Bo knows..the running game is hurting

Hunter94

Reality mescot, that is all.

Not bagging on the team. You can only do so much with the cards you are dealt.

Go back and look at the talented teams we faced last year. I think Texas was the only team we were even close to being able to run the ball.

I am not giving up on the team. I just have feelings that they are not what some think they are and it showed last Saturday nite. Even the VaTech fans saw we were not talent heavy, and comments about being very slow compared to their conference is scary.

You have to start seeing what is real, and not hoped for. No amount of pixie dust is going to change this team into a conference contender this year, most likely not next year. See what you have, deal with it and move on. Give Bo the time to fix it.

If we lose the next two games like I think we will, there will be many on this board, calling for the head of one of the coaches if not Pelini. When you call for the assistants heads, you are calling the HC questionable.

We do not need that. We need to do the work that is ahead of us, move the program in the right direction and never ever get down on them. My guess is by the end of the Missouri game next week we will have boo birds in the stadium.

This did not happen over night and it will not be fixed over night. As I have stated numerous times, our problems were not just coaching last year and it was obvious Saturday night. We have better coaches now and will move forward faster, but it is a talent thing as I see it more so this year.

your opinion is not reality.

as for last year... that wa LAST YEAR. name one really good team we TRIED to run against. name one game we tried to establish it. we were pass first pass often. thats going to take time to get over. even the "unnamed coach" that was bashing us last week said this. he also said that he thought we would be able to straighten this out most likely this year.

now I am not calling for any coaches, but I am also not giving up on the players. someone said it in another post and its true... the TALENT level between teams is not that great. good teams do more with it.

The reality of it is, most coaches, most likely all coaches believe in establishing the run. I never had one that didn't, and the past staff did when it had the abiltiy, see Jackson, Ross.

For some reason they gave up on it last year, and this staff did to. I wonder why? Maybe the line is not strong enough or talented enough to do it.

31 yards against SC last year, 67 against Missouri I think, Texas we got somewhere near 115. We could not run the ball, not sure it was their choice.

If you are questioning the staff on running the ball, you are calling for change.

And as stated the VaTech fans felt we were under talented and lacked speed, they were surprised we could not move the ball on the ground as they have numerous true freshman playing.

You can say the talent is the same, and you can believe that if you want, but all you have to do is watch the line play and see our team get blown off the line time after time after time. Last year and this year against talented teams.

Again this is not coaching.

Go back and look at the talented teams we faced last year. I think Texas was the only team we were even close to being able to run the ball.

I am not giving up on the team. I just have feelings that they are not what some think they are and it showed last Saturday nite. Even the VaTech fans saw we were not talent heavy, and comments about being very slow compared to their conference is scary.

You have to start seeing what is real, and not hoped for. No amount of pixie dust is going to change this team into a conference contender this year, most likely not next year. See what you have, deal with it and move on. Give Bo the time to fix it.

If we lose the next two games like I think we will, there will be many on this board, calling for the head of one of the coaches if not Pelini. When you call for the assistants heads, you are calling the HC questionable.

We do not need that. We need to do the work that is ahead of us, move the program in the right direction and never ever get down on them. My guess is by the end of the Missouri game next week we will have boo birds in the stadium.

This did not happen over night and it will not be fixed over night. As I have stated numerous times, our problems were not just coaching last year and it was obvious Saturday night. We have better coaches now and will move forward faster, but it is a talent thing as I see it more so this year.

I agree with almost everything you are saying. I mean, the Huskers had two weeks to prepare for this game and this is the best they can do? They looked sloppy, unprepared, and still making the same exact mistakes they have been making since day one. This season is not going to be pretty.

But to say that it wasn't the coaches last year...well, it doesn't make any sense. Were they or were they not the coaches that recruited these players? Yeah, they may not be as athletic as many teams in Division I football, but how did they get here? The lack of speed and athleticism is due to the last regime. To say otherwise would be inaccurate.

I agree with almost everything you are saying. I mean, the Huskers had two weeks to prepare for this game and this is the best they can do? They looked sloppy, unprepared, and still making the same exact mistakes they have been making since day one. This season is not going to be pretty.

But to say that it wasn't the coaches last year...well, it doesn't make any sense. Were they or were they not the coaches that recruited these players? Yeah, they may not be as athletic as many teams in Division I football, but how did they get here? The lack of speed and athleticism is due to the last regime. To say otherwise would be inaccurate.

you people honestly think the mistakes can be fixed in 2 weeks? or 4 weeks? do you think coaching is that easy? I'm not saying I'm not disappointed with the sloppy play, but it is still early in th season and its a first year coach. not may coaches do well in there 1st season. its not easy to turn things around, and its NEVER quick. for anyone here to act like this is the finished product is insane. look how much the defense has already improved. they still aren't good, but they aren't as bad as last year... and we lost a lot of players. I expect to see improvement as the year progresses on both sides of the ball

melscott,

That is not what I am saying at all.

I have said 7-5 since the start. I did not think they would play as close as they did in honesty.

We are doing a little better than what I had actually thought we would.

I am on board with this team. I just want all to give it time.

I support the effort and the coaching completely, but the talent was not here last year either. The previous staff knew it and tried to work around it. This staff I think is doing the same. Do not expepect a great ground game. We do not have the talent to do it is what I am saying. Without a good ground game we have no chance agains the tougher opponents.

Play the cards we have and let the dealer get new ones is all I am saying. Keep the faith, just as I have said since day one. This is not going to be pretty. A new coach can not answer all the problesm we have, he is doing the best he can with what he has. No on should be getting down on the staff. There are problems here and it will take time.

There are reasons these kids did not play at Oklahoma, Florida, SC and a host of others. They were not good enough. We need to deal with that and let the coaches do all they can with what they have. It may take a few years to see what we want to see.

I have been the realist on this since day one. Never have I said we would do better than 7-5, and I still think that is where we are at. God I hope we get by Colorado.

Helu might be one of the best players recruited by the Callahan staff. On the flip side a reflection of the lack of talent of some of their other recruits is the fact so many walk ons are getting into the line up. While the walkon program is great for bolstering the ranks but so many of them busting into the starting line up this year has to raise some eyebrows. Thorell? Sure he may be a good athlete but we should have recruited better.

melscott,

That is not what I am saying at all.

I have said 7-5 since the start. I did not think they would play as close as they did in honesty.

We are doing a little better than what I had actually thought we would.

I am on board with this team. I just want all to give it time.

I support the effort and the coaching completely, but the talent was not here last year either. The previous staff knew it and tried to work around it. This staff I think is doing the same. Do not expepect a great ground game. We do not have the talent to do it is what I am saying. Without a good ground game we have no chance agains the tougher opponents.

Play the cards we have and let the dealer get new ones is all I am saying. Keep the faith, just as I have said since day one. This is not going to be pretty. A new coach can not answer all the problesm we have, he is doing the best he can with what he has. No on should be getting down on the staff. There are problems here and it will take time.

There are reasons these kids did not play at Oklahoma, Florida, SC and a host of others. They were not good enough. We need to deal with that and let the coaches do all they can with what they have. It may take a few years to see what we want to see.

I have been the realist on this since day one. Never have I said we would do better than 7-5, and I still think that is where we are at. God I hope we get by Colorado.

many of our players were offered by those schools. not all but many. I dont think we are ever going to be able to go toe to toe with those schools in recruiting though.

Not many a few, and they were not the first of their position on that team normally. The only recruit we have that SC wanted that I am aware of is Lucky. But that is explained later in this post, or at least how I feel about it.

He fooled someone else too :clap

Actually set and watch next week, don't worry about the score or anything but basic line play. See if you truly believe it is just coaching these kids up. Too slow, not athletic enough, not quick enough to play on the big stage. Bo will get us close, with his schemes and ideas, but toe to toe, we are not there, and I do not think we are close.

As far as the recruiting, we are not going to get the top kids, there is no question, but some of our kids were sold a bill of goods by the previous staff. We need kids that know the day they set foot on this University it is work till you drop and just maybe you will play.

Pete Carroll made a statement the other day that was very interesting. Some sportscaster asked him how do you get enough snaps for all the 5 star players, how do you deal with it. He said it never happens, they do not concern themselves with it. They only recruit kids that think they will come in and start at SC as freshman, if they do not have that attitude, they are not offered. You play for SC and it is an honor to be selected. That is the way it used to be here. We need that back, more than we need anything. Pride, sense of urgency, all the talking by coaches, past players, Coach Osborne do no good if that basic drive is not there. We are missing that characteristic in our players I think. I am sure some have it, but right now not all.

Not many a few, and they were not the first of their position on that team normally. The only recruit we have that SC wanted that I am aware of is Lucky. But that is explained later in this post, or at least how I feel about it.

Actually set and watch next week, don't worry about the score or anything but basic line play. See if you truly believe it is just coaching these kids up. Too slow, not athletic enough, not quick enough to play on the big stage. Bo will get us close, with his schemes and ideas, but toe to toe, we are not there, and I do not think we are close.

As far as the recruiting, we are not going to get the top kids, there is no question, but some of our kids were sold a bill of goods by the previous staff. We need kids that know the day they set foot on this University it is work till you drop and just maybe you will play.

Pete Carroll made a statement the other day that was very interesting. Some sportscaster asked him how do you get enough snaps for all the 5 star players, how do you deal with it. He said it never happens, they do not concern themselves with it. They only recruit kids that think they will come in and start at SC as freshman, if they do not have that attitude, they are not offered. You play for SC and it is an honor to be selected. That is the way it used to be here. We need that back, more than we need anything. Pride, sense of urgency, all the talking by coaches, past players, Coach Osborne do no good if that basic drive is not there. We are missing that characteristic in our players I think. I am sure some have it, but right now not all.

word........ :horns2

USC is on another planet when it comes to recruiting. no one else can get the type of talent they do. I'm always amazed when they actually lose.

Totally agree.

Could you imagine what Tom Osborne could have done with some of his teams.

My schtick is keeping us with in reason. Don't get to caught up in this BCS/CCG crap as we are not there yet. Trying to keep peoples feet on the ground. BC started off in the hole. I want Pelini to get all the time he needs. We already have people talking negative about certain coaches and selections. That is the first step to riding on Pelini.

I think we are headed in the right direction. But it will take time to know. We need this staff to succeed very badly.