Bo's Penalty

I liked the Fire and passion, we are about to see (in a year or two) this fire rolling over and tearing up a lot of big time opponents!!

You have to be smart about it...yeah, play with passion, but don't hurt the team doing it. Same thing with coaching...coach with passion, stand up for your players, but know when to quit at the point that it becomes counter-productive and will hurt the team.

I duno i guess this is something we can expect from him though after the way he acted in the bowl game. But i think TO will shine some wizdom down on him and calm him down. Sure get fired up and say that was a bs call but no name calling bo. That Co*# Suc##r comment is what probally got him the penalty.

I never heard what he said...but if he called the official a CS, he is lucky he didn't get ejected...and I probably wouldn't argue with that ejection, no matter how wrong the official may or may not have been on the Suh penalty.

It's never acceptable. Ever, ever.

not so much acceptable as just part of some people's personality.

Maybe some people shouldn't have that much pressure placed on them if that is how they react in those types of situations. It was bad enough that Suh got called for a questionable personal foul, but Pelini might as well have just given the Hokies the end zone by adding 15 more to it. Absolutely uncalled for and it is embarassing. I had a youth basketball coach that got kicked out of games for arguing with refs. It didn't fire us up, it embarassed us.

This is a lot different than in baseball when the coach gets kicked out, he runs the game from the clubhouse and no harm no foul. This cost 15 yards in a crucial spot. I get the fact that Pelini is fiery, but so was Callahan. Most thought he was an embarassment to the program for "slashgate" and "f'ing hillbillies." But Pelini gets a pass from most because "he just wants to win so bad." That logic completely reaks of bullsh#t.

I guess thats you. I have seen hundreds of football, basketball and baseball teams get fired up becuase of stuff likt this. I have also seen official/ refs/umps start calling games differentially because of it. I cant tell you how many times I have heard coaches/ managers say " i was trying to get a T/flag/thrown out"

I like the passion too, it was certainly a bad time to draw the penalty. I agree your actions are an influence on your team and it has a tendancy to show up on the field. This is a win/lose situation that we are going to have to live with Pelini. His players will go through brick walls for him (his passion is contagious) and at the same time, it can go too far....

This is something that we willl have to live with.....and while I am at it.....at some point all the defensive timeouts are going to cost us late in a game. This will be the subject of a thread at some point this season.

It's never acceptable. Ever, ever.

not so much acceptable as just part of some people's personality.

Maybe some people shouldn't have that much pressure placed on them if that is how they react in those types of situations. It was bad enough that Suh got called for a questionable personal foul, but Pelini might as well have just given the Hokies the end zone by adding 15 more to it. Absolutely uncalled for and it is embarassing. I had a youth basketball coach that got kicked out of games for arguing with refs. It didn't fire us up, it embarassed us.

This is a lot different than in baseball when the coach gets kicked out, he runs the game from the clubhouse and no harm no foul. This cost 15 yards in a crucial spot. I get the fact that Pelini is fiery, but so was Callahan. Most thought he was an embarassment to the program for "slashgate" and "f'ing hillbillies." But Pelini gets a pass from most because "he just wants to win so bad." That logic completely reaks of bullsh#t.

I guess thats you. I have seen hundreds of football, basketball and baseball teams get fired up becuase of stuff likt this. I have also seen official/ refs/umps start calling games differentially because of it. I cant tell you how many times I have heard coaches/ managers say " i was trying to get a T/flag/thrown out"

Yeah, that is me, and maybe because it was youth league basketball that it was embarassing(maybe because the guy thought he was Bob Knight and it was kind of pathetic). Sometimes it does act as a rallying point for a team when the coach does get in a ref's face to stick up for his player. It was almost deflating last night, but I think the deflation might have already occurred because of the call on Suh. I dunno, I just hope this isn't a common trend to continue.

It was a "BO"ne headed penalty and he should know better.

"Bo knows unsportsmanlike conduct fouls."

you are clearly enjoying this

I just wish he didn't make a "BO"ob of himself and could control his crap a little bit. I get the "fire" but their is a pattern. We knew what we were getting with him though.

It may be like with most officials and coaches and the longer he has been around the more he will be able to get away with.

They (coaches) always tell players to put the last play behind them however he just continued to carry on.

One big difference between coaches getting kicked out of youth bball games and Div 1 football.

You aren't penalized 10 points if your coach get's kicked out of the bball game.

I can't believe some people are actually defending an act by a coach which absolutely and without a doubt negatively impacts the team. There is no debate IMO.

This is something that we willl have to live with.....and while I am at it.....at some point all the defensive timeouts are going to cost us late in a game. This will be the subject of a thread at some point this season.

:yeah

This is really pissing me off. I think we need some better organization on the offensive side of the ball as well. WTF is with us getting the snap off right at the buzzer every damn down? VT had plenty of time at the line while we barely got it off.

It was a "BO"ne headed penalty and he should know better.

"Bo knows unsportsmanlike conduct fouls."

you are clearly enjoying this

I just wish he didn't make a "BO"ob of himself and could control his crap a little bit. I get the "fire" but their is a pattern. We knew what we were getting with him though.

It may be like with most officials and coaches and the longer he has been around the more he will be able to get away with.

They (coaches) always tell players to put the last play behind them however he just continued to carry on.

totally different situation. a player is never going to effect how a game is called(in a positive manner at least). a coach can. it was a poor time to try that, if in fact that is what he was trying to do.

as for the rest of the stuff... like I said, its clear you are enjoying this.