I still feel good...

RedDenver

With all the negativity floating around this and other Husker boards, I feel alone in thinking we have a decent team. I'm disappointed we lost, sure, but I thought we played hard and came close to winning. At halftime I was thinking VT would come out and run it down our throats the second half, they did open up with 10 points to build an 18 point lead. But then, when I thought we were on the ropes, we came back fighting and clawing and brought the game back to a 5 point margin. We even were making good progress during the desperation drive to close the game. That's the kind of team I want - they didn't quit and they gave themselves a chance to win at the end.

Although everyone is upset with the running game, Watson, and Cotton, our offense played even better than I expected. We put up 30 points on one of the best defenses in the nation. Let me say that again - VT has finished in the top 5 in both scoring and total defense over the last 4 years. This is probably the best defense we will see the entire year. Few teams are going to be able to run on a defense like that.

well.....actually the offense put up 23 points, which is about what I expected them too. But, it is easy to

throw deep passes in the last 20 secs of the game when the D is in a prevent formation. The offense

was not impressive at all. Ganz looked like a freshman out there. The D did the most you could ask of them,

when you consider how poorly the offense helped them out.

Everything will be fine and some people just need to calm down.

Indeed. With all of the negativity flying around, you'd think that the previous coaching staff was still employeed here.

:yeah Simmer down people, the hangover from the preseason :koolaid2: needs to go away. Things will get better. They can't get any worse... <_< Honestly I hope Big 12 teams start to overlook us, with all the uncertanity teams might have we could lay some good whuppins when they least expect it.