Maybe we deserve this.

Not trying to be stupid or nuthing but maybe we had this comming. We ran up points and kicked so many buts in our run that things like this are enevitable. Look who weve used as doormats for the last 50 years. And now there taking good fun and kickin us in the teeth. I dont even like mismatched games like this. There not even fun to watch and dam painful to listen to. Im just saying that karma is a nasty thing and maybe weve had this comin for a while and now its our turn to be at the bottom. I dont want this but maybe its where we are headed. Just a thought.

In some ways we are getting a taste of what we have happily dished out to other teams...but it is hard to swallow. Maybe this is part of our "learning" experience, and will make us better fans when we are on the winning side...there has to be something positive come of this.

If this bothers you this much, maybe you should tune back in about 2-3 years from now. That is probably how long it will be before things are a little more competitive here. The Big 12 has some really good high scoring teams this year. Mizzou showed us why they're ranked 4th in the nation. With TT coming in and going to OU on the road, it's going to be a long season.

If this bothers you this much, maybe you should tune back in about 2-3 years from now. That is probably how long it will be before things are a little more competitive here. The Big 12 has some really good high scoring teams this year. Mizzou showed us why they're ranked 4th in the nation. With TT coming in and going to OU on the road, it's going to be a long season.

Im going to keep watching and im going to forever be a fan. All im saying is that maybe this is karma bitin us in the butt. We wont be like this forever i know that but maybe we were so broken that its gonna take a long time to bring us up.

Not trying to be stupid or nuthing but maybe we had this comming. We ran up points and kicked so many buts in our run that things like this are enevitable. Look who weve used as doormats for the last 50 years. And now there taking good fun and kickin us in the teeth. I dont even like mismatched games like this. There not even fun to watch and dam painful to listen to. Im just saying that karma is a nasty thing and maybe weve had this comin for a while and now its our turn to be at the bottom. I dont want this but maybe its where we are headed. Just a thought.

An amazing thread/post...

I'm an '89 Mizzou grad who has been a fan of the Tigers since I was a kid growing up in KC, so it goes without saying that I've suffered through many thrashings and heartbreakers at the hands of NU and OU (not to mention the 5th down debacle against CU, and so on). You get the picture...

At any rate, there were many times when, as I saw the thousands of Nebraska or Oklahoma faithful pour into Columbia to witness our butt-whippins, I wondered where the joy was in beating a team so badly. Sure, the visitors were always nice, offering some warm conversation and maybe even a burger or a cold beer, but it's easy to be nice to the slave when you're the master...

In my mind, it was clear that NU and OU were the superior teams, thus I didn't see the need to run the scores up the way Osborne and Switzer so often did. Believe me, 63-6 is a lot worse than 52-17.

I also believed that things may not always be like that, and that those you meet on the way up will likely be the same ones you encounter on the way down. Even on a nite like tonite I'm conscious of that. It's for that reason that I'm glad Pinkel called off the dogs, and that I'm not engaging in any gloating or smugness. Mizzou will not always be a football power, but I want it to always be known as a school with class.

I was at the game, and while I have to admit that I took great joy in knowing that Tom Osborne bore witness to this finally happening in Lincoln, I bear no rancor whatsoever towards Nebraskans. I live in Papillion, and have found Nebraskans to be the most decent people I've ever encountered or lived among (with the possible exception of my own peeps back in MO).

The road ahead of you as football fans looks a bit rough, but I think it might be a little rougher than necessary by virtue of some of the blowouts your school administered that need not have been so extreme. As a friend of Nebraska, trust me when I say that Osborne put a heckuva lot of negative energy out there in your names...

Your mileage may vary...

It was bound to happen, what team wouldn't want to gun for a program like NU. I am not speaking for anybody, but a lot of people forget how bad Oklahoma got in the 90's before Stoops, yes Husker fans, it was worse than we are now. Every team goes through cycles and we need accept that it is our time. If teams get the chance they will definitely hang points on the board, nuff said <_<

Give me a break!!!! This isn't karma, or anything else. It's poor football.

Sorry TrueMizzou if you feel that TO ran up the score with his 3rd and 4th team.

:yeah How do you tell a kid on 3d or 4th string not to try his best? Anyone that thinks a kid isn't going to try to impress someone when he gets his chance is nuts. maybe we just shouldn't keep score either.

:bonez

Everybody gets a trophy.

Its your week to bring the pop.

Mom brings you to practice in her van.

What a bunch of crap.

Suck it up.

When you win, you celebrate.

You don't tell the 2nd and 3rd teams to take it easy. They work hard too and deserve to play and score if they can.

When you get whupped you get whupped. Go back to practice and get ready to get even.

T_O_B

:bonez

Sometimes a look back is in order.Remember when they( fair weather fans) wanted T.O. gone? He couldnt beat OU ,couldnt win a bowl game.Then late in his tenure as NU head coach went on a incredible 60-3 run.

And a 9 win season doesnt sound so bad anymore does it?

Will that happen with Bo? who knows? its a rare blend of chemistry,talent,athletic ability and LUCK.We will get some beatings thats a guarantee but I for one believe that someday we will see a husker team that we will compare to the teams of old.

Give me a break!!!! This isn't karma, or anything else. It's poor football.

Sorry TrueMizzou if you feel that TO ran up the score with his 3rd and 4th team.

:yeah How do you tell a kid on 3d or 4th string not to try his best? Anyone that thinks a kid isn't going to try to impress someone when he gets his chance is nuts. maybe we just shouldn't keep score either.

Agreed. What? The Force has turned on us? C'mon. Bad decision making in the administration and athletic program led to this.

Ya, I always laugh at how NU "ran up the score" by running the ball up the middle with 2nd, 3rd, and 4th stringers. Were they supposed to just kneel down every second half snap?