I think I'm gonna' be sick...

still sticking to my january predictions--

Western Michigan Broncos Aug 30-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln WIN

San Jose State Spartans Sept 6-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln WIN

New Mexico State Aggies Sept 13-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln WIN

Virginia Tech Hokies Sept 27-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln LOSS too much talent

Missouri Tigers Oct 4-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln LOSS MU is looking good

Texas Tech Red Raiders Oct 11-TBA Jones AT&T Stadium / Lubbock LOSS road game

Iowa State Cyclones Oct 18-TBA Jack Trice Stadium / Ames WIN

Baylor Bears Oct 25-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln WIN

Oklahoma Sooners Nov 1-TBA Memorial Stadium / Norman LOSS it's OU

Kansas Jayhawks Nov 8-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln LOSS KU is good folks.

Kansas State Wildcats Nov 15-Bill Snyder Stadium / Manhattan WIN

Colorado Buffaloes Nov 28 or 29-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln LOSS CU is coming around, hawkins has something started there.

-- 6-6 lots of players back from a poor 5-7 team. first year HC, mostly new coaching staff.

7-5 is possible as well, the CU game is pretty much a toss-up in my mind, only giving Hawkins the edge because it's not HIS first season!

JMO

GO BO!!

Nice batch of predictions there. Although IA State could be a loss if they keep playing okay and we keep up with the penalties.

So were all going to right the Huskers off because they lost to two good teams?? ISU almost beat KU which if ISU would have been a second half team they would have won.. Damn we lost a couple games lets see how the season plays out these guys might surprise all of us and win some games people dont expect us to win.. I still have faith we can right this ship...

So were all going to right the Huskers off because they lost to two good teams?? ISU almost beat KU which if ISU would have been a second half team they would have won.. Damn we lost a couple games lets see how the season plays out these guys might surprise all of us and win some games people dont expect us to win.. I still have faith we can right this ship...

That's the other side of this coin...while I don't think there are any games (KSU?) that are gimmes...the only remaining game I KNOW we won't win is Oklahoma...

ALL of the others are winnable...IMO...doesn't mean we WILL win them...but I think we can...

I hope like hell that OU smokes Missery's a$$ in the Big XII Championship game if they get there. All of the sudden Missery is an all-conference championship team when they haven't won anything yet? History is the all telling sign of a program and two good years doesn't show me that this is a good program. We'll be back so enjoy your time in the spotlight while you can Missery. I'll guarantee when we do come back we are going to run the score even higher on Missery and a few others than we ever did before. No disrespect to our resident Missouri fans, but this is ridiculous.

I'm sorry, I thought this was the 'do we suck as much as Baylor thread', not the 'how many more games we gonna win thread'.

So no one can guarantee that we could beat Baylor 2morrow but almost everyone can 'guarantee' NE will be a great team again. :laughpound

The fact that we're having this conversation can't be a good thing.

BTW, death and taxes aren't certainties anymore, haven't you heard? :moreinteresting

If our offense would just commit to something when it is proven to be effective after 1 or 2 drives, I think we could beat Kansas. They are not that good. It will be interesting to see where we go from here.

Where we go from here will depend upon team psyche --- if TTech beats us by 5 touchdowns or more, we are in trouble the reat of the way out. If the fans abandon them, if the stands clear out, the papers malign them, the boards jackslap them, and they hear boos then things will be much worse than they would be otherwise. Thus, it is important to stand behind these kids.

It is true that NU is very talent challenged --- but not so much so as to be an absolute doormat that can't in any way compete. It is more a talent problem that is a exacerbated by a team psyche --- the losing has them really down and w/o confidence. They need to get their head in the game an pull out 3 more victories this season --- they can do it. But they will not if the psyche gets more damaged. This game with Tech is important --- depending upon how bad we get beat, we can be Ok or beaten into oblivion and sent back into the dark ages. Lets hope we keep this within 21 points or less. NU cannot afford a major blow-out. If that happens, then seeing three more wins this season will be really, really unlikely.

I hope like hell that OU smokes Missery's a$$ in the Big XII Championship game if they get there. All of the sudden Missery is an all-conference championship team when they haven't won anything yet? History is the all telling sign of a program and two good years doesn't show me that this is a good program. We'll be back so enjoy your time in the spotlight while you can Missery. I'll guarantee when we do come back we are going to run the score even higher on Missery and a few others than we ever did before. No disrespect to our resident Missouri fans, but this is ridiculous.

Re-read your own post and then look up the term "sportsmanship" and see how things line up.

Missouri is not our enemy. They are a neighboring state with fine people, fine fans, a very good University (just like NU) who happens to have a much better football program than us right now. Missouri did not run up the score against us. They held back --- they easily could have hit 70 pts on us. They showed some restraint. Thankfully --- I am not so sure that TTech will be so kind.

If ever NU gets to the point where they are superior to MU and can run it up on them I hope that they do not.

This notion that anyone who beats NU is evil is just wrong. Were we evil when we were beating everyone? When we used to pound the others were they somehow Ok but now they have degraded into bad guys just because their football program is currently superior to ours? Now that everyone is beating us, are all these other guys all of a sudden evil?

As for when Missouri plays Oklahoma --- I'll pull for Missouri, why not, their fans have never (I don't think anyway) had a championship before and OU has had tons --- so if it can't be us then why not Missouri or some other program that has not had the privilege of being on top before.

Amen to all your remarks Robsker. I agree Missouri has a fine team this year and played an excellent game against us. There is no doubt in my mind they could have added another 14 points against us and practically gave us our last 7 points. But unlike OU, they didn't want to run up the score by keeping their QB in their the entire game.

I haven't seen the "spitting incident" addressed. I hope to gawd it didn't happen, but I have to believe it did. Thete is no reason Chase Daniels would say such a thing if it didn't happen. He's an honorable young man and I hope Coach will investigate and the young man will admit what he did.

This is truly the worst thing that a player could do. Not only unsportsmanlike, but it puts the whole team and the state into a bad situation.

Re-read your own post and then look up the term "sportsmanship" and see how things line up.

Missouri is not our enemy. They are a neighboring state with fine people, fine fans, a very good University (just like NU) who happens to have a much better football program than us right now. Missouri did not run up the score against us. They held back --- they easily could have hit 70 pts on us. They showed some restraint. Thankfully --- I am not so sure that TTech will be so kind.

If ever NU gets to the point where they are superior to MU and can run it up on them I hope that they do not.

This notion that anyone who beats NU is evil is just wrong. Were we evil when we were beating everyone? When we used to pound the others were they somehow Ok but now they have degraded into bad guys just because their football program is currently superior to ours? Now that everyone is beating us, are all these other guys all of a sudden evil?

As for when Missouri plays Oklahoma --- I'll pull for Missouri, why not, their fans have never (I don't think anyway) had a championship before and OU has had tons --- so if it can't be us then why not Missouri or some other program that has not had the privilege of being on top before.

Well said, well said. I will disagree slightly with missouri having great fans, every fan I met on saturday was dead drunk and yelling prophanities at our red shirts. I'm sure they aren't all like that, but that was my first impression.

We will be back some day, and I hope we don't run the score up on people...except colorado....sorry, I just hate them...i know its hypocritical...but man.

I thought Bo Pelini was brought in to fix the mistakes and discipline these players.

I keep seeing the same mistakes and I see more discipline problems. What is this coaching staff doing? Seriously. I have never seen so many penalties before. And I hate it when I see Marlon Lucky jumping up getting in a Mizzou player's face after a two yard gain. I also saw Ganz do it after the TD to Swift.

This Nebraska team has NOTHING to talk about to ANY team. Until they can tackle and block - two of the most fundamental things in football - they shouldn't talk to ANYONE.

I thought Bo Pelini was brought in to fix the mistakes and discipline these players.

I keep seeing the same mistakes and I see more discipline problems. What is this coaching staff doing? Seriously. I have never seen so many penalties before. And I hate it when I see Marlon Lucky jumping up getting in a Mizzou player's face after a two yard gain. I also saw Ganz do it after the TD to Swift.

This Nebraska team has NOTHING to talk about to ANY team. Until they can tackle and block - two of the most fundamental things in football - they shouldn't talk to ANYONE.

In Marlon and Joe's defense...it soundz as if (and looked as if) the Mizzou players were talkin' a lot of smack themselves. My guess is that they (Joe and marlon) were simply sticking up for themselves. If not...than I agree...shame on them...

If our offense would just commit to something when it is proven to be effective after 1 or 2 drives, I think we could beat Kansas. They are not that good. It will be interesting to see where we go from here.

Where we go from here will depend upon team psyche --- if TTech beats us by 5 touchdowns or more, we are in trouble the reat of the way out. If the fans abandon them, if the stands clear out, the papers malign them, the boards jackslap them, and they hear boos then things will be much worse than they would be otherwise. Thus, it is important to stand behind these kids.

It is true that NU is very talent challenged --- but not so much so as to be an absolute doormat that can't in any way compete. It is more a talent problem that is a exacerbated by a team psyche --- the losing has them really down and w/o confidence. They need to get their head in the game an pull out 3 more victories this season --- they can do it. But they will not if the psyche gets more damaged. This game with Tech is important --- depending upon how bad we get beat, we can be Ok or beaten into oblivion and sent back into the dark ages. Lets hope we keep this within 21 points or less. NU cannot afford a major blow-out. If that happens, then seeing three more wins this season will be really, really unlikely.

I don't know if anyone else is getting sick and tired of hearing about all this talent challenged crap, but I know I sure am. Define talent challenged. Joel Wilks was a starting lineman in the NC days. This was before KState had really even come to their own. They didn't even want him according to his dad. The Mackovicka brothers were walk-ons meaning that big name schools must not have wanted them either. Jared Tomich was a friggin walk-on. Scott Shanle, another walk-on. During our 3 NC in 4 years run, we had a lot of players that were either walk-ons or were not heavily recruited by any other D1 schools. Even Brook Berringer though on scholly wasn't sought after by any D1 school for football, not even KU or KSU. TO and staff made a living taking unwanted players and molding them into something great. This is the problem with us today. Being talent deprived has absolutely zero, zilch, nada to do with it.

Amen to all your remarks Robsker. I agree Missouri has a fine team this year and played an excellent game against us. There is no doubt in my mind they could have added another 14 points against us and practically gave us our last 7 points. But unlike OU, they didn't want to run up the score by keeping their QB in their the entire game.

I haven't seen the "spitting incident" addressed. I hope to gawd it didn't happen, but I have to believe it did. Thete is no reason Chase Daniels would say such a thing if it didn't happen. He's an honorable young man and I hope Coach will investigate and the young man will admit what he did.

This is truly the worst thing that a player could do. Not only unsportsmanlike, but it puts the whole team and the state into a bad situation.

Amen again. I agree that Pinkel showed class by NOT running up the score. Chase Patton came in and ran running plays until 3rd down, then a short pass to the 1st down marker. Then third string QB Gabbert came in and ran ONLY running plays and on 4th down, we ran another and gave NU the ball on downs. To think Mizzou ran up the score is ridiculous. In all honesty, the NU defense ran up the score on themselves.

I don't know if anyone else is getting sick and tired of hearing about all this talent challenged crap, but I know I sure am. Define talent challenged. Joel Wilks was a starting lineman in the NC days. This was before KState had really even come to their own. They didn't even want him according to his dad. The Mackovicka brothers were walk-ons meaning that big name schools must not have wanted them either. Jared Tomich was a friggin walk-on. Scott Shanle, another walk-on. During our 3 NC in 4 years run, we had a lot of players that were either walk-ons or were not heavily recruited by any other D1 schools. Even Brook Berringer though on scholly wasn't sought after by any D1 school for football, not even KU or KSU. TO and staff made a living taking unwanted players and molding them into something great. This is the problem with us today. Being talent deprived has absolutely zero, zilch, nada to do with it.

To say that talent has nothing to do with the problems at NU is absurd. Beyond absurd. It has a great deal to do with it. In the callihan era so too did bad coaching. And poor conditioning. And then the cumulative weight of losing and losing bad in terms of a poor team psyche. All are contributors.

Drawing from the Osborne days as a reference is only of modest value. That was then and this is now. Osborne had athletes at a level that was above all but the top 10 or so programs at the time --- and performed better than the talent level with great --- beyond great conditioning -- and a great system that few could contend with (even those with better athletes). Also the Big 8 was a week in week out cake walk then compared to the Big 12 now.

Now, we have talent that is top 35 or so (perhaps top 40) and in our conference alone there are 5 teams, maybe 6 that are better. DOes that matter? Yes it does. It is not everything. We also still have modest conditioning. And the psyche of the players is quite damaged (and do not under-estimate the role of team psyche --- as an ex-coach I can assure you that team psyche plays a huge role).

But to assert that our talent deficit relative to the Missouri, TTech, Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, and maybe even Kansas and Colorado (these two may be comparible in talent to NU) --- to assert that this is neither real nor meaningful is crazy.