Solich Homecoming...

ugh.

Yea, I agree, we should have a Callahan/Pederson day in the near future to pay respect for all the greatness they bestowed on our program. I bet you would get behind that.

Yup, damn, you got me again! Man your good! :dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum :dumdum :dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum

giantguesswho.jpg

:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum :dumdum :dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum

ugh.

Yea, I agree, we should have a Callahan/Pederson day in the near future to pay respect for all the greatness they bestowed on our program. I bet you would get behind that.

Yup, damn, you got me again! Man your good! :dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum :dumdum :dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum

giantguesswho.jpg

:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum :dumdum :dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum

YOUR spelling is good, too. Very classy. I guess only board mods can make personal attacks.

ugh.

Yup, damn, you got me again! Man your good!

YOUR spelling is good, too. Very classy. I guess only board mods can make personal attacks.

Please, if you will, point out where I made a personal attack. Please.

Oh and for the record, a Solich "homecoming" would be awkward at best. C'mon. We're pushing a decade here folks.

There is no going back. I am not sure what purpose that would server OR if Solich would even consider it.

I do know that I am sure he'd get a large ovation at Memorial Stadium as folks forget for just one second that we don't SUCK right now.

Oh and for the record, a Solich "homecoming" would be awkward at best. C'mon. We're pushing a decade here folks.

There is no going back. I am not sure what purpose that would server OR if Solich would even consider it.

I do know that I am sure he'd get a large ovation at Memorial Stadium as folks forget for just one second that we don't SUCK right now.

Why do we bring back Will Shields? Why bring in Alex Gordon and Joba and Erstad? Why bring back Rozier? Why bring back Rimington or Grant?

Because we're Nebraska dammit! We love these guys. We honor these guys and we thank them giving us all they had every Saturday (or other days for the baseball kids).

Solich played here, coached here. In my mind, the purpose it serves is for the fans to say "thanks" and a PROPER "good-bye coach."

A local radio show had Frank on before the season and he said he would consider it but the topic hadn't (at that time) even been brought to him.

In my humble opinion I think it helps Frank too. In that same interview he said he couldn't even think about Nebraska and he would look away when Nebraska's score would roll at the bottom of the tv screen. I thought that sucked when he said that. Like a dagger through the Nebraska heart.

Are we thanking him for his W-L record? Nope. Are we thanking him for giving a good portion of his life to this program? Damn straight.

It's time coach. Come back and get the thanks and good-bye you were robbed of by SP.

honestly right now is not a good time to bring FS in.

You're right, as a player and as a long time assistant he deserves to be recognized.

If he was to be brought in during the "Struggeling" times, there would be alot of boo birds in the stands and as a former player an longtime assistant, he deserves better.

Why do we bring back Will Shields? Why bring in Alex Gordon and Joba and Erstad? Why bring back Rozier? Why bring back Rimington or Grant?

Yea, because that's the same thing. :sarcasm C'mon man. You really think that's a good idea now?

I dont care if he lost every game as HC..... the guy should be honored for his work as an assistant and a player. the guy is a true husker

:yeah:cheers:restore

I agree FULLY! Many many years of dedication, blood, sweat and tears. Nobody can take that from him. And I am not one that thought he was a good HC.

I guess i dont know what you would be wanting to accomplish from this. I dont think he should be given a proper farewell because hes longgone as our coach. But i do think that if he were to show up and get a standing ovation that would be worth something. Im sure with what bo has said about him, bo would have no problem inviteing him down to one of the games to watch. I think he deserves it. Its a different time and i honestly believe no matter what anyone on here says his fireing was unjust. But its done, its over and time to move on. Buy all means come on down Solich and be recognized for what you did do for this program. I think he deserves our apreciation for what he did for this team.

ugh.

Yup, damn, you got me again! Man your good!

Please, if you will, point out where I made a personal attack. Please.

Still waiting on this...

Because we're Nebraska dammit! We love these guys. We honor these guys and we thank them giving us all they had every Saturday (or other days for the baseball kids).

Solich played here, coached here. In my mind, the purpose it serves is for the fans to say "thanks" and a PROPER "good-bye coach."

A local radio show had Frank on before the season and he said he would consider it but the topic hadn't (at that time) even been brought to him.

In my humble opinion I think it helps Frank too. In that same interview he said he couldn't even think about Nebraska and he would look away when Nebraska's score would roll at the bottom of the tv screen. I thought that sucked when he said that. Like a dagger through the Nebraska heart.

Are we thanking him for his W-L record? Nope. Are we thanking him for giving a good portion of his life to this program? Damn straight.

It's time coach. Come back and get the thanks and good-bye you were robbed of by SP.

I agree. I will support a halftime show or pregame recognition for what he did for the Huskes as a player, assistant, and coach. You got to give it to Frank that when he fell 7-7 in 02' that he did everything he could to bring this program back and went 9-3 his last year. Alot of fans and not just Husker fans criticized Nebraska for firing a coach that went 9-3 by bringing in new assistants.

Solich is one MAIN reason why Callahan did so good his second and quite possible his third year as coach. You can't really count the first season under Callahan because of the new offensive system as well as assistants and Callahans poor play calling.

If Solich comes I'm all game for that :clap