Big Target Visiting This Weekend

Scout now lists and rivals has a teaser, 2 BIG time DL recruits visiting this weekend:

4 :star DT

Terrence Stephens

(Quince Orchard HS)

Gaithersburg, MD

4 :star DE

Jason Ankrah

(Quince Orchard HS)

Gaithersburg, MD

FYI Stephens is committed to Stanford and Ankrah favors Penn State.

Favoring is not committing, so I say get after Ankrah hard! Also, Stanford is Stanford, great education but football not so much. Nebraska, great football and damn good education. Big thing to watch here is that alot of rumors around about Harbaugh being next coach in Oakland(big mistake in my opinion, but Harbaugh says he LOVES Al Davis). So if Harbaugh leaves, I'd say that commitment isn't very solid.

Only 2 people in the world love Al Davis now, one of them being Al Davis.

two big time dlineman is excatly what this recruiting class needs..a team can never have too many good dlineman....plus this would give us more depth for the future...Maybe in a couple of years we will have enough quality dlineman to be able to sub more during the game...thus have fresher lineman :restore:restore:thumbs

I agree. You can never, ever have enough of them. The D-line position alone is what separates the elite teams from all the others. With Tech the exception and I still can't call them an elite team, but they have a pretty good d-line.

Just take a look at LSUs/USCs d-lines and you will understand what I mean. I would think we would be recruiting Louisiana harder for D-lineman since they grow them on trees down there and Bo is from there.

Scout now lists and rivals has a teaser, 2 BIG time DL recruits visiting this weekend:

4 :star DT

Terrence Stephens

(Quince Orchard HS)

Gaithersburg, MD

4 :star DE

Jason Ankrah

(Quince Orchard HS)

Gaithersburg, MD

FYI Stephens is committed to Stanford and Ankrah favors Penn State.

Favoring is not committing, so I say get after Ankrah hard! Also, Stanford is Stanford, great education but football not so much. Nebraska, great football and damn good education. Big thing to watch here is that alot of rumors around about Harbaugh being next coach in Oakland(big mistake in my opinion, but Harbaugh says he LOVES Al Davis). So if Harbaugh leaves, I'd say that commitment isn't very solid.

Only 2 people in the world love Al Davis now, one of them being Al Davis.

I love what Al Davis does every year for the Raiders. :w00t

an FYI on Stephens,

scout tried to interview him following the visit to NU, and he said thanks for the effort for the interview, but didnt want to.

i think that he was along for the ride with Jason only

Some high school coaches "make" their players take at least 3 visits (maybe all 5). Could be he was just filling his quota. Oh well, hopefully it will help with recruiting Ankrah and maybe Nebraska picks up some guys from that school in future years.

an FYI on Stephens,

scout tried to interview him following the visit to NU, and he said thanks for the effort for the interview, but didnt want to.

Some high school coaches "make" their players take at least 3 visits (maybe all 5). Could be he was just filling his quota. Oh well, hopefully it will help with recruiting Ankrah and maybe Nebraska picks up some guys from that school in future years.

OTOH posts in his topic sound much better:

now co-leaders with Stanford and that he may not get into Stanford in the first place

he is now a soft commit per rivals.

an FYI on Stephens,

OTOH posts in his topic sound much better:

now co-leaders with Stanford and that he may not get into Stanford in the first place

he is now a soft commit per rivals.

Soft commit to Whom?