Baylor

holvy83

Not a lot of talk about the BU game, I guess everyone is pretty confident, as am I! I just hope none of these guys are to the point where they are looking ahead to OU. I hope on Saturday we remind Baylor who we are and give them a good beat down. If we get ahead lets go for the knockout. :box

In no way is this a gimme game and anyone who thinks so is drinking too much :koolaid2:

Agreed...in no way should we assume this game is already decided. Just some stats comparing ISU as an opponent for both teams.

SCORE: BU 38 - ISU 10 / NU 35 - ISU 7

RUSHING: BU 147 - ISU 81 / NU 220 - ISU 105

PASSING: BU 288 - ISU 176 / NU 328 - ISU 113

TOTAL: BU 435 - ISU 257 / NU 548 - ISU 218

1ST DOWNS: BU 27 - ISU 16 / NU 29 - ISU 11

The numbers show that this realistically is a match up of fairly even teams. Granted Baylor played at home and NU was on the road...and Baylor is on the road to Lincoln. Baylor may still be a doormat, but it is a doormat you can trip on.

I agree that we can win this game and win it big, but not if we overlook it. But Bo will not let the team do this. Baylor is a good team at times and others not so much. But as long as we prepare for it we will walk away with the win. I'm also thinking the team is wanting to come back home and give the fans a good show and show us they have improved over the last couple weeks. So I expect a good game, can't wait till Saturday. Go Big Red, beat the Bears!!

I agree that we can win this game and win it big, but not if we overlook it. But Bo will not let the team do this. Baylor is a good team at times and others not so much. But as long as we prepare for it we will walk away with the win. I'm also thinking the team is wanting to come back home and give the fans a good show and show us they have improved over the last couple weeks. So I expect a good game, can't wait till Saturday. Go Big Red, beat the Bears!!

This game is going to be closer than many think. Robert Griffin is a better athlete than Tyord Taylor, and he was made to look like Michael Vick against the defense. It will take another real solid effort to win this game, Baylor is capable of winning this game.

How's Bobert going to score if he's not on the field? Eat up the clock, keep our defense fresh, and Nebraska wins this game.

Exactly, and that requires superb execution on offense for the game plan to work. This Baylor team stomped ISU just the same as NU did.

In no way is this a gimme game and anyone who thinks so is drinking too much :koolaid2:

I definitely don't drink the kool-aid, but I DO think the baylor game is a gimme.

:woo

Not so fast, my friend. I've seen both teams up close and as far as the conference schedule goes, this is the 2nd most winnable game for Baylor next to aggy. BU has a shot and if NU comes out flat, they'll hit you in the mouth. Don't forget that Baylor only gave up a TD to ISU in cleanup duty. I was there. The legit score of that game was 38-3. They're no slouch. With that said, I think NU pulls out a close one, 31-27.

This is definitely NOT a gimme. BU has improved a lot. Griffin isnt turning the ball over. He's executing. And when a QB is playing good, not turning the ball over, and executing with high efficiency, you know well the Huskers back 7 will have a tough challenge. Plus he is fast, quick, and elusive. I'd like to see a good 14-21 point win but I'm not convinced. It'll be close throughout the entire game.

This game is going to be closer than many think. Robert Griffin is a better athlete than Tyord Taylor, and he was made to look like Michael Vick against the defense. It will take another real solid effort to win this game, Baylor is capable of winning this game.

I agree with Griffin being a better athlete, but we are also playing better ball then the VT game.