If Nebraska loses to Va Tech...

JHaWk

I have been seeing a lot of confidence around here for the inevitable hokie defeat (which is good), but some

act like this is Duke coming to town. Dont judge a team based on its conference...va techs D is very capable and could win this game on its own...

If NU somehow loses, will there be a complete meltdown in huskernation? I personally do not want to see what happened after USC happen again this year..

Im not trying to be a cocky Jayhawk fan, but we KU fans were very disappointed after the USF loss, after acting like USF was Syracuse. Dont overlook these guys, Va Tech wants to win, but so do the skers. Go win one for the Big 12 and for Husker nation

If Nebraska doesn't put a solid victory on VTech, Husker fans will be disappointed. A loss would be, uh, very disappointing.

Plausible, yes. Still disappointing. The important thing is I don't think the team has overlooked Tech. We can only hope that's enough.

IMO, the game could go many ways. It's not unrealistic to see Nebraska getting its ass handed back on a silver platter, but it's also not unrealistic to see the Hokies get soundly clobbered.

It'll hurt, but I don't think we'll melt down. Bo has the team in the right state of mind.

And, though I think we'll win, you're right - we shouldn't underestimate this team. Watching the No. Carolina game, I've tempered my expectations. I was expecting a blow-out before - now I think it's 50-50 we may not cover.

But... their win at NC has more to do with the NC QB getting hurt - they gave the game away with 2 late turnovers.

We've GOT to win the turnover battle - we CANNOT give them a short field. I worry about our backs holding on to the ball.

However, I think we can throw on them, and we'll run some option on them.

If we go +1, I think we win. Tight - but we get a 'W.' Thankfully, it seems taylor will be happy to oblige.

Go +2 and it's a 10-14 pt. victory; +3 or more and it gets ugly.

If the turnovers are even, I think it comes down to penalties, field position and special teams. I think we can compete there - and we'll put pressure on Taylor. Cannot miss tackles, though, either. One stat they lead us in is penalties - they're well-coached in that respect.

But, if we let them hang around and make mistakes, we could be in trouble. We can't stop playing until the scoreboard shows 0:00 left in the 4th... unless it goes to overtime :)

I have been seeing a lot of confidence around here for the inevitable hokie defeat (which is good), but some

act like this is Duke coming to town. Dont judge a team based on its conference...va techs D is very capable and could win this game on its own...

If NU somehow loses, will there be a complete meltdown in huskernation? I personally do not want to see what happened after USC happen again this year..

Im not trying to be a cocky Jayhawk fan, but we KU fans were very disappointed after the USF loss, after acting like USF was Syracuse. Dont overlook these guys, Va Tech wants to win, but so do the skers. Go win one for the Big 12 and for Husker nation

Totally agree. VaTech is not a very good team. They can't seem to get anything going on offense and they're facing a MUCH improved defense. Should be a long day for the Hokies.

if you think people around here are confident about it, go glance around at a hokie forum.....

I think we would be ok even if we lost. Would it be disappointing....yes. But this years team has a grasp on how important each game is. Last year I think the team pinned so much on that USC game that when we lost our season was over right there. Bo is just taking them one game at a time with an "each game is as important as the next" attitude. It`s good to have this game before the Mizzo game for just that reason...play the game at hand and don`t look to next week.

I don't see where KU mustered up the confidence they had against USF. Grothe, Ford, Selvie on defense...Those guys will finish first or 2nd in the Big East depending on how well UConn does. They can play. I think it's pretty safe to say that USF would probably beat VaTech. I mean, no offense, but I think KU fans got really spoiled after last year. We'll see if that success can be sustained...

I don't see anyone acting like that, people just recognize that Va Tech is on a very down year and they have to come here for a night game. I personally think the game is going to be low-scoring and close, with a 3-7 point win for the Huskers. I hardly think that's underestimating Va Tech.

Yep, agree. We know it's gonna be a dogfight, prolly a 24-17 type outcome, hopefully w GBR prevailing.

We really NEED this game... :restore

I think as long as the team plays hard, is physical and doesn't give up, most fans won't be too terribly disappointed in a loss...at least I won't be. The big problem last year was the team (especially the defense) would give up after getting scored on (see USC). Hopefully we don't see a repeat of last years dismal performance.

We lose by 20 there might be a meltdown by some fans. but if it's close and we lose we can't be dissapointed

Are you kidding me? Lose this game and a small percentage of Husker Nation goes on suicide watch(just like after every loss). We don't know how this team will respond and with 2 tougher tests coming up in the next 2 weeks, it will be real easy to go into the tank. This team has not faced much adversity, and we don't exactly know how they will respond if they lose. If Nebraska loses this game and badly, the firebopelini.com website gets its first major push.