Will this lead to division in the locker room?

Post game Ganz said he felt like he was always scrambling and that pass rushers were coming unblocked at times. Then Swift came out and said he felt like Ganz was always outside the pocket and couldn't get any rhythm. I don't think either of their comments were out of line in terms of calling out the OL, they were diplomatic about it, but it's easy to detect that under the surface there's some serious dissatisfaction among the offensive skill players regarding their O Line (and there should be).

Swift also harshly criticized players (not by name) who were responsible for stupid penalties.

Now there's this allegation that someone spit on Chase Daniel, which I guarantee a lot of the other Huskers are going to be upset about.

After such a humiliating loss, I think we're at a real fork in the road.

If these players lose confidence in each other, the rest of the season could get pretty ugly, circa 2007.

If team leaders like Ganz and Swift can use this as an opportunity to call out people for their mistakes and hold them to account, they could play better team football going forward.

On one hand, these are a lot of the same players as last year, which doesn't bode well. On the other, Bo is definitely more personally engaged with the players than Callahan was, so maybe he can steer this thing in a better direction.

Trust me, the O-line know they are not playing up to par and that Ganz nor Swift said anything that was controversial.

Bo will get to the bottom of this spitting allegation and if founded to be true, there will probably be an empty locker.

This may actually be the glue that bonds this staff and team.

Trust me, the O-line know they are not playing up to par and that Ganz nor Swift said anything that was controversial.

Bo will get to the bottom of this spitting allegation and if founded to be true, there will probably be an empty locker.

If anyone has every played the game of football, even at the HS level, believe me spitting is involved. So is punching in the pile, cheap shots to get the ball, nut grabbing etc.

Funny thing is Daniels goes on about this, Potter gets called for a late hit. The very next drive Ganz throws a TD, same late hit with trash talk form MU player and no late hit is called??

I'll call out Daniels on this one, use his quote about NU and throw it right back in his face, stating the spitting incident to the press is Bush League, what a f'ing pansy.

This year, as with any first year head coach. Is gonna put alot of strain and pressure on them. Bo and staff will be put to the test in every aspect of this game by not only the fan base but the players (attitudes/mentalities) and maybe even some fellow coaches. Players, coaches & fans all are suseptible in letting there emotions get the best of them. All I can say is Win or Lose, Im N! I support this team through snow, sleet, rain and yes even TAH!

I agree with the fork in the road but I do think that this year's team has better leadership.

Part of this is the coaching staff. Ganz and Swift calling people out will be supported and resolved by the staff, or by the unity council, or by the players themselves, and it could (should) bring about positive change.

After last night's performance players need to be holding each other accountable.

If anyone has every played the game of football, even at the HS level, believe me spitting is involved. So is punching in the pile, cheap shots to get the ball, nut grabbing etc.

Funny thing is Daniels goes on about this, Potter gets called for a late hit. The very next drive Ganz throws a TD, same late hit with trash talk form MU player and no late hit is called??

I'll call out Daniels on this one, use his quote about NU and throw it right back in his face, stating the spitting incident to the press is Bush League, what a f'ing pansy.

Your right, and I could care less about the spitting incident. I played center in HS and college and trust me the things that go on are crazy, but there is a little difference here. This happened or was alleged as a pre game incident right??

How can this lead to a division in the locker room....the way I see it, this is a team sport... Who is in the locker room that has done such a good job that they can point a finger across the room?

I don't think finger pointing needs to be involved. All it takes is the one idea to pop in your head to say. "Damit the freaking (Insert Position) needs to pull there heads out of there butts!" If enough people all think it, even if they don't state it, then that there is the start of a division. If I had some attitudes and divisions starting on my team I would put them on the field against eachother and let them hash it out until they both were completely exhausted. Then I would make them run sprints until they realized how pointless that was. But I've always been an advicate of tough love, minus serious bodly damage. :box

How can this lead to a division in the locker room....the way I see it, this is a team sport... Who is in the locker room that has done such a good job that they can point a finger across the room?

You're absolutely right. No one is in a position to be pointing fingers. But, it doesn't matter whether someone is "right" or "fair" in pointing fingers. That doesn't necessarily stop people from doing it.

After that game, the only locker room division should be between the guys who screwed up and the guys who didn't play. There is no third catagory. They'll learn, and the leadership will handle it.

:yeah I have never read or heard a statement like this that has been more true...I can't think of a single player that can stand up and say that they had a good game...or a coach for that matter. When it comes down to it...we all just really sucked.