Huskers a dirty team, QB Daniel says

IF it happened, then it was a low class trailer park move on the players part that did it...IF it actually happened.

I don't understand why Daniels is spending so much time bashing the Huskers, I think he proved his point on the field, and should be looking forward not backwards. Evidently Nebraska is in his head, even if they couldn't be on his field.

Nebraska and Missouri have history, and Missouri has had a bad taste in their mouth for a long time. We are just now getting a taste of what they have had...we have a choice, we can act like idiots and show our arse, or we can show self respect and take it all in stride knowing that we will be back where we once was.

Nebraska has a good chance of being back to where we were. Missouri has no long history of success...let's see if they can maintain it next season when they lose Daniel. He is half their offense this year...and won't be there next year.

I think we can all make the concession that spitting on somebody is a terrible, terrible thing to do.

But airing it out in public to disgrace a program is also a terrible thing to do.

And can somebody PLEASE tell me what was "disrespectful" about Coach Ekeler's comments? Was Chase Daniel expecting a Huskervision Tribute to Chase Daniel before the game and at half time or something?

FROM ESPN ARTICLE

Daniel said he took great satisfaction in the five-touchdown margin of victory. He said a Nebraska player spit on him before the game.

"I'm not going to say who it was. He knows who it is. That's bush league. That's blatant disrespect," Daniel said.

Daniel called Nebraska one of the "dirtiest" teams he's played.

I am a lurker and barely ever post, but this just chapped me. Missouri handed it to us, I'll give them that. But this comment is totally uncalled for. It was "settled" on the field until Daniel threw this knucklehead comment in. It had absolutely nothing to do with the game. If someone does you wrong, keep it to yourself. Maybe Daniel didn't think his comment was going to be printed. Maybe he was misquoted, but it doesn't appear that way. In any arena you can always find some fan or player that does something boneheaded from Missouri to Nebraska to Tim-buk-tu. I could find more than one Missouri fan that has cussed out the Huskers and then go on to say that they have some of the "dirtiest" mouths in the league. But then they could turn around and find someone in Nebraska who would do the same thing. I watched the game last night with some very respectable Missouri fans that could have reveled in the victory much more than they did. They watched. They cheered. It was over and they played a great game without shaking any salt on it. With this public comment, I've pretty much lost all respect for Chase Daniel. If someone does a childish thing to you, don't answer it by being childish yourself–BE A MAN.

Couldn't agree more, just like last year, after a convincing win, talking about Nebraska's defense being like a high school defense. Although I agree with him about last year, it's not something winners say. It's called never having been there before and not knowing how to win graciously.

I don't care who won, or by how much, he was right to call out bad behaviour, especially when it was not even in the context of the game. I do not understnad how you guys think that because Missouri won by a lot that makes a Husker sptting on the opposition before the game ok or something no one can speak of. Or, how that somehow reflects poorly on Daniel...

Wow...

I'm a Mizzou grad, raised in KC, who now lives in Papillion. While my home state will always be second in my heart (right behind the USA), I love living in Nebraska, and I love Nebraskans.

I saw this clip last nite on the World Herald web site, and - if it is true - it's shocking to me. I'm just as surprised by some of the reactions I've seen posted on this board. Although I know the wounds are still fresh, it goes against everything I've seen of Nebraskans ever since I was a student at Mizzou and known of them since I moved here. Even more significantly, it goes against what Nebraskans rightfully say about themselves.

If this stuff actually happened - and the 'if' certainly needs to be investigated - a message needs to be conveyed to Bo. This behavior is not worthy of the citizens of this state (two of whom greeted me warmly at the stadium last nite), and if some kid thinks it's okay to conduct himself in that manner, then one of only two things is going on: either he's getting the wrong message from his coaches, or he's not taking the right message seriously enough.

Either way, it falls squarely on Pelini's lap. There are no such things as bad units, just bad unit commanders. Your state is much better than this. While talent on the field may be an issue, the message this program sends about your state should never be in question.

My two cents only...

IF it happened, then it was a low class trailer park move on the players part that did it...IF it actually happened.

I don't understand why Daniels is spending so much time bashing the Huskers, I think he proved his point on the field, and should be looking forward not backwards. Evidently Nebraska is in his head, even if they couldn't be on his field.

Nebraska and Missouri have history, and Missouri has had a bad taste in their mouth for a long time. We are just now getting a taste of what they have had...we have a choice, we can act like idiots and show our arse, or we can show self respect and take it all in stride knowing that we will be back where we once was.

Nebraska has a good chance of being back to where we were. Missouri has no long history of success...let's see if they can maintain it next season when they lose Daniel. He is half their offense this year...and won't be there next year.

Fair point about if he could be lying, but as an outsider who hates Missouri, it seems like it is hard to think of why he would make it up.

I say that stuff happen all the time at game"s. High school or NCAA or pro. Ever team play"s some dirty stuff, may be some more than some. You can wipe off some spit better than broke leg.

This is football, I say.

Any way good luck to GBR rest of year. i read some post on hear and you have real tough team"s to play as TT, OU, KU. All right then.

getting all kid that you want at GBR is going to be hard since other BIG12 team"s are now strgonger. Kid"s don"t know about what happen even 5 year ago or so. it can be hard to be waiting for good to happen, but what choice is there? Wait or leave, right? i say wait. :nanalama

:cowbell: This simple can look likea cave man from Geico thing on TV?

I think TAH is real deal and more test ahead. OKST on SAT. Then I think Texas. :moreinteresting

TuffTiger

Columbia,MU.

You have to TRY to be that incoherent right?

No one knows how much of it is an act, and the guy is a legend because he is a posting genius and one of the best reads on the board. I don't care how he does, just that he does.

FROM ESPN ARTICLE

Daniel said he took great satisfaction in the five-touchdown margin of victory. He said a Nebraska player spit on him before the game.

"I'm not going to say who it was. He knows who it is. That's bush league. That's blatant disrespect," Daniel said.

Daniel called Nebraska one of the "dirtiest" teams he's played.

I am a lurker and barely ever post, but this just chapped me. Missouri handed it to us, I'll give them that. But this comment is totally uncalled for. It was "settled" on the field until Daniel threw this knucklehead comment in. It had absolutely nothing to do with the game. If someone does you wrong, keep it to yourself. Maybe Daniel didn't think his comment was going to be printed. Maybe he was misquoted, but it doesn't appear that way. In any arena you can always find some fan or player that does something boneheaded from Missouri to Nebraska to Tim-buk-tu. I could find more than one Missouri fan that has cussed out the Huskers and then go on to say that they have some of the "dirtiest" mouths in the league. But then they could turn around and find someone in Nebraska who would do the same thing. I watched the game last night with some very respectable Missouri fans that could have reveled in the victory much more than they did. They watched. They cheered. It was over and they played a great game without shaking any salt on it. With this public comment, I've pretty much lost all respect for Chase Daniel. If someone does a childish thing to you, don't answer it by being childish yourself–BE A MAN.

Couldn't agree more, just like last year, after a convincing win, talking about Nebraska's defense being like a high school defense. Although I agree with him about last year, it's not something winners say. It's called never having been there before and not knowing how to win graciously.

I don't care who won, or by how much, he was right to call out bad behaviour, especially when it was not even in the context of the game. I do not understnad how you guys think that because Missouri won by a lot that makes a Husker sptting on the opposition before the game ok or something no one can speak of. Or, how that somehow reflects poorly on Daniel...

Daniel doesn't behave like a winner. Even if you enjoy a blowout as you should, you don't go to the press and yuck it up about how good you feel. You show respect even if it isn't shown to you by some a-hole in the stands. And then to generalize that Nebraska is the dirtiest team he's ever played based on that alone is more than disrespectful. It's petty. It's small and reveals the class of Missouri's key team leader.

Daniel behaves like a spoiled brat; this is the second time he's opened his massive trap and let the bile come out after a good win. It shows the core of the Missouri program at its finest. They have no idea how to handle winning, which isn't surprising, because they haven't done much of it until recently. I think the fan base should be looking forward to the day when the kids that represent their school can play with class and respect. Keep this crap out of the media. Daniel ought to lick his bruised ego in private.

I don't think anyone's arguing that it was ok to spit on Daniel or that he shouldn't call it out, at least that wasn't my point.

My point was how you deal with it. If your goal is to make sure that player is punished appropriately then you tell your coach about it. If your goal is to use it as an opportunity to take a shot at the Huskers as a "dirty team" then you air it out in the press. I think choosing the second option reflects poorly on Daniel.

Fair point about if he could be lying, but as an outsider who hates Missouri, it seems like it is hard to think of why he would make it up.

I am inclined to agree with you, there is no real purpose after the fact, except maybe to just rub salt in the wound...but I am inclined to believe that it probably happened...real bone headed move, why give them more motivation to kick your arse?

Pinkel could have left the starters in and put up more points...I am convinced of that. At the end of the 3rd Qtr, I really thought they would hang 70 on us again...so I have to believe he showed a little mercy on us there, which if we had a player spit on one of his, I am not so sure we deserved that mercy and a lot of coaches wouldn't have given it to us.

Chase Daniel just needs to STFU.

From what I saw last night, a Mizzou player NEVER needs to talk about another team or players being dirty. From diving on piles with a ref in the middle, spearing Castille after he was down, hits OOB .. and none of this crap was called. Now none of it would have made an ounce of difference, but all of those plays are just downright dirty and NOT apart of the game.

As far as the spitting -- why is he acting like such a girl on a football field? Dude is playing FOOTBALL. For example -- anyone here ever been on the bottom of a pileup for a loose ball? Getting spit happens ALL the time. The sad thing is, it would be the absolute last thing you worry about. You would need to worry about keep your eyes and testicles first and worry about everything else later.

You just kicked the absolute crap out of a team on their field for the first time in 30 years and you are worried about getting spit on. What the heck is wrong with that picture?

I don't think anyone's arguing that it was ok to spit on Daniel or that he shouldn't call it out, at least that wasn't my point.

My point was how you deal with it. If your goal is to make sure that player is punished appropriately then you tell your coach about it. If your goal is to use it as an opportunity to take a shot at the Huskers as a "dirty team" then you air it out in the press. I think choosing the second option reflects poorly on Daniel.

I don't think it is something that needed to be thrown out to the media, especially after that game - after they spanked us. That should have been satisfaction enough. But kids are kids...and some know how to handle things with more grace than others.

Is this a case of Chase Daniel trying to rub the loss in? This isn't the first time that Chase Daniel has insulted the team. Remember last year when he called Cosgrove's defense "high school"? This may have been true, but there was no need to disrespect the coaches after you put a beat down on them. This might be the same type of thing. Chase Daniel is also a whiner when things don't go his way. He cries when they lose, for example Oklahoma last year. Didn't he call them a dirty team last year too?

I saw this clip last nite on the World Herald web site, and - if it is true - it's shocking to me. I'm just as surprised by some of the reactions I've seen posted on this board.

I agree that it's wrong to call him a liar. But what in particular are you talking about?

I think Daniel dealt with it inappropriately. The person who spit on him should be disciplined. He had a right to bring it to the attention of the coaching staffs, who then would hopefully have dealt with the matter privately. But then he goes and brings it out into public to shame our program. He made blanket statements about our team being dirty, and pretty much said that any comment made before the game, no matter how innocuous, was "disrespectful". He intended to rub salt into the wound. He wanted to take the actions of one person and extrapolate it to an entire team and fan base.

If you ask me, that's just as Bush League as spitting on somebody.

Well said...