The Big 12 defined

np_husker

What do you think we'll see this season, the "best case scenario" or the "worst case scenario" as determined by the writer of this article? I'm guessing it will be the "worst case", which I think will actually be more fun!

We are the Big 12 and we are...

Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Griffin

... in position to challenge the SEC as the nation's top conference.

The Big 12 has posted a collective 28-4 record with only one really unexplainably bad loss this season -- Texas A&M's stinker against Arkansas State. With four teams packed among the top 11 in both major polls, the conference is as top heavy as any in the country.

Some of the teams in the middle like Colorado, Nebraska, Kansas State and Oklahoma have looked good as well. Eight Big 12 teams are currently unbeaten, matching the SEC for the most of any conference.

The league's collection of top quarterbacks is unmatched and receivers like Michael Crabtree and Jeremy Maclin could emerge as Heisman threats. An all-star array of talent packs the conference. It could be in line for a breakout season in terms of national recognition.

Best-case scenario: An undefeated Missouri and Oklahoma meet Dec. 6 for the Big 12 championship in Kansas City with a BCS title game berth on the line. The winner heads for Miami. The loser goes to Glendale, Ariz.

Worst-case scenario: The Big 12 proves to be as balanced as expected as teams beat each other up all season. The parity is fun to watch, but death for its national title hopes.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/ncfnation?tag=we%20are%200804

***SNIP***

The Big 12 has posted a collective 28-4 record with only one really unexplainably bad loss this season -- Texas A&M's stinker against Arkansas State.

***SNIP***

I have a problem with someone who allegedly is a professional writer employing non-existent words. Mr. Griffin might want to consult a dictionary - the word he is stumbling about in the dark for is inexplainably. It certainly doesn't lend credence to his opinions when he can't get something like that right...

***SNIP***

The Big 12 has posted a collective 28-4 record with only one really unexplainably bad loss this season -- Texas A&M's stinker against Arkansas State.

***SNIP***

I have a problem with someone who allegedly is a professional writer employing non-existent words. Mr. Griffin might want to consult a dictionary - the word he is stumbling about in the dark for is inexplainably. It certainly doesn't lend credence to his opinions when he can't get something like that right...

You do mean, "the word for which he is stumbling about in the dark is...", don't you?

***SNIP***

***SNIP***

You do mean, "the word for which he is stumbling about in the dark is...", don't you?

I thought that this is Huskerboard not english class :lol:

***SNIP***

***SNIP***

Thank you, professor AR Husker Fan, for that timely and relevant point. I think some of the younger posters on this board would do well to take Mr. Griffin's rebuke with fear and trembling.

***SNIP***

***SNIP***

I thought that this is Huskerboard not english class :lol:

:bang Now I are feeling really really stupid...

***SNIP***

***SNIP***

You are, of course, correct. Never end a sentence in a prepisition...a-hole! :lol:

Some of the teams in the middle like Colorado, Nebraska, Kansas State and Oklahoma have looked good as well. Eight Big 12 teams are currently unbeaten, matching the SEC for the most of any conference.

I wonder if Oklahoma considers themselves as a middle of the pack team in the Big 12.

he has them in the CC game so he must be talking about their 2nd team