New name for Smack forum

We were thinking it may be a good idea to change the name of the smack forum, b/c we don't want to encourage people to only use it to smack "someone".

Please vote in the poll to help us pick the new name, or leave other suggestions below.

Personally I would rather there was no such section. There are plenty of sites you can go to that that is their main objective. Not a needed area as far as I am concerned. Your board, but I know BHF did away with theirs due to it boiling over into other forums. We do not need Jim Rome clones on here as far as I am concerned.

Thanks for your opinion skersfan. We've considered that, but it seems the members who have requested the password have been overwhelmingly in favor of keeping a section for rants, and the others won't have to worry about being exposed b/c its quarantined in that forum. But I see your point and we will be watching closely for the "boil over effect", and won't hesitate to pull the plug if it seems to have adverse effects on the board as a whole.

I find a lot of humor in the forum. Doesn't matter what it's called, I think the important thing is that there is somewhere for people to go and get things off their chest if they feel they need to. It's better than having people banned and posts deleted, hopefully the garbage will make it's way to this forum instead of the more popular ones.

I see and understand both view points, while you would want HuskerBoard to be above all that, it is good to have a place that people can go and get a little more heated. :thumbs

If its here, good, if its gone, it wouldnt kill me.

It wouldn't kill you because they let YOU post what ever you want to

Just my thought!!!!!!!!!!

I see and understand both view points, while you would want HuskerBoard to be above all that, it is good to have a place that people can go and get a little more heated. :thumbs

Well your thought is incorrect. We have recently moved a number of FF's posts and I also gave him an ultimatum to clean it up or begin posting everything in the Smack forum, or risk being banned -- and I think most everyone would agree he has obliged.

Well your thought is incorrect. We have recently moved a number of FF's posts and I also gave him an ultimatum to clean it up or begin posting everything in the Smack forum, or risk being banned -- and I think most everyone would agree he has obliged.

I concur :cheers

• 3 weeks later...