what I dont understand

Yes we had some idiot fans that acted like fools when cally was here. they whined and cried because they didnt like how the solich situation was handled or just didnt like him..... whatever the reason. But why do some insist on putting that same type of stupid pressure on Bo..... no matter how loose the association is between the two. Anytime there has been anything that could be considered remotely similar to what happened to the old coach and people on this board have made a post about it. it seems like we have had at least one a week... maybe more. It doesn't make sense to me. I'm not saying Bo is immune to criticism, but I would plead with people to please take the whole situation into context before they just blurt out whatever runs through their minds.

I think the main concern is the level of criticism dished out. Callahan was hated by many from the beginning through no fault of his own(and he didn't do much to win people over in his first year). Pelini has some glaring problems staring at him, and many question whether or not he is addressing them, let alone correcting them. I agree, that the situations are not entirely the same, but Pelini gets a pass from people that had no patience for Callahan. It's hypocrisy, and it bugs many that observed it happen.

I am extending the same support for Pelini that I did for Callahan(if many will remember, I wasn't too happy for Pelini to come back). I think Pelini needs to be given some time to shift the culture here, build some depth, then see where we are at. Sideline rants and things of the such are less of an issue when the team is 8-1 rather than 5-4. If the Huskers were tearing up the Big 12, we wouldn't be talking about this. But then again, if Callahan had ripped through the Big 12 his first year, he would have won many critics over as well.

I'm in it for the long haul and if after 5-6 years, the Huskers are still flopping around the bottom of the barrell of the Big 12 like a dying fish, then maybe Pelini needs to go then. Until then, he deserves some slack and our support.

It's easy. You had Solich apologists, and now you have Clownahan apologists. There just aren't nearly as many Clownahan apologists. No matter how you slice it, Clownahan inherited a top 20 team and turned it to $hit. Pelini inherited a nonbowl bound 5 win team with one of the worst defenses in D1. Big nose dive first year under Clownahan. We're going bowling more than likely under Pelini. If only TO would have been named AD after $Byrne left, we wouldn't be having these discussions.

It's easy. You had Solich apologists, and now you have Clownahan apologists. There just aren't nearly as many Clownahan apologists. No matter how you slice it, Clownahan inherited a top 20 team and turned it to $hit. Pelini inherited a nonbowl bound 5 win team with one of the worst defenses in D1. Big nose dive first year under Clownahan. We're going bowling more than likely under Pelini. If only TO would have been named AD after $Byrne left, we wouldn't be having these discussions.

Yep, Frank the Tank would still be coach if TO became AD then.

This is how I see it. Most top programs have had their coaches in place for a while. I still think it would have been interesting to see what Solich with his staff from 2003 would have been able to accomplish in the next few years. You just don't mess with success. After Solich would have retired, the reigns more than likely would have been handed over to Gill. We should have pulled a Missouri and just kept it in the family. We may very well have never had to go through the misery I like to call the Clownahan era.

I can live with that.

In hindsight, yeah, not as bad as it is now and where we have been. But who knows how that would have worked out? Byrne wanted to hire Stoops or Mack Brown too, who knows how that could have turned out. Playing the 'what if' game is fun. :wasted

It's really not a what if at all. 2002 sucked. Solich made changes. We ended up a top 20 team in 2003. No what if to it.

Yeah there is, because things changed and what you are saying never happened, thus making it a "what if". That's the definition of "what if". There is no certainty in anything, maybe higher percentage choices, but nothing is certain. My what if precedes your what if. If Byrne was allowed to hire who he wanted, Solich never gets the chance to coach, doesn't fail, doesn't attempt to right the ship, doesn't get axed by Pederson. :dumdum I got one for ya, what if Devaney appointed Kiffin instead of Osborne? Like I said, the 'what if' game is fun.

Seriously, in hindsight, everyone is a genius. Debating upon that if something didn't happen 5 years ago, that with certainty, nothing bad would have happened afterward, is ridiculous. You're entitled to your opinion and have every right to believe that, so go for it.

You should all sit in my section. I have this OLD F$#%^&* HAGG that was ridiculous the whole time Callahan was here. Now, when they show Bo during the tunnel walk on the Big Screen and everyone yells she does to, but during the game she'll sit there and just scream and yell at him if something isn't going right. And she's a huge bitch to begin with, you know, part of the down in front crew. She's hideous to look at and worse to listen to. I wish shooting people in the face was legal.