Spread Offense

The more I learn about this offense the more I am convinced that it is not only a perfect fit for Nebraska, but that we should have invented it! It is the next progression out of the option offense and would have been amazing for crouch and others. I am not really being critical here, but just kind of living in an alternate universe...

now that the spread is so prolific, I am not sure we should go to it, I am just saying that it seems like an offense that would have naturally fit us coming out of the Osborne years.

Either way, nice work today guys... we are only going to get better from here.

The more I learn about this offense the more I am convinced that it is not only a perfect fit for Nebraska, but that we should have invented it! It is the next progression out of the option offense and would have been amazing for crouch and others. I am not really being critical here, but just kind of living in an alternate universe...

now that the spread is so prolific, I am not sure we should go to it, I am just saying that it seems like an offense that would have naturally fit us coming out of the Osborne years.

:wtf

Huskers did run some spread in Osbornes final few seasons. They option out of it a good bit.

I like "our" offense. I'm not exactly sure what it is bit there seems to be a little west coast, a little spread, now if we could mix some I in there it would be great. When Bo has his full scale of recruits here we will be multiple, it is just going to take 3-4 years. We will have answers for any of our opponents offensive or defensive schemes. GBR!!!!!

dedhoarse

It's been bantered here for years. Why do you think Solich brought in Joe Dailey? Dailey wasn't an option QB by any means. Of course, he wasn't a drop back passer either. He was brought in to run the spread. We were heading in that direction as Solich brought Cotton in for OC and Dailey in to run it. There are various wrinkles in the spread. I don't favor Mizzou's spread much. However, I wouldn't mind seeing the spread WV ran last year.

dedhoarse

It's been bantered here for years. Why do you think Solich brought in Joe Dailey? Dailey wasn't an option QB by any means. Of course, he wasn't a drop back passer either. He was brought in to run the spread. We were heading in that direction as Solich brought Cotton in for OC and Dailey in to run it. There are various wrinkles in the spread. I don't favor Mizzou's spread much. However, I wouldn't mind seeing the spread WV ran last year.

Then watch a Michigan game. Although it does lose something with slow, confused, white guys running it. <_<

dedhoarse

Then watch a Michigan game. Although it does lose something with slow, confused, white guys running it. <_<

Totally. If we can get some Pat Whites, Steve Slatons, Tim Tebows, Percy Harvins, and Noel Devines in here than by all means run that spread offense. However, if it's going to be like Okie State where they fling it toward the sidelines and let people sprint after missed tackles, then phooey I say. Okie State runs that offense very well, but it's not very fun to watch for me. They mix in some runs but it's still kind of ho hum.

Run it between the tackles and hit some people in the mouth!!