oklahoma

I could be wrong but I took the comment as a sign of respect for the sooners. He will always be remembered by the hillbilly remark until he defeats the big red of the south. To name a physical drill after our greatest rival is not only showing respect to their program (not fear, respect), but I believe he is trying to tell our kids when we start being a dominate and physical team like that we can change the name to the HUSKER (just a guess on my part). Give them something to think about each day they leave practice knowing they have stepped one step closer to the unbelievable feeling of CHAMPION.

I was not a big fan of the way things turned out with Frank, but my support for the team no matter how we turn out this year or any year will never waver.

That said, My support is not blind. I do not and will not respect pedey until he makes ammends by having that sh#t eating used car salesmans grin surgically removed from his face. I do not expect him to appologise because he made a decision, I would like to see him address the Fans, players and coaches and say "look, right wrong or indifferent the decision I made is done. I as the head of the athletic department of the greatest school in the nation felt a move had to be made. Was it right or wrong? each of us will have our own opinions on that. Do I regret the turmoil that the decision brought upon the HUSKER NATION? YES. Would I do things maybe a little bit different in the future? Maybe, each situation is different but as all of you are my witness I will be a little more aware that the HUSKER NATION is bigger than any of us or our personal goals or egos and make sure that the HUSKER NATION will never be embarassed by what was percieved as some under hand dealing ever again on my watch. Now lets unite and support these young men as they start the next century of NEBRASKA FOOTBALL ,GO BIG RED."

I give cally a couple of more years to get things rolling with not only the players he recruits but with the players we had before and teaches them and brings us back to glory. The days of having a streak like T.O. had are more than likely gone I believe. The recruiting restrictions are makeing the college game a lot closer then anyone could have thought.

I see cally making a move in the next couple of years to a position of HUSKER lore if he can pull this off and bring us back to our rightfull position as one of the elite teams in the country. :horns2

After a long winter, I always feel more optimistic and excited. I hope the players, coaches and fans realize that they/we have a chance to be the first team to start another great run. We can no longer live in the past, do not forget it-dust it off and remember the past glory when needed, but then refocus on the very bright and open future that we as THE HUSKER NATION have.

There will be bumps in the road and the champions of the future are the ones that get back up and try again and again. :box

Lets do our part and if you are able to, get a ticket to the spring game and let the new and old players know that they have the best fans anywhere/any sport, and sell this game out and set the new record for a spring game. :horns2 I am there and I will not be wearing green. It is spring football time and before we know it we will be starting what we will call the begining of the end to the people that thought that a wounded HUSKER is not FULL OF FIGHT. The PROUD HUSKER NATION begins their come back tomorrow, let the fear :(:o:( begin to rise in our division, conference and the entire ncaa football world. Watch over your shoulder because the STEAM ROLLER has begun to move forward!!!!!!!!!!

GOOOOOOOOOO BIIIIIIIIIIIIIG REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED GO BIG RED

GO HUSKERS

Out of respect? Are you stupid or what. HE was being sarcastic, didn't you hear the reporters laughing. You can think something all you want but you can't say it. It was removed from huskers.com after just alittle while, I guess pederson didn't think it was appropriate. I have a feeling his comments won't be getting any better over the years. AFter the stupid players in america, to f'in hillbillies to this. What an ass.

Out of respect?  Are you stupid or what.  HE was being sarcastic, didn't you hear the reporters laughing.  You can think something all you want but you can't say it.  It was removed from huskers.com after just alittle while, I guess pederson didn't think it was appropriate.  I have a feeling his comments won't be getting any better over the years.  AFter the stupid players in america, to f'in hillbillies to this.  What an ass.

Not sure how many times we have to say this for it to sink it -- personal attacks are not allowed, which includes name calling, i.e. "stupid".

Grow up.

How stupid is Bill for making a-hole comments about Oklahoma. He needs to keep his mouth shut until he shows something. No need to piss them off and lose by 70 like ttech.

That has got to be one of the most cowardly statements I have ever read. Not piss them off? Maybe he wants to motivate his players to kick OU's ass. Sure sounds like one heck of a goal to me. If you think OU will pound us now because they are pissed then you are weak. Put on your Bobcats hat and grab your Solich bobblehead doll and cower into the fetal position.

How stupid is Bill for making a-hole comments about Oklahoma.  He needs to keep his mouth shut until he shows something.  No need to piss them off and lose by 70 like ttech.
Put on your Bobcats hat and grab your Solich bobblehead doll and cower into the fetal position.

That is hilarious DJ, could not have said it better if I tried a thousand times.

Bernard is schestev from BHF board. He drags up garbage like this all the time. It is his life to rag on Pederson and BC. Sorry state but that is what he does on a lot of boards.

Here's the Oklahoma reference:

During his first year at Wisconsin in 2002, Lewis had participated in a grueling task universally referred to as the “Oklahoma Drill.” For the non-football player, this drill pits two players against each other in extreme-combat mode. First, they are instructed to lie on the ground (in pads and helmet), approximately 8 to 10 feet apart. After a whistle, the players must rise quickly and begin hitting each other in an untamed, seemingly soulless manner. The drill’s intended purpose: to achingly instill into a player the desire to always be relentless during physical play – essentially pounding “through the next whistle.”

Now, as a Badger, Lewis had always performed respectably in this drill for then-defensive coordinator Kevin Cosgrove (now at Nebraska). But on this day two years ago, Cosgrove was repeatedly dismayed with Lewis’ work ethic.

During his first year at Wisconsin in 2002, Lewis had participated in a grueling task universally referred to as the “Oklahoma Drill.” For the non-football player, this drill pits two players against each other in extreme-combat mode. First, they are instructed to lie on the ground (in pads and helmet), approximately 8 to 10 feet apart. After a whistle, the players must rise quickly and begin hitting each other in an untamed, seemingly soulless manner. The drill’s intended purpose: to achingly instill into a player the desire to always be relentless during physical play – essentially pounding “through the next whistle.”

Now, as a Badger, Lewis had always performed respectably in this drill for then-defensive coordinator Kevin Cosgrove (now at Nebraska). But on this day two years ago, Cosgrove was repeatedly dismayed with Lewis’ work ethic.

Ah, so it is an actual drill that teams do then. Sounds like fun :). I had never heard of it before and I am sure some in this thread didn't either...

Ah, so it is an actual drill that teams do then. Sounds like fun :). I had never heard of it before and I am sure some in this thread didn't either...

Never heard of it before??? :wtf

Geez, we did that in high school, but we didnt call it Oklahoma Drill.

I should have been more specific. I have heard of doing that kind of drill, but like you never heard of calling it the Oklahoma Drill. I wonder how it got it's name?

I should have been more specific. I have heard of doing that kind of drill, but like you never heard of calling it the Oklahoma Drill. I wonder how it got it's name?

I couldnt tell you that, I think we called it something like "hell drill" or something stupid.

In high school, we ran a similar drill - the two "selected" players were encircled by the rest of the team. We called it the Circle Drill.

In college, we called it the Circle Jerk - that was the players' name for it. Can't recall what the coaches called it.

Ah, the memories. Well, the memories I would have but for the headaches that continue all these years later...