Nebraska borrowed Suh's TD play from Texas

blkskrts

Ganz is not old enough to remember Refrigerator Perry, the defensive tackle the Chicago Bears used on the goaline to play runningback. The horns are just the ones who decided to pull the play out of their bag of tricks for O'who.

Wouldn't almost every single play we run have come from somewhere else? I find it hard to believe we "invented" anything with as long as the WCO has been around and with as long as football has been around. There's only so many different ways to score or try and stop someone from scoring with 11 players on each side and the set of rules we have.

The only we thing we have in the fumblerooski but that illegal now..darn

I vaguely remember something about Osborne seeing that first in a high school game, but I could be wrong.

The "bouncearooskie" may have been his.

There was also the fake punt where the up back hid it between his legs, and while everyone was running all over the place, another back would grab it and run. That may have been TO's also.

There are probably some subtle variations of options or traps that Osborne came up with, that no fan really noticed was different, but are just as important. Just not flashy.

I found this intersting heres the link

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/big12/0-4-105/B...from-Texas.html

And the Bears copied the ideal from Bill Walsh and the 49ers. The 49ers however used a offensive lineman instead of a defensive tackle. Mike Ditka used it because the 49ers used it on them the yr before they used it. It started as a reltaliation play vs 49ers but it worked so well it became a goal line weapon.