*******OFFICIAL MISSOURI GAME THREAD********

I cant believe Im seeing so many people blame the coaches here.

Sorry, but they are the only ones to blame for the ticky tack, stupid, lack of concentration penalties we picked up this half...

I disagree entirely. As a player, if you don't have the personal discipline to avoid those type of stupid mistakes then you should not be playing at this level

Then why did Solich adn Callahan always get blamed for player breakdowns? This staff deserves time and they deserve a lot of the BLAME for what is happening during this game.

Also what happened to the arguement that any good coach can take the talent they have and make them win games? That is all I've heard since 2004 now it is all of a sudden going the other way.

Devaney took another coach's players and started winning. It was the start of what we are missing here. It was immediate because Devaney was one helluva coach. Bo ain't.

It was easier for Davaney. Recruiting was certainly easier. Now that South Fla., ect. ect. can all get TV exposier why would a player want to be in Lincoln from Jan 1st until Spring. Just give Bo P a chance.

4 games and you call for his head??? Same thing happened with T.O. and look how his tenure turned out.

GBR

T_O_B

I'm sure you don't want to hear this from a Mizzou fan, but for those of you bitching about the coaching staff.....get a life. You're 5 games into his first season, with someone else's players and some of the old coaches. If our AD had that attitude Pinkel would've been fired years ago and we'd still be getting pounded.

I'm not saying Pinkel is Bear Bryant, I'm just saying patience should be the order of the day.

thank you.... and by the way stick around

You're going to be fine with Bo. He will make you competitive again and play hard-nosed football. That being said, for those of you expecting a return to the "glory days" of NU football, it's just not going to happen. Not because of any deficiency with Bo or NU, just because that's not how college football works these days. If you can compete for a division title more than 5 out of 10 years and win a couple Big 12 titles in that time, you're doing pretty darn good.

Mizzou is not a flash in the pan. No, we won't be this good every year, but we're also not going away. No one is going to have a 30 year win streak over anyone anymore. Those days are gone. Here's to looking forward to a healthy rivalry with NU for the next decade or so. We're going to be down next year and I wouldn't blame you for putting the hurt on us if you can.

how many learning experiences do these players need?

EXACTLY!! I'm tired of fans playing the blame game!

NE, as of today, IS NOT A VERY GOOD TEAM! They don't BLOCK or TACKLE well. They don't play the game of FB WELL! The players aren't that GOOD--PERIOD!

That's what we ARE right now.

Deal w it NE FAN and stop looking for excuses, fantasizing about the past.

Blocking/tackling, that IS the game. We need to do that!

Simple. :)

I would like to acknowledge the MU fans that post on this board; you obviously represent the BEST of Tiger Nation and sportmanship! You could be talking smack, rubbing it in our collective 'face', and I wouldn't blame you one bit. But you have shown respect, restraint, and sympathy.

I wish Big Red could have given your excellent team more of a game; perhaps in the future...

I'd just as soon see MU run the table and win the CC as anybody.

Good luck and RESPEKT! :clap

I'm sure you don't want to hear this from a Mizzou fan, but for those of you bitching about the coaching staff.....get a life. You're 5 games into his first season, with someone else's players and some of the old coaches. If our AD had that attitude Pinkel would've been fired years ago and we'd still be getting pounded.

I'm not saying Pinkel is Bear Bryant, I'm just saying patience should be the order of the day.

thank you.... and by the way stick around

You're going to be fine with Bo. He will make you competitive again and play hard-nosed football. That being said, for those of you expecting a return to the "glory days" of NU football, it's just not going to happen. Not because of any deficiency with Bo or NU, just because that's not how college football works these days. If you can compete for a division title more than 5 out of 10 years and win a couple Big 12 titles in that time, you're doing pretty darn good.

Mizzou is not a flash in the pan. No, we won't be this good every year, but we're also not going away. No one is going to have a 30 year win streak over anyone anymore. Those days are gone. Here's to looking forward to a healthy rivalry with NU for the next decade or so. We're going to be down next year and I wouldn't blame you for putting the hurt on us if you can.

depends what you define as glory days... mid 90's? no. I dont know we will ever see that out of any program. but back to the general TO consistency... I think it is possible

again stick around... we have some cool MU fans already... you'd fit in nicely. and ignore the others.... they will be better in a few days after things calm down