best of my ability.

Before the game: Sidetracks.. Great husker atmosphere. And I have never tailgated at a game, I usually just get tanked at Sidetracks and then have the worst hangover on the drive back :)

Weather is Beautiful today, 71* and sunny (in omaha)... But being Nebraska, It could be 20 and snowing,or 100 and 50mph heated wind come game time.

Being from Omaha, I'm not sure on most of the other stuff. lol

Misty's downtown will have the best steaks, definitely order their namesake Prime Rib, before the game any bars close to the stadium will be packed / have a good atmosphere. I can't answer too many other questions than that.. hopefully another poster can. Hope you enjoy your stay in Husker Nation!

Eff Lincoln.........come to Omaha.

Hotter chicks, better nightlife.

Trust me.........in my 20's too.

Dude, you're wrong man. Omaha's nightlife is waaay too spread out to even be considered better. Lincoln has O street, filled with bars, and The University of Nebraska has some of the hottest co-eds I've seen.

Trust me.....I'm in my early 20's too.

And I live in Omaha. (personally, I find the Omaha night life to be quite crappy.)

Dude, you're wrong man. Omaha's nightlife is waaay too spread out to even be considered better. Lincoln has O street, filled with bars, and The University of Nebraska has some of the hottest co-eds I've seen.

Spread out?? Ok that's fine. But that might be a BETTER thing. In Omaha, there's the Old Market of course. Plenty of bars, plenty of places to find some grub including steak i.e. Omaha Prime.

Check out the Slowdown for some live music. An awesome tour stop from the countries best indie bands.

Village Point for some good steaks and Kona Sushi Bar. The Funnybone is out there.

And chicks and cougars everywhere. Not just co-eds.

Spread out?? Ok that's fine. But that might be a BETTER thing. In Omaha, there's the Old Market of course. Plenty of bars, plenty of places to find some grub including steak i.e. Omaha Prime.

Check out the Slowdown for some live music. An awesome tour stop from the countries best indie bands.

Village Point for some good steaks and Kona Sushi Bar. The Funnybone is out there.

You are right about the Slowdown. I love going there, it's probably one of the best venues I've been to for a concert. Great place.

Kona grill is fun, their reverse happy hour is great! The Old Market is good, but way overpriced.

I have to disagree with you about spread out being a good thing, part of the fun of going out is bar hopping. It's waaay to hard to barhop in Omaha because you have to drive everywhere, very dangerous. In Lincoln, you can get as sloshed as you want and walk anywhere. That's a big factor for me.

I agree....Omaha has a better nightlife year-round. During football season though, Lincoln can be pretty crazy. Otherwise, try going there in the summer when school is out of session.....yikes! <_<

You are right about the Slowdown. I love going there, it's probably one of the best venues I've been to for a concert. Great place.

Kona grill is fun, their reverse happy hour is great! The Old Market is good, but way overpriced.

I have to disagree with you about spread out being a good thing, part of the fun of going out is bar hopping. It's waaay to hard to barhop in Omaha because you have to drive everywhere, very dangerous. In Lincoln, you can get as sloshed as you want and walk anywhere. That's a big factor for me.

Good point.

Moderators, I'm not sure if this is in the right forum, if it's not please move it. Thanks!

First off, I just want to state what an honor it will be for this Aggie fan to watch his alma mater take on one of the most prestigious football programs in the country. My friends and I have been looking forward to this trip for sometime now. This will be our programs first game of the season which definitely puts us behind the 8-ball. I have a couple questions that hopefully you'll be able to answer for me in regards to our trip to Lincoln.

1) Mind you that we are all in our mid 20's and all males, what bars should we check out for the "scenery" on Friday and Saturday night?

We will just assume Omaha is not an option...anywhere on 'O' Street you will find a pleathura of college babes, definately check out Barry's on Saturday if you can stand in a crowd.

2) In regards to steaks, where can we find the best one in Lincoln?

This is debatable. The old guard will say Misty's or Lazlo's, and they're both a football standby and very good, but if you like a prime cut of beef, try Wilderness Ridge or the Venue. A 'real' good steak can be had at Mohogany in Omaha, but be prepared for $100 per person (that's including protein, sides, drinks, dessert, tax and tip).

3) From what I understand, finding a spot to tailgate can be pretty tough. We are staying at The Cornhusker, should we just plan around staying in the general vicinity? Any good areas to hangout before the game? (Bars, restaurants, and etc.)

Barry's or Sidetracks are both downtown and will provide the atmosphere you search.

4) While we are in Lincoln, what should we not miss out on? For example, last year we went down to Auburn and checked out Toomer's Corner. They have some great fans down there by the way.

In Lincoln? hmmm...there is no true answer to your question...

5) How's the weather right now, is September a rainy month for the area?

The weather has been very pleasant of late, highs in the mid 70's....you'll want to check the days prior to your arrival, but it's a very good time to come.

6) Feel free to add something I may have missed on in the other questions. Anything else would be very much appreciated!

Our fans are most hospitible...walk through the parking lots near the stadium (where they are tailgating) wearing your gear...you're sure to find some friendly folks to offer conversation, food and drink. Have fun.

Can't wait for the game folks, I don't know what to expect from our team other than the fact that we will be throwing the ball A LOT! You will be impressed with quarterback Chase Hollbrook and our wide receiver Chris Williams(don't let his size fool you, he can play.)

If you have any questions about our team at all feel free to ask, I'll answer to the best of my ability.