Spitting Controversy has been put to rest

Tyger

[Pelini told the Lincoln Journal Star and Omaha World-Herald, "Usually you'd know about something like that.]

Cause usually others are around to witness it. I'm not calling Daniels a liar, or questioning his integrity, since I really can't say I know the guy, but wouldn't someone else have seen this?

Other guys did see it I think, it's just Daniel is the mouthpiece for the team.

This will be up on ESPN soon because an article was already on the front page about the spitting incident. Get ready for some more bashing.

I for one wish that this whole incident would just die. Pelni is up next on the Big 12 teleconference. I am sure he will comment on it.

During his segment on the teleconference Pinkel said the issue was over that he and Pelini had communitcated and it was time to move on. He refused to answer any additional questions about it.

It'll be,"We know who it is, it will be handled internally." That's what his comment will be.

Hopefully ESPN will move on after then. I really wish Daniel would just not have said anything.

This will be up on ESPN soon because an article was already on the front page about the spitting incident. Get ready for some more bashing.

I for one wish that this whole incident would just die. Pelni is up next on the Big 12 teleconference. I am sure he will comment on it.

During his segment on the teleconference Pinkel said the issue was over that he and Pelini had communitcated and it was time to move on. He refused to answer any additional questions about it.

It'll be,"We know who it is, it will be handled internally." That's what his comment will be.

Hopefully ESPN will move on after then. I really wish Daniel would just not have said anything.

Bo just said he addressed it with the team. It is a he said he said. Said the identity of the player was "gray". Its not a done deal moot issue, time to move on.

He just said they did an internal investigation and he addressed the team and it's over. Then he said he talked to Pinkel and,"it's a little gray." as far as who it was.

Did anyone save this aledged jersey with the spit on it. It might be key evidence in the spitting scandle. :o

And how do we know this isn't one of Chase Daniel's OWN boogers coming back for his revenge for getting flicked instead of eaten in (presumably) the 2006 game that they lost?

A rogue booger, if you will.

Did anyone save this aledged jersey with the spit on it. It might be key evidence in the spitting scandle. :o

And how do we know this isn't one of Chase Daniel's OWN boogers coming back for his revenge for getting flicked instead of eaten in (presumably) the 2006 game that they lost?

Because anybody can tell a booger from a loogie.

Ya, they taste way different.

PLEASE!

There are just some people who spit when they talk!

Like my MUTHA-INLAW!

Personally I'd like to see our whole team spit at the other team!

if in fact Suh (or any player for that matter) did spit on Daniel then he should be punished. That sort of behavior is intolerable.

However, i do find it interesting that Daniel said it happened in the pregame (no camera/video evidence).

Secondly, when would these two players have been close enough for Suh (or whoever) to spit on him?

Thirdly, its also interesting that they accused arguably our best defensive player of the crime.

Fourth, in my mind, if someone spits on another person and there are other people witnessing this, how does that not start some sort of altercation. I mean these two schools are bitter rivals, and this sort of thing would more than likely ignite some sort of dispute.

To me, there a just too many fishy things about this for me to believe it happened without hard evidence. I'm not saying that every NU player is an angel but I find this hard to believe.

Here's the link: http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=3918...;u_sid=10396039

The bolded stuff that I highlighted is what I find really strange. If I got spit on I probably would've TOLD one of my players and I would've told my coach. I still think this is a bullsh*t story from Chase.

12:10 p.m.: The spitting controversy is apparently over.

So says Nebraska coach Bo Pelini. Speaking today on the Big 12 coaches' teleconference, Pelini confirmed that Nebraska and Missouri officials talked about Chase Daniel's accusations that an NU player spit on him before Saturday's game.

"We investigated it and addressed the allegations," Pelini said. "At this point, it's a moot issue. It's over."

Pelini described the situation as "a lot of he said, he said," and added that neither coaching staff was aware of the incident at the time it occurred. Daniel made his comments during post-game interviews, describing the Huskers as a "dirty" team.

Pelini said he addressed the issue with the Huskers. As for who supposedly spit on the quarterback, the coach was unsure.

"It was a little bit gray," Pelini said.

if in fact Suh (or any player for that matter) did spit on Daniel then he should be punished. That sort of behavior is intolerable.

However, i do find it interesting that Daniel said it happened in the pregame (no camera/video evidence).

Secondly, when would these two players have been close enough for Suh (or whoever) to spit on him?

Thirdly, its also interesting that they accused arguably our best defensive player of the crime.

Fourth, in my mind, if someone spits on another person and there are other people witnessing this, how does that not start some sort of altercation. I mean these two schools are bitter rivals, and this sort of thing would more than likely ignite some sort of dispute.

To me, there a just too many fishy things about this for me to believe it happened without hard evidence. I'm not saying that every NU player is an angel but I find this hard to believe.

:clap You hit it right on the money. Thank god I'm not the only one to find this statement from Chase a little fishy.