Chances For a Big XII North title...

Ok so what if people want to believe we can win the rest of our games, I think we can and for those of you that want to sit at your computer an be negative and bring everyone else down that believe in us.. Whats the damn point of us even going to OU next weekend if you some of you think were just going to lose are a$$!!! This is why we play the games, cause ya never know what will happen.. Relax an lets see how things play out an stop being so negative...

Ok so what if people want to believe we can win the rest of our games, I think we can and for those of you that want to sit at your computer an be negative and bring everyone else down that believe in us.. Whats the damn point of us even going to OU next weekend if you some of you think were just going to lose are a$$!!! This is why we play the games, cause ya never know what will happen.. Relax an lets see how things play out an stop being so negative...

I think it is fine, and everybody in SHOULD think we can win the rest of our games. I at least know Bo will be coaching to win those games, and I sure as hell hope the players are playing to win those games. But, then, if we do win out -- who really cares about a Big 12 North Championship? If we would get it, great. But if we wouldn't, would that diminish in one little way what this team would have done. I don't just say no, I say HELL NO!!! Let's just cheer for the team, hope that they win, and let the rest happen as it happens.

This team may not go undefeated the rest of the season, however this is NOT the same team that we have seen the last four years. This team will play hard which gives them a chance to win any game they play in. I think we have all gotten used to "hoping" for a win but knowing the reality that we would probably get killed. I think we can stop feeling that way and start being a little more optimistic about our chances.

This team may not go undefeated the rest of the season, however this is NOT the same team that we have seen the last four years. This team will play hard which gives them a chance to win any game they play in. I think we have all gotten used to "hoping" for a win but knowing the reality that we would probably get killed. I think we can stop feeling that way and start being a little more optimistic about our chances.

:yeah:yeah

I know that there's a difference between reality and negativity, but my reality is that I think the Huskers can do well the rest of the season and hopefully run the table. "If thinking the Huskers can win every game is wrong than I don't wanna be right!" By the way grape kool-aid is my favorite and I drink it every chance I get.

This was the Unsportsmanlike Conduct Message Board posting of the day! :)

See the Missouri game. Could have been a lot worse than it was. But we beat a 2-5 Iowa State and we are ready to roll.

If some one thinks we are going to lose to Oklahoma, you are negative Give me one postitive that would indicate we will beat them. One ounce of real proof that it is likely... Other than you hope pray feel wish and dream of it happening. Those are not what you bet the house on.

We need to try and win one. We are 0-20 against top 20 teams. Try that again 0-20. But now the we have put that jugurnaut of Iowa State down we will win out. Just think about what you are saying, you actually have to laugh if you do.

You can skip through the Husker flower patch looking at all that is lovely and singing the praises of a fantastic victory if you please. I am all for you. But don't tell me because I do not see the evidence of victory that I am negative, senseible maybe, but not negative.

See the Missouri game. Could have been a lot worse than it was. But we beat a 2-5 Iowa State and we are ready to roll.

If some one thinks we are going to lose to Oklahoma, you are negative Give me one postitive that would indicate we will beat them. One ounce of real proof that it is likely... Other than you hope pray feel wish and dream of it happening. Those are not what you bet the house on.

We need to try and win one. We are 0-20 against top 20 teams. Try that again 0-20. But now the we have put that jugurnaut of Iowa State down we will win out. Just think about what you are saying, you actually have to laugh if you do.

You can skip through the Husker flower patch looking at all that is lovely and singing the praises of a fantastic victory if you please. I am all for you. But don't tell me because I do not see the evidence of victory that I am negative, senseible maybe, but not negative.

Your like that dorky kid in the corner at partys that ruins all the fun for everyone by lectureing them about the worlds problems.. Ok that was a bad example but I couldnt think of any other way to word it, but I hope you get my point..Who the hell cares if we actually have a chance or not?? Why not let the fans enjoy this win an what the future might bring, cause we all know times like this havent been around for sometime, but for you to start trying to bring everyone down is being negative.. I understand what you are trying to do and that is bring another side to the table with what people are saying and I respect that, but chill out an let what little chance we may have wait till next week.. To me it just seems like your attitude is we should just stay home and forfit... There is and will always be a chance we win... ALWAYS!!

I think it is possible, reading threw todays press conferance quotes. The team is finally buying into Bo's plan and they all feel they can win the North now. They are playing better, practicing harder, and haveing less mistakes. They had alot less penalties in the Iowa game. I know it may be a long shot, but I believe we can pull it off and have 100% faith in the Bo and the Huskers. They know where they need to improve and are working hard to get to wear they need to be. I can't wait to see how we do the 2nd half of the season. I know we have some tough games ahead but the only one I see as a consern is OU but after a win agaist Baylor this weekend I feel there confidence will be there to maybe pull an upset, but even with that loss and finish this half of the season at 5-1 could win us the North and get us to the Big XII Championship.

The main problem is that you and your ilk are all about wins and losses. Nothing is important but those. I am about seeing the team develop, grow, learn and achieve. I have stated many times this year I do not care about wins and losses. I want a team the plays every single down, never quits and gives 110%. Shock, I have seen that every single game this year. This is a winning season no matter the wins or losses. But if for some reason we do not get the percieved win that we seem to think come magically we start to complain about the players, the staff, the reffs and anthing else that comes to mind.

How many posts were there about firing Cotton and Watson after the Missouri game? This is what wild sunshine pumping does. Realizing that we are not that talented, not that smart, not that strong, not that athletic makes seeing the limits that are there. No one says they can not beat Oklahoma. I hope for it, but if you said, Would you bet your house on it? 1000.00 on it, posting on the board for a month on it, I would not.

It is easy to say all the right things, say the things we want to hear. It takes guts to say what most do not want to hear and stand by that conviction. Because it hurts to know where we are, where we have been and how far we have to go to get back. No magic wands fix this problem we have. All the wishing hoping dreaming praying some of you do will not either. It takes time and hard work, some very good recruiting and the fans backing the program. There were a lot of people on here after the Missouri game that did not support this coach or that coach. That my friend is not supporting your head coach, no matter how you look at it. This program does not need that type of attitude.

Maybe being in my 60's gives me a different view. But I have always been pretty close to what has happened. I have never picked against Nebraska when they won. That is pretty amazing in itself. I have found over the years if I felt they were going to lose, they did. They have lost some I thought they would win too, but overall never in my life have I been wrong on a loss I predicted. Texas Tech this year got real close, so there is always a chance. I said 7-5 last January and I still see it that way.

this is NOT the same team that we have seen the last four years.

true-- didn't the huskers win the north and play in a bowl two years ago?? 2006 I think?? ;)

Seriously did ISU get good and I missed it?

sure did!!

#95 or so.

the clones have achieved creampuff status, got beaten by three touchdowns and you'd think the huskers just beat USC.

:dumdum

i have 2nd guessed both Watson and Cotton several times and i think we are finally beginning to see them, as coaches, begin to understand what the kids can and can't do......honestly, Pelini has been the most candid and honest about the team and their play, along with the coaching and play calling, unfortunately Cotton and Watson took a little more time to come around and admit to the deficit in play and production that was especially evident in the early part of the season.

having said that, the team and the coaching, play calling seems to have improved.......the direction will hopefully remain that way.

94 I think that is my point. This year we need to watch and see what we have. This staff and these kids have a tough road to hoe. Making unrealistic goals for them is not good on anyone.

Just support the team as best you can. If you can sing the winner song every day more power to you. If you can't there is nothing wrong with that. But getting down on the team for what ever reason is wrong. These kids have shown tremedous effort, dedication and loyalty to a coach they barely know. That is one thing that I would have bet against early on. But he has moved them from where they were to where they need to be. This is the base for the future, you start slow and gradual, hope for the stars, but be happy the base is building. I can wait 5 years to see what some predicted this year. As long as I continue to see what has been happening.

I am anything but negative about this team.

this is NOT the same team that we have seen the last four years.

true-- didn't the huskers win the north and play in a bowl two years ago?? 2006 I think?? ;)

Of course they did but I'm not sure the Big 12 was what it is today. I guess it's wrong of me to believe that we can win each week no matter who we are playing. I guess that is what makes me a fan. All I'm trying to say is that the attitude this year is much different and that counts for a lot. If you want Billy C back to take us to that one Big 12 champ. game in a very less than mediocre north be my guest.