is anyone looking forward to this?

eagskerfan

I'm looking forward to it. I think we can win, but here is what we have to do...

1. We have to have long, sustained drives to keep their offense (and more importantly our defense) off the field.

2. These drives HAVE to result in TDs, not field goals.

3. We have to correct this blown coverage problem. I don't care if it means less blitzes. C. Daniel will eat us alive if we leave guys wide open.

4. Win the battle of special teams.

5. No turnovers.

Oh yeah, and score more points than they do.

Evil, just plain evil!!!

Trucker, I actually feel better about the team after the VaTech game than I did prior. They are very talented and a very good defensive team. They may end up ACC champion, who knows. I to feel we have a major hurdle with Missouri, but the kids played hard, made some mistakes that can be corrected.

They are actually playing hard, and I honestly did not expect that. Hopefully there will be a win, but if not, I think they will play to the end. To me that is a big improvement over last year and that is all I have asked for.

Keep the faith sir.

:) The one high point is that they are trying, they aren't quitting. I really thought we would do better against VT, I drank the kool aid :koolaid2: ...I believed. No matter what happens the rest of the year, if these kids don't quit, we are heads and tails ahead of last year.

This team is like my kids, they may disappoint me at times, but you still love them, you still pay attention to them, and you still support them. It is just really disheartening to see how far in the wrong direction one bad HC can take a team in such a short time, though 4 years in college football is a lifetime.

I still have hope that we will somehow pull one out against Missouri. If we can even make it competitive, I will be thrilled. I don't want to see this team blown out like last year, it could really hurt the psyche of the team as a whole. Right now I think they still believe in themselves and in their coach, and I don't want to see that change in any way.

GBR!! :restore

Stay away from Maclin on kickoffs or punts. You would be surprised how many teams still kick to him.

Daniel will get his completions no matter what. Keep the play in front of you and no arm tackles are allowed.

You need a solid and consistent pass rush or it will be torch city guys.

Even though our receivers are really good don't forget about Coffman who is a tight end in name only.

Ok, enough of a scouting report from the opposing team.

With all the talk about Missouri snapping the losing streak in Lincoln, and this is a rebuilding year, etc.... I was wondering if anyone is looking forward to the game this weekend with a little optimism? I'll be at the game yelling my loudest and cheering my hardest for the skers just as I did last year, but does anyone out there think it's still ok to expect or hope for a win?

I was wondering if anyone is looking forward to the game this weekend with a little optimism? Always.

does anyone out there think it's still ok to expect or hope for a win? :dumdum Absolutely. Both are acceptable.

BEAT MIZZOU!!

Anyting is possible. Look at CU beating OU last year. No one expected that. If we establish the running game early, knock the living crap out of Chase Daniel, and often and keep the Mizzou Offense off the feild we have a pretty good shot. My prediction is that Lucky breaks the slump and rushes for 150+ yards.GBR

GO LUCKY AND GO BIG RED!!!!!

Anyting is possible. Look at CU beating OU last year. No one expected that. If we establish the running game early, knock the living crap out of Chase Daniel, and often and keep the Mizzou Offense off the feild we have a pretty good shot. My prediction is that Lucky breaks the slump and rushes for 150+ yards.GBR

I think we have a good chance of winning. But I think we need to go a different direction than the general pulse.

Fist off this idea that we need to establish the run first then we will win.

I totaly disagree. If we try to force the run early we will lose. We don't run that good and they will stuff our attempts. MU's biggest weakness is against the pass. They are not ranked very high. We need to test them early. If we score first and get up by a couple of scores early we can win this game. The crowd will rock this team to a victory but we need to start strong. If we do our team will play with a lot of energy. It will be very difficult to come back against these guys but it will be just as hard for these guys to come back against us (they are supposed to blow us out). We don't need to over think ourselves, we pass better than we run. We need to pass to set up the run. Black shirts need to hold MU to under thirty points.

GBR

:horns2

With all the talk about Missouri snapping the losing streak in Lincoln, and this is a rebuilding year, etc.... I was wondering if anyone is looking forward to the game this weekend with a little optimism? I'll be at the game yelling my loudest and cheering my hardest for the skers just as I did last year, but does anyone out there think it's still ok to expect or hope for a win?

This is our team, these are our boys, of course it is ok to expect and/or hope for a win. I look forward to each and every Husker football Saturday. I'm a fan regardless of wins or losses. I would prefer wins of course but truly I just look forward to listening to them on the radio or watching them on TV each and every Saturday of the season. LOVE MY HUSKERS!!!!! GO BIG RED!!!!

This is our team, these are our boys, of course it is ok to expect and/or hope for a win. I look forward to each and every Husker football Saturday. I'm a fan regardless of wins or losses. I would prefer wins of course but truly I just look forward to listening to them on the radio or watching them on TV each and every Saturday of the season. LOVE MY HUSKERS!!!!! GO BIG RED!!!!

Amen HuskerNCo! I have over 40 years devoted to my Huskers and I believe we are going to win EVERY game we play! I ALWAYS believe! If we lose, of course I'm sad. Being in Ohio, sometimes I have to settle for listening to huskers.com, but I've been lucky this year to have watched every game so far. I am usually hoarse from yelling at the TV! Can't wait for the Baylor game.......we've got tickets! GO BIG RED!!