Huskers a dirty team, QB Daniel says

FROM ESPN ARTICLE

Daniel said he took great satisfaction in the five-touchdown margin of victory. He said a Nebraska player spit on him before the game.

"I'm not going to say who it was. He knows who it is. That's bush league. That's blatant disrespect," Daniel said.

Daniel called Nebraska one of the "dirtiest" teams he's played.

I am a lurker and barely ever post, but this just chapped me. Missouri handed it to us, I'll give them that. But this comment is totally uncalled for. It was "settled" on the field until Daniel threw this knucklehead comment in. It had absolutely nothing to do with the game. If someone does you wrong, keep it to yourself. Maybe Daniel didn't think his comment was going to be printed. Maybe he was misquoted, but it doesn't appear that way. In any arena you can always find some fan or player that does something boneheaded from Missouri to Nebraska to Tim-buk-tu. I could find more than one Missouri fan that has cussed out the Huskers and then go on to say that they have some of the "dirtiest" mouths in the league. But then they could turn around and find someone in Nebraska who would do the same thing. I watched the game last night with some very respectable Missouri fans that could have reveled in the victory much more than they did. They watched. They cheered. It was over and they played a great game without shaking any salt on it. With this public comment, I've pretty much lost all respect for Chase Daniel. If someone does a childish thing to you, don't answer it by being childish yourself–BE A MAN.

FROM ESPN ARTICLE

Daniel said he took great satisfaction in the five-touchdown margin of victory. He said a Nebraska player spit on him before the game.

"I'm not going to say who it was. He knows who it is. That's bush league. That's blatant disrespect," Daniel said.

I am a lurker and barely ever post, but this just chapped me. Missouri handed it to us, I'll give them that. But this comment is totally uncalled for. It was "settled" on the field until Daniel threw this knucklehead comment in. It had absolutely nothing to do with the game. If someone does you wrong, keep it to yourself. Maybe Daniel didn't think his comment was going to be printed. Maybe he was misquoted, but it doesn't appear that way. In any arena you can always find some fan or player that does something boneheaded from Missouri to Nebraska to Tim-buk-tu. I could find more than one Missouri fan that has cussed out the Huskers and then go on to say that they have some of the "dirtiest" mouths in the league. But then they could turn around and find someone in Nebraska who would do the same thing. I watched the game last night with some very respectable Missouri fans that could have reveled in the victory much more than they did. They watched. They cheered. It was over and they played a great game without shaking any salt on it. With this public comment, I've pretty much lost all respect for Chase Daniel. If someone does a childish thing to you, don't answer it by being childish yourself–BE A MAN.

need i remind you, the dude did eat a booger on national tv.

FROM ESPN ARTICLE

Couldn't agree more, just like last year, after a convincing win, talking about Nebraska's defense being like a high school defense. Although I agree with him about last year, it's not something winners say. It's called never having been there before and not knowing how to win graciously.

Daniel came in to lincoln, performed well and mizzou won for the first time in 30 years.

if you respected daniel before the game, you probably still do.

If you never respected him.

you still don't.

IF it's true, the player that did it is an asshat. IF it never happened, daniel is an asshat for saying it happened.

either way, someone's an asshat.

personally, I don't see why he'd make up something like that.

who knows.

Daniel also wasn't wild about some comments that came out of the Nebraska camp last week. Among them:

NU coach Bo Pelini talking about shutting out Missouri; tailback Marlon Lucky saying Missouri had better watch out because NU was mad after losing to Virginia Tech; and linebackers coach Mike Ekeler's remarks at the Big Red Breakfast about being really excited about the Blackshirts' game plan.

"We heard everything," Daniel said. "The moment it came out, we heard it.

"That's just blatant disrespect for us. You've got to settle (it) on the field, and I think we more than did that tonight."

o noes!1

Bo Pelini stated the obvious in that Nebraska's goal was to stop Missouri! How disrespectful!

Marlon Lucky was angry after losing a close game to Virginia Tech! How disrespectful!

The defensive coaching staff thought that they had formulated a viable plan for stopping a powerful offense! And to boot, they were looking forward to the game!! How disrespectful of them!

And to add insult to injury, they actually suited up and tried to play! The nerve!

I can't wait until this guy descends into obscurity in the arena league. It's been shown time and again that he can't compete against a physical defensive line. He's too short, too hot-headed, and too f'ing spoiled to play at the next level. Little bitch is going to eat turf when they play Oklahoma.

FROM ESPN ARTICLE

The saddest thing about this whole season will be IF Daniel manages to run the table with this cupcake schedule he'll actually think he achieved something. I cannot wait for Oklahoma to wipe the smirk off his face. I agree that the alleged incident is pretty classless, but talk about a whiny bitch. You run up the score on an opponent and then walk around Lincoln with two hands in your pants. Please.

This just shows how undisciplined our team is. I wouldn't mind if Bo would call up Chase and find out who did it. Chase is right, it is bush league. Typical of our players to run their mouths, act cocky, disrespect the other team, then go out and get spanked. The same guy probably strutted out of the locker room last night.