Not concerned. And you shouldn't be either.

MVPujols

After reading most of these threads it has become obvious that Tom screwed up with his hire and should have hired some of the Mod's off this board. They are clearly more versed in Husker football then Bo or Tom. I feel so lucky that they grace us with their infinite knowledge.

:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound

I agree.

I won't be concerned until we get to the Baylor game and its a close game.

Young team + new scheme + early in the year = mistakes.

It happens guys. CHILL THE f#*k OUT.

And I always wonder why I don't go to bars and watch the games..

You have to be a little concerned. Or maybe we are wanting the 90's back to soon. It would be nice to see Witt, Lee, Mendoza and some of the other kids get some playing time. A lot of us thought we would see them getting a lot of playing time, through the first three games. When Ganz was slow to get up after a hit last week, it scared me. First thought I had was, we are in trouble if he can't play. Backups need some playing time this week. Would like to see them in for part of the third and all of the fourth quarter, this week.

GBR!!!

You have to be a little concerned. Or maybe we are wanting the 90's back to soon. It would be nice to see Witt, Lee, Mendoza and some of the other kids get some playing time. A lot of us thought we would see them getting a lot of playing time, through the first three games. When Ganz was slow to get up after a hit last week, it scared me. First thought I had was, we are in trouble if he can't play. Backups need some playing time this week. Would like to see them in for part of the third and all of the fourth quarter, this week.

GBR!!!

I'm not concerned one bit. I actually EXPECT these mistakes to happen the first few games. I would be amazed if they didnt. You cant expect a young inexperienced team in a new scheme to play perfect.

Yes, the missed tackles did get kind ridiculous last week but once again I'm not concerned because mistakes CAN BE CORRECTED.

GBR!!!

I'm not concerned one bit. I actually EXPECT these mistakes to happen the first few games. I would be amazed if they didnt. You cant expect a young inexperienced team in a new scheme to play perfect.

Yes, the missed tackles did get kind ridiculous last week but once again I'm not concerned because mistakes CAN BE CORRECTED.

Your not looking at the whole picture. It just wasn't the D that was having trouble. In fact if it wasn't for the D, we may have lost it.

Having inexperienced players starting is the result of not being able to get them any reps. You think T.O. had all veterans each year. It may have seemed that way, but the back ups were playing in the 3rd and 4th quarters, in most of the first few games and through out the year. If he had left his starters in all year, we would have led the nation in defense, and scoring defense most years or been top 3.

Granted this is Bo's first year, but some valuable play time for the backups was missed the last 2 weeks.

It will be harder for the backups to get playing time, after this week.

I really hope your right, but I don't see things as rosy as you right now.

GBR!!!

GBR!!!

Your not looking at the whole picture. It just wasn't the D that was having trouble. In fact if it wasn't for the D, we may have lost it.

Having inexperienced players starting is the result of not being able to get them any reps. You think T.O. had all veterans each year. It may have seemed that way, but the back ups were playing in the 3rd and 4th quarters, in most of the first few games and through out the year. If he had left his starters in all year, we would have led the nation in defense, and scoring defense most years or been top 3.

Granted this is Bo's first year, but some valuable play time for the backups was missed the last 2 weeks.

GBR!!!

Meh, I understand what you say but I don't see the reason for all the worry worts at this point. The backups will be fine IMO whether they get a ton of reps or not. I don't see this season as being rosy as the OU/Mizzou/TTech games could get ugly but I still don't believe 8-4 is out of reach.

GBR!!!

GBR!!!

Meh, I understand what you say but I don't see the reason for all the worry worts at this point. The backups will be fine IMO whether they get a ton of reps or not. I don't see this season as being rosy as the OU/Mizzou/TTech games could get ugly but I still don't believe 8-4 is out of reach.

I would take 8-4 also.

GBR!!!

I'm not concerned. There were a lot of teams that were flat this past weekend. Ohio State, Florida, South Florida, West Virginia, and even Texas Tech. Those are basically top 10 teams. At one point the Buckeyes were down 14-12 in the fourth. So was Tech (against Nevada in the third qtr and still was close to the end). Harrell was even 13-33 passing at one point in the third quarter against man coverage. And dude is a career 70% passer.

Something was in the air. I'm not concerned. Or worried. GBR all the way!

The teams you mentioned can afford to be flat. NU can not.

no they cant. ask ou about their trip to CU

Pelini has made two things clear in his pressers this week:

1. He doesn't believe the team came out flat. He said the players came out and displayed poor fundamentals and failed to execute the game plan.

2. The coaches made virtually NO ADJUSTMENTS to their defensive gameplan throughout the game. Yes, he said that. I will look up a link to back it up if nobody else remembers reading this.

Thus I don't think the early struggles were due to a lack of desire. Nor do I think the outcome of the game was a testament to Pelini's ability to adapt in game situations.

1. He doesn't believe the team came out flat. He said the players came out and displayed poor fundamentals and failed to execute the game plan.

2. The coaches made virtually NO ADJUSTMENTS to their defensive gameplan throughout the game. Yes, he said that. I will look up a link to back it up if nobody else remembers reading this.

Thus I don't think the early struggles were due to a lack of desire. Nor do I think the outcome of the game was a testament to Pelini's ability to adapt in game situations.

Very interesting on both counts.

Now can we stop hating on Callahan for being arrogant, not making adjustments, and just trying to get players to execute better instead of switching schemes they were taught?

Very interesting on both counts.

Now can we stop hating on Callahan for being arrogant, not making adjustments, and just trying to get players to execute better instead of switching schemes they were taught?

If players executed a scheme properly, but are still getting beat then that is when adjustments should be made. If they fail to execute, you have no basis as to what is/is not working to adjust off of. The players need to execute properly first, then you can adjust schemes. Why adjust a scheme and then have it not work either because the players don't execute?

Difference between Coz and Bo is that one did not teach the system properly and one does. I have read several articles quoting players and former players that under Coz they only knew what they were supposed to do on a play, not why they were doing it nor what everone else around them is going to do and why. Bo is big on teaching the system, the players should have that understanding. You see it in the swarm mentality. Coz trying to get the players to execute better was an exercise in futility because he failed to lay the foundation of knowledge with the players. Bo is the oposite, he came in started with the very basics in the Spring and built from there. Players now know what they are supposed to do, they should be expected to execute and then allow Bo to do his job of calling the game and making adjustments.