The O-line

I am so sick and tired of reading people say the oline cant run block due to they were recruited to pass block.. THAT IS THE BIGGEST CROCK OF DOODOO I HAVE EVER HEARD. All it takes is a little fire under their rear and some getting hit in the mouth if you ask me.. Now if they aint got it they just dont have it period.. There are more then a few teams that throw the ball and when needed to run block they lay the would to D-lines...

I am so sick and tired of reading people say the oline cant run block due to they were recruited to pass block.. THAT IS THE BIGGEST CROCK OF DOODOO I HAVE EVER HEARD. All it takes is a little fire under their rear and some getting hit in the mouth if you ask me.. Now if they aint got it they just dont have it period.. There are more then a few teams that throw the ball and when needed to run block they lay the would to D-lines...

:yeah Yes sir.

I am hesitant to believe that they cannot run block because they are so used to pass blocking.......

I think it is a cover for a less than amazing Line......

But hey, i certainly couldn't block any better........I just hope they improve as the season progresses...

Wasn't the WCO supposed to be a balanced attack? No way in Hades did BC only recruit pass blocking OL. This is absurd. Run blocking takes more effort which our team has been adamantly against the 4 years prior to this year.

Exactly. Nicks was considered by some to be the best run-blocking OL in the draft last year. Look, when we switched to the WCO the O-line had troubles because we hardly ever threw the ball in our old offense. But if you haven't noticed....it hasn't exactly been 80/20 pass/run during Callahan's time. You guys all want to blame his recruiting, but we haven't changed our offensive schemes

I know I will get flamed for this comment, but against VT I didn't see a whole lot of blocking period the first half...as a result Ganz was running around and not able to get set to throw...and I don't need to say anymore about the non-existent run game.

If we have a chance at all, the O-line has to step it up and block somebody.

Honestly How hard is it to fire out and hit some one in the MOUTH!!! Not very hard. I mean its fires out and drive your damn feet.. Or pull around the corner and hit your guy in the mouth and drive him into the ground.. Thats run blocking my friends.. So unless you have a soft O-line it shouldnt be hard..

Now I know I am going to get all the flack and told I dont know but I do...

Honestly How hard is it to fire out and hit some one in the MOUTH!!! Not very hard. I mean its fires out and drive your damn feet.. Or pull around the corner and hit your guy in the mouth and drive him into the ground.. Thats run blocking my friends.. So unless you have a soft O-line it shouldnt be hard..

Now I know I am going to get all the flack and told I dont know but I do...

I agree with you. :thumbs

I was watching a couple of the games the other day and it appears our inside guys or either slow when pulling or a lot of the time totally miss the guy they are supposed to be blocking. :bang Maybe that is why we have a different LG starting this week. Also I noticed on a few of the run plays RT moved over to the left side and we ran behind him. Now tell me if our LT is getting the job done and we have to move or RT over to try to run why not find a new LT? :dunno

Like I said Pass Blocking should be harder then run blocking yet we seem to pass protect pretty well. (except maybe the LT) :dunno

Notice I didn't mention any names so I don't hurt any feelings. I know how some folks don't like the calling out of players. :madash;)

Disclaimer: They are all better OL then I would ever be. Just some things I noticed.