Huskers a dirty team, QB Daniel says

FROM ESPN ARTICLE

Daniel said he took great satisfaction in the five-touchdown margin of victory. He said a Nebraska player spit on him before the game.

"I'm not going to say who it was. He knows who it is. That's bush league. That's blatant disrespect," Daniel said.

Daniel called Nebraska one of the "dirtiest" teams he's played.

I am a lurker and barely ever post, but this just chapped me. Missouri handed it to us, I'll give them that. But this comment is totally uncalled for. It was "settled" on the field until Daniel threw this knucklehead comment in. It had absolutely nothing to do with the game. If someone does you wrong, keep it to yourself. Maybe Daniel didn't think his comment was going to be printed. Maybe he was misquoted, but it doesn't appear that way. In any arena you can always find some fan or player that does something boneheaded from Missouri to Nebraska to Tim-buk-tu. I could find more than one Missouri fan that has cussed out the Huskers and then go on to say that they have some of the "dirtiest" mouths in the league. But then they could turn around and find someone in Nebraska who would do the same thing. I watched the game last night with some very respectable Missouri fans that could have reveled in the victory much more than they did. They watched. They cheered. It was over and they played a great game without shaking any salt on it. With this public comment, I've pretty much lost all respect for Chase Daniel. If someone does a childish thing to you, don't answer it by being childish yourself–BE A MAN.

need i remind you, the dude did eat a booger on national tv.

What a bunch of haters, if the man spit on Daniel then he did. Obviously it was very insulting to Daniel and he felt to air it out. If the shoe was on the other foot and a MU Player spit on Ganz all we would be reading from the Nebraska faithful is what poor "sports" MU players are and "how in the world can this allowed"

It doesn't matter in the long run, but don't cover up a despicable act.

And don't hate on Daniel, a great college QB and a player who always has done the "right" thing on and off the field.

Yes, he carved up Nebraska again.... but have the "respect" and "class" that Nebraska fans are known for. Don't justify an idiot who just happens to have a N on his helmet

oh right we are the haters, i mean we aren't the ones throwing urine bombs on people or calling fans peices of crap and yelling profanity's at little girls, or you know keying cars. How many times do you think missouri spit on nebraska players during games over the years? how many times did the huskers air it out? Learn to act like you've been there before...oh wait it's missouri if you don't win this year your back to being a basketball school.

side note, if daniel was a man he'd play rugby and then he'd never walk again.

I'll admit that sometimes Daniel says more than he should. He is cocky and self assured but he also backs it up on the football field. But spitting, if it is true, from a Nebraska player really sucks. I don't know if he is lying, I can't think of a reason why he would though. I didn't notice any dirty play by Nebraska. Maybe I missed a few things but apparently the refs didn't. :)

Look. Nobody has defended this mystery Husker who spat on the boogie man.

But the point is that dirty things happen on a footbal field during every game. That's reality. Coming out and accusing an entire program of being "one of the dirtiest" you have ever played is immature and unprofessional.

That is what we are saying.

His team didn't just hand us our asses on the field, he had to go and mouth off to reporters to further denigrate the program. The things that happened to him were not special or rare. He came out shittalking to reporters because it's Nebraska week.

I saw this clip last nite on the World Herald web site, and - if it is true - it's shocking to me. I'm just as surprised by some of the reactions I've seen posted on this board.

I agree that it's wrong to call him a liar. But what in particular are you talking about?

I think Daniel dealt with it inappropriately. The person who spit on him should be disciplined. He had a right to bring it to the attention of the coaching staffs, who then would hopefully have dealt with the matter privately. But then he goes and brings it out into public to shame our program. He made blanket statements about our team being dirty, and pretty much said that any comment made before the game, no matter how innocuous, was "disrespectful". He intended to rub salt into the wound. He wanted to take the actions of one person and extrapolate it to an entire team and fan base.

If you ask me, that's just as Bush League as spitting on somebody.

Or maybe he was referring to the entire game, and not just that one action. He was on the field, you know.

I know these are our Huskers, and we all dislike Chase Daniel, but come on! A Nebraska player spits on an opposing team player, gets called out, and we put all the focus on criticizing the guy who calls him out for dealing with it the 'wrong way'?!

A spade's a spade. That Nebraska player should man up, come out, admit his mistake and apologize. I wouldn't shed a tear if he were suspended for a game, because that is really bush league.

We got two good hits on Chase Daniel all night. One of those hits cost us 15 yards. I didn't see any evidence of dirty play. The guy should not have made a point to call out the integrity of the team because some dipsh*t spit on him before the game.

He must have been referring to Missouri, who the series after we got our penalty committed the exact same one and never got called. The refs called that thing so one-sided it was funny. Not that it would have made a difference, but there was all kinds of pushing and shoving and hitting out of bounds by the boys in black.

With all the rule changes inspired by the NFL, where the HELL is the accountability of NCAA refs bad officiating? ITs getting ridiculous, to the point where a bad call can be made and there is NO challenge or review whatsoever. I honestly think the refs should be fined, suspended and/or terminated if they blow calls... no matter how big or small. 14 penalties to ONE!? Gimme a fekking break... I felt like stabbing one of those refs with my shoe!!

IF it happened, it should be taken up against the coaches, not announced in the press. IF it happened BO will handle it. As far as the dirty play, the only thing I saw was the late hit, by BOTH Teams, not just one. I hope a Nebraska player didn't stoop to that level, no matter how big of an ego Daniels has, we should never stoop to that level. It's been done to our guys I'm sure at one point by opponents, but that doesn't excuse us doing it to them. And things like that brought up in the press and not to the coaches is bush league too

14 penalties to ONE!? Gimme a fekking break... I felt like stabbing one of those refs with my shoe!!

You should feel like stabbing some of our players, because the disparity was mainly due to our team committing more penalties. There were a couple facemasks missed (for which I blame the elimination of the 5-yard call) and maybe one hit on Ganz that could've been called. However, we were not as disciplined as Missouri was, and that has more to do with the penalty ratio than bad officiating.

the spitting is uncalled for. but the dirtiest team they have played? please. they had numerous hits on our players that could/should have been flags. look at the last play of the game. ganz turned his back and stepped out of bounds and still got hit. I'd say it was a physical game.... whats wrong with that??

This is Mrs. kc_husker posting this comment... I'm so mad right now that Chase Daniels is crying to the media about how dirty the ENTIRE Husker football team is because one player spit on him. I do not think it was appropriate what that Neb player may or may not have done. But I would have appreciated a little camera time after my trip to Columbia last year to talk about how HORRID Tiger fans were to me personally.

Not just one player spitting on me. Not just a couple of college kids. I'm talking from the moment we hit I70 to the moment we left that bad place we were treated with disrespect (to use Daniel's words) and it was Bush League (also his words). We were given the one figure salute several times on the highway. Once we were in the city it went well beyond smack talk. After my first trip to the bathroom where we were tailgating (which was the ALUMNI lot) I would not go to the bathroom alone because I wasn't comfortable with what these fans may do. Again I'm not referring to the drunk college guy who won't remember what he did that night. I'm talking adults and even young kids. Rocks and beer cans being thrown at us after the game as we approached the parking garage where our vehicle was.

So Chase Daniels cry all you want about one person spitting on you. I will never return to Columbia again, but I made a point to make sure that Tiger fan was welcome in Lincoln because that is not how we roll....

This is Mrs. kc_husker posting this comment... I'm so mad right now that Chase Daniels is crying to the media about how dirty the ENTIRE Husker football team is because one player spit on him. I do not think it was appropriate what that Neb player may or may not have done. But I would have appreciated a little camera time after my trip to Columbia last year to talk about how HORRID Tiger fans were to me personally.

Not just one player spitting on me. Not just a couple of college kids. I'm talking from the moment we hit I70 to the moment we left that bad place we were treated with disrespect (to use Daniel's words) and it was Bush League (also his words). We were given the one figure salute several times on the highway. Once we were in the city it went well beyond smack talk. After my first trip to the bathroom where we were tailgating (which was the ALUMNI lot) I would not go to the bathroom alone because I wasn't comfortable with what these fans may do. Again I'm not referring to the drunk college guy who won't remember what he did that night. I'm talking adults and even young kids. Rocks and beer cans being thrown at us after the game as we approached the parking garage where our vehicle was.

So Chase Daniels cry all you want about one person spitting on you. I will never return to Columbia again, but I made a point to make sure that Tiger fan was welcome in Lincoln because that is not how we roll....

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

If the shoe was on the other foot and a MU Player spit on Ganz all we would be reading from the Nebraska faithful is what poor "sports" MU players are and "how in the world can this allowed"

We absolutely would not, because Ganz has the class to let the coaches deal with it behind the scenes. No way would Ganz have used the incident to label the whole Missouri team as "dirty." THAT's the difference between him and Daniel.

Well that and about 5 light years of talent.

I saw a team committ stupid undisciplined penalties all night. Bo was brought in to onstill discipline, effor and pride and there was not a lot of that last night.