Huskers a dirty team, QB Daniel says

The NBC station in Kansas City had "spit-gate" second on their agenda for the Sports Sunday segment. Thank God the Chiefs laid a giant egg on Sunday. Jack Harry blew his wad bitching about them in the first segment, so he didn't editorialize anything about the NU-MU game. They just showed all the Missouri players being interviewed after the game.

Who were the journalists interviewing the players after the game? Were they in the tank for Mizzou? They were completely baiting the players with the questions, like "what do you think they [Nebraska] learned today?" Gimme a f'ing break dude. You'd have to be certifiably retarded to think Ekeler's and Pelini's comments were "blatantly disrespectful" of Missouri.

Word on the the St. Louis Tiger forum is that Suh was the culprit. More to follow...

Theres got to be more info than what we are getting. Suh just wouldn't spit on anybody so Booger Boy must of said something to disrepect Suh or did something to provoke it.

All in all I still don't believe it. Like someone said it before......Chase better lay off the Beer and French Fries.

What irks me is that Daniel takes the actions of one person and lumps the whole team into the "dirty team" accusation. One player does not make a team. There's even a saying which is the mantra of coaches every where.....

Also Coach Pelini examined the game film and found nothing "dirty" during the game: ESPN link

Ya and not only that but HOW MANY LATE HITS DID MIZZOU PUT ON US AND WAS NEVER CALLED FOR IT???? I don't know what the hell was going thru those referee's heads when those kids where hitting our players after the whistles were blown.

Funny..

To this day, whenever I hear the word "Dirty" and "Team" together, I immediately think of Missouri.

It may be unfair, but I guess the 1st impressions are the most lasting.

Watching a UM fan run on top of parked cars after they beat us at home (my 1st game in person) startled me a little as a naive Highschooler.

But the next year when Jarvis Redwine got hit on the side of the knee on an extra point at Columbia and Osborn pretty much accusing Warren Powers of coaching his players to take cheap shots left an undelible mark on me..Fair or unfair...But at least it was a time when being a "Dirty Team" didn't involve the exchange of bodily fluids.

I know these are our Huskers, and we all dislike Chase Daniel, but come on! A Nebraska player spits on an opposing team player, gets called out, and we put all the focus on criticizing the guy who calls him out for dealing with it the 'wrong way'?!

A spade's a spade. That Nebraska player should man up, come out, admit his mistake and apologize. I wouldn't shed a tear if he were suspended for a game, because that is really bush league.

OK..

I'll admit it...

It was me..

Ekeler's and Pelini's brilliant gameplan was for me to break Chase Daniel's index finger before the game but he just would not take it out of his nose!

Studying game film led us all to believe that the best way to break his finger was to punch him in the nose, but even I thought it would be too obvious if his nose just mysteriously started bleeding. :box

Then when he finally did pull his finger out, there was nothing on it and I just couldn't watch idly by at his sad face so I offered him a fresh one of mine (airmailed).

Ekeler's original idea was just to peiss Chase off enough for him to get caught retaliating and get him thrown out of the game, but he seemed so appreciative..We became fast friends (BFF's).

I agree 100% with TrueMizzou. I spent 30 wonderful years in the Cornhusker State and still bleed HuskerRed every Saturday, but I am ashamed even to think that this might have happened.

Surely this will be investigated by Coach Pellini who I respect and admire. And if it is true, the young man will be discplined or thrown off the team to serve notice that this can never happen again.

Some of you are making light of this and saying, hey what's so bad, or blaming Missouri's QB for even mentioning it. If you really wonder why it's important, then you've never had anyone spit in your face. You don't know how degrading that is and how it makes feel. Try it some time. Have one of your best friends spit directly in your face and then maybe, just maybe you might understand. But then stop and realize that was a friend. Suppose it came from someone that hated and was disgusted by you. A little different then.

i was thinking about the situation last night and I would like to point out on thing to the MU fans that say "why would he(daniel) make that up? considering that he said we were the dirtiest team he'd played... I question how much of what he said was true. anyone who watched the game could see that it was not a real dirty game on either side. I'd say that comment by itself throws his credibility out the window.

In my opinion (of which that and fifty cents will buy you a coke) I think it all comes down to two things: sportsmanship, or the lack thereof, and the legacy of Nebraska fans. IF (and I think that's a BIG "IF") a Nebraska player actually spit on Chase Daniels, then prove it, Mr. Daniels, or simply sut up. Name the player and don't think that just because you don't that not doing so makes you a better sportsman. Bo and the Missouri coach allegedly discussed the incident over the phone and Bo, if memory serves me, stated the issue was being handled. My guess is that Chase Daniel got caught up in a lie and realized too late he had publicly stated something he realized he could not retract. I mean, he had all the microphones in his face (Which he cretainly seems to enjoy...another Terrel Owens type of persona. God save us!) and suddenly had his forum. He's a spoiled little boy caught in a big boy's world and he wants to enjoy these last, fleeting moments of noteriety before the lights fade and he's forced to scramble around some NFL backfield with someone like Warren Sapp or Grant Wistrom chasing his butt and preparing to welcome him to the NFL by pushing his brain six inches deep into the turf. But, for the sake of fairness, let's say a Nebraska player DID spit on Daniels. That then speaks more of the player than the fans. I've been to your stadium and I've witnessed Big Red fans cheering for the other team. If a current player spit on Chase Daniel, THAT Husker player was a Callahan-recruited player, not a Bo-recruited player. You are what you are and any player who wears the red of Nebraska certainly wouldn't have spit on an opposing player while Osborne or Solich were the head coaches. So, realize what you have on the team: a collection of players who suffered under Callahan but who MIGHT NOT reflect nor possess the sportsmanship qualities Nebraskans are accustomed too. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

In my opinion (of which that and fifty cents will buy you a coke) I think it all comes down to two things: sportsmanship, or the lack thereof, and the legacy of Nebraska fans. IF (and I think that's a BIG "IF") a Nebraska player actually spit on Chase Daniels, then prove it, Mr. Daniels, or simply sut up. Name the player and don't think that just because you don't that not doing so makes you a better sportsman. Bo and the Missouri coach allegedly discussed the incident over the phone and Bo, if memory serves me, stated the issue was being handled. My guess is that Chase Daniel got caught up in a lie and realized too late he had publicly stated something he realized he could not retract. I mean, he had all the microphones in his face (Which he cretainly seems to enjoy...another Terrel Owens type of persona. God save us!) and suddenly had his forum. He's a spoiled little boy caught in a big boy's world and he wants to enjoy these last, fleeting moments of noteriety before the lights fade and he's forced to scramble around some NFL backfield with someone like Warren Sapp or Grant Wistrom chasing his butt and preparing to welcome him to the NFL by pushing his brain six inches deep into the turf. But, for the sake of fairness, let's say a Nebraska player DID spit on Daniels. That then speaks more of the player than the fans. I've been to your stadium and I've witnessed Big Red fans cheering for the other team. If a current player spit on Chase Daniel, THAT Husker player was a Callahan-recruited player, not a Bo-recruited player. You are what you are and any player who wears the red of Nebraska certainly wouldn't have spit on an opposing player while Osborne or Solich were the head coaches. So, realize what you have on the team: a collection of players who suffered under Callahan but who MIGHT NOT reflect nor possess the sportsmanship qualities Nebraskans are accustomed too. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Richie Incognito?

I agree 100% with TrueMizzou. I spent 30 wonderful years in the Cornhusker State and still bleed HuskerRed every Saturday, but I am ashamed even to think that this might have happened.

Surely this will be investigated by Coach Pellini who I respect and admire. And if it is true, the young man will be discplined or thrown off the team to serve notice that this can never happen again.

Some of you are making light of this and saying, hey what's so bad, or blaming Missouri's QB for even mentioning it. If you really wonder why it's important, then you've never had anyone spit in your face. You don't know how degrading that is and how it makes feel. Try it some time. Have one of your best friends spit directly in your face and then maybe, just maybe you might understand. But then stop and realize that was a friend. Suppose it came from someone that hated and was disgusted by you. A little different then.

Is that a cultural thing?

I'd imagine in some cultures it might not be foreplay, but I'd be more grossed out by watching two guys french kiss on TV.

I tried, but I cannot remember a time when I was spit on ...other than the time my nephew tried to imitate Lou Holtz or when I spit into the wind while riding my bike, but really..I think it would depend on the circumstances on how bad it would be.

If you've just showered, are planning on spending some quality time with your best girl...Dressed up in a tuxedo or maybe just your favourite jammies, and some blowhard who hadn't brushed his teeth since the Carter Administration..That'd be mighty disgusting.

But once you put on your fightin' duds (Uniform), you expect to get blood n guts and grass stains and even snot bubbles all over your pretty self.

Now I'd (really really) prefer it was one of their guys that did the spittin', But I also think it's a bit extreme to give the sputterer anything more than an atomic wedgie for retribution.

If it would make you feel better, I give you permission to spit in my general direction or even wave your naughty parts at me...But I'm still pretty spry and I doubt you could land one on me. :box