My experience in Norman

I had a great time in Norman yesterday, reguardless of the outcome. OU some of the classiest fans in the nation! Not once did I get harrassed, a few poked fun, but they were cool guys. I talked to a lot of fans to get their perspective, and they told me they know Pelini is the right guy, they told me to hang in there because they had to go through Blake and Schnellinburger (sp?) before they got good again.

I got to sit next to this girl, who was a husker fan and she was DRUUUUUNK!!! She made for some good company, even though she was completely wasted. Had she not looked terrible (or, had I been the one drinking), it could've been a good night ;) hah. However, she did start to get a little mouthy once we scored our second td in the 2nd quarter...I then proceeded to cover her mouth.. <_<

In the fourth quarter everyone started to clear out, so I went to get a better seat..I got to watch the ENTIRE fourth quarter from the 50 yard line from about 10 rows up. When there was about 3 mins left in the game I went down by the husker bench and stood there the rest of the time...I got some great pictures. I actually got a shot of a white board that a play was drew up on.

After the game was over, my buddy and I were leaving the stadium and they were showing the Tx-TT game on all of the TVs...I almost felt like an OU fan cheering for Tech with them. I met this really cool guy, who approached me and told me that he really respects Nebraska, and if he isnt rooting for OU he's rooting for Nebraska. He was a class act, after the Tx-TT game ended, I congradulated him on the win tonight, and wished him luck the rest of the year. Great guy.

As for the game itself.....well when the stadium exploded after Joey tossed a pick six, I knew the game was pretty much out of contention....but then we go and gift wrap two more turnovers on the following drives...lousy first quarter, lousy first 5 minutes of the game.

Our secondary...well what the hell are these guys doing on scholarship?? I knew that they were mediocre, but after this game...mediocre doesnt even describe them. They were getting torched EVERY play! Theres no excuse for getting beat that bad! Enough said.

One bright spot of the night was Roy Helu. I almost punched a lady in the face, because I jumped up cheering after he hurdled that defender! He ripped of 157 yard! If he is not the primary back the rest of the season, Im going on a hunger strike! :angry:

I had a great time in Norman yesterday, reguardless of the outcome. OU some of the classiest fans in the nation! Not once did I get harrassed, a few poked fun, but they were cool guys. I talked to a lot of fans to get their perspective, and they told me they know Pelini is the right guy, they told me to hang in there because they had to go through Blake and Schnellinburger (sp?) before they got good again.

I got to sit next to this girl, who was a husker fan and she was DRUUUUUNK!!! She made for some good company, even though she was completely wasted. Had she not looked terrible (or, had I been the one drinking), it could've been a good night ;) hah. However, she did start to get a little mouthy once we scored our second td in the 2nd quarter...I then proceeded to cover her mouth.. <_<

In the fourth quarter everyone started to clear out, so I went to get a better seat..I got to watch the ENTIRE fourth quarter from the 50 yard line from about 10 rows up. When there was about 3 mins left in the game I went down by the husker bench and stood there the rest of the time...I got some great pictures. I actually got a shot of a white board that a play was drew up on.

After the game was over, my buddy and I were leaving the stadium and they were showing the Tx-TT game on all of the TVs...I almost felt like an OU fan cheering for Tech with them. I met this really cool guy, who approached me and told me that he really respects Nebraska, and if he isnt rooting for OU he's rooting for Nebraska. He was a class act, after the Tx-TT game ended, I congradulated him on the win tonight, and wished him luck the rest of the year. Great guy.

As for the game itself.....well when the stadium exploded after Joey tossed a pick six, I knew the game was pretty much out of contention....but then we go and gift wrap two more turnovers on the following drives...lousy first quarter, lousy first 5 minutes of the game.

Our secondary...well what the hell are these guys doing on scholarship?? I knew that they were mediocre, but after this game...mediocre doesnt even describe them. They were getting torched EVERY play! Theres no excuse for getting beat that bad! Enough said.

One bright spot of the night was Roy Helu. I almost punched a lady in the face, because I jumped up cheering after he hurdled that defender! He ripped of 157 yard! If he is not the primary back the rest of the season, Im going on a hunger strike! :angry:

Good stuff, but just one problem. If the girl is really drunk and you want to shut her up, this is the wrong technique. PM me for details! :thumbs

I had to work Saturday and Sunday but got to watch most of the game. Had one customer tell me Saturday morning "Good Luck!" The same customer came back Sunday morning and without a word from me, he said "You guys will be back!" We started talking about our season and how we mirror what OU went thru in the 90's. Really nice guy. Had a great time talking to him. A lot of OU fans, normal ribbing aside, are real good fans.