How will Pelini react if Tech runs up the score?

Well, the crazy ass in me would like to see him chug a case of red bull and tear into his ass like a mongoose on meth.

The Husker in me wants him to remember it for a few years from now and be polite about it in the moment.

I'd like to see Bo cry on camera.

And maybe that will inspire the team for the hurt that they are inflicting on him.

Lets face it, they could be motivated like its a DO or DIE situation and get pumped up to win.

Use that internal will power to will themselves to win at all costs.

But in this day and age its hard to motivate the Xbox 360 athletes because its just not that important .

Lifeless zombies forever stumbling bumbling just so they can get off the field to play their video games back at the million dollar training facility.

Take some of their luxury living arangements away and crack the whip.

But lets NOT hurt their feelings or their self esteem will be damaged all their lives!

Okay, two comments. The first goes to OLDMAN...I hear what you're saying, my fellow Husker fan, but only partially agree with you. Yes, I agree in that "in this day and age its hard to motivate the Xbox 360 athletes" but I disagree that winning isn't that important. To a real athelete, winning is ALWAYS important and I believe, in my short time as a Husker fan (I married into the Husker family in 1996 and I know that's only a speck in time compared to some of you guys) that winning is STILL important to any Husker player. I cointinue to WANT to believe that, anyway. Win-loss records don't measure the importance of winning in a young man's heart, it only measures whether or not he performed better or worse on a given day than the opposing player. True, in the more recent past, particularly during the failed years of the Callahan period, it appeared as if the players were playing with less heart than the national championship teams of the '90s. But who could blame those players? They were recruited by and played for a man who was an automaton, a machine of a coach who knew or cared little about Husker tradition and who did NOTHING to become a true and integral part of the Nebraska tradition. But who, really, can ever match the intensity of those five national championship teams who absolutely ruled college football? I attended last year's K-State game and even though there was a scoring marathon going on in that game, it was still a matter of the Nebraska players (and the K-state players, for that matter) wanting to WIN. It's all about desire which cannot be confused with ability. But, please, Oldman, my words are not meant to criticize: They are intended only to suport a portion of your point.

Secondly is the running up the score issue that many Nebraska fans believe Mike Leach at Texas Tech possibly plans to do against NU. If he does, is it any different than when Nebraska ran up the score against it's former opponents? Now before everyone jumps up my southern regions about that comment, I only mean it in that I recall Coach Tom putting in the 2d, 3d and sometimes 4th stringers and those guys scored because they were still better than the opposing team's first team. But what was Coach Tom to do: Stop a player who was doing his best to move up to 1st string? Were the 2d, 3d, or 4th stringers supposed to drop flat, inches from the goal line? No, that's not reality. So, I think the running up the score issue works many ways, but Nebraska fans should, in my opinion (which if you add my opinion and fifty cents, you can buy a coke, that's the value of most people's opinions) recall that with parity now a major part of all college sports because of scholarship limits and so on, there are going to be schools who can not and will not forget the trouncing the former Nebraska teams placed on them. And when Nebraska comes to town, or when some other team comes into Memorial Stadium and the NU team is in it's rebuilding phase as it is now, then you can expect scoreboard payback from certain teams such as Missouri or Texas Tech, two teams Nebraska has traditionally beaten to bloody pulps. The true measure of a sportsman, however, is taking the defeat, regardless of the score, and building from that. As for Bo, well, if Texas Tech runs up the score, I think Bo will remember the man who hired him and he will, like Tom Osborne, represent Nebraska proud. Then next year, or the year after when NU football is back again as a player on the national scene, and is feared again, then Bo can do whatever he wants and it will be like old times when NU didn't dare to lose at home and when the other team wished the Husker plane had broken down and not be able to deliver them to Norman or Missouri, or wherever. Let TT run up the score: somewhere down the road, they too shall regret it.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

What exactly is running up the score??? You play the game to stop the offense and score on the other team.. If you cant stop the other teams you play then remove the football program all together. I am so sick of hearing babys cry about getting points scored on them Hell dont hate the other team be pissed at yours for giving it up.... And you wonder why players are soft if every one is crying about I hope they dont score 50 on us..

bunch of cry babies....

Well, the crazy ass in me would like to see him chug a case of red bull and tear into his ass like a mongoose on meth.

The Husker in me wants him to remember it for a few years from now and be polite about it in the moment.

I'd like to see Bo cry on camera.

And maybe that will inspire the team for the hurt that they are inflicting on him.

Lets face it, they could be motivated like its a DO or DIE situation and get pumped up to win.

Use that internal will power to will themselves to win at all costs.

But in this day and age its hard to motivate the Xbox 360 athletes because its just not that important .

Lifeless zombies forever stumbling bumbling just so they can get off the field to play their video games back at the million dollar training facility.

Take some of their luxury living arangements away and crack the whip.

But lets NOT hurt their feelings or their self esteem will be damaged all their lives!

you really are overestimating UNL's living facilities, aren't you.

What exactly is running up the score??? You play the game to stop the offense and score on the other team.. If you cant stop the other teams you play then remove the football program all together. I am so sick of hearing babys cry about getting points scored on them Hell dont hate the other team be pissed at yours for giving it up.... And you wonder why players are soft if every one is crying about I hope they dont score 50 on us..

bunch of cry babies....

:dunno maybe you haven't watched our defense???? :dunno

hoping they don't score 50 is a very legit concern.. and you act like the players and coaches give a sh#t about whats posted on here or any message board for that matter.