Are we still losing players????

Do you live out-of-state? The last player to leave was Teamer I think and that was because of personal reasons (grades, family etc). That was at least 3 weeks to a month ago.

Players leave programs for one reason or another...

DaveH Posted on Mar 21 2005, 08:14 AM

Do you live out-of-state? The last player to leave was Teamer I think and that was because of personal reasons (grades, family etc). That was at least 3 weeks to a month ago.

You instate guys probably don't realize it, but us out of state guys don't have near as many channels for info. like you do. Chances are that we are hearing the bulk of the negative things coming out and none of the positive like you do, which is why its nice to hear things from instate fans, gives you a better perspective about whats going on, thats one of the main reasons i come here. There just isn't much info. about what's going on with us out of state guys.

You instate guys probably don't realize it, but us out of state guys don't have near as many channels for info. like you do. Chances are that we are hearing the bulk of the negative things coming out and none of the positive like you do, which is why its nice to hear things from instate fans, gives you a better perspective about whats going on, thats one of the main reasons i come here. There just isn't much info. about what's going on with us out of state guys.

That's cool. That's what this messageboard is for, in part. msmiley1.gif

I know there are some links posted in one or more "Husker News" threads in this forum about player departure. I would suggest tryin out the search feature to find specific info like that. It works pretty good. Let any one of the mod know or just post in the Feedback forum if you need some help locating any specific stuff that had been posted :horns2

Don't be surprised to see two to three more leave during or after spring ball. I say that not because I have any kind of inside information - I don't - but based on what experience I had. At Arkansas, when Lou Holtz took over, we lost probably 10 players that first spring due to the "Batan Death March" drills. That season, we had a pretty good record, but still lost some players who were upset with loss of playing time.

At the second spring practice, we lost three more, as I recall. They were malcontents from the previous year who stuck it out to see if they would "get a better deal" from the staff the next year. When they saw the handwritting on the wall - that they weren't suited to the scheme Holtz ran - they transferred. One during spring ball, the other two during the summer.

This happens under almost every coaching change, from what I've seen.

Yeah, I live way out of state. I'm from a Venice, Louisiana. It's the last living outpost near the mouth of the Mississippi River in the southeast corner of the state.

Until I found out about HuskerBoard, the only way I'll hear or see anything about NU is by watching ESPN or looking in newspapers and sports mags.

With this site and NSAA.com, I've been getting everything I've always wanted to know about Nebraska.... and I'd only just found them like a month ago. It's about time I did, I was getting tired of hearing my older brother rant and rave about his Fighting Irish all the time. He could always find new info on them...that bastard. He's been saying NU was dead since Solich fired the staff and didn't replace them with the right people....rejoicing even. All I could do was watch the games when they're televised and read the results in the paper.