An Amazing statistic

Amazing statistic shows Ganz's value to Nebraska

Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Griffin

A discussion I had earlier today with learned scribe Steve Sipple of the Lincoln Journal-Star showed me something I didn't realize.

For all of the talk about the great crop of quarterbacks in the Big 12, the top 20 current leaders in the NCAA's career passing-efficiency statistics are a real eye-opener.

Oklahoma's Sam Bradford is first, largely owing to his mind-boggling ratio of 74 touchdown passes to 14 career interceptions. Florida's Tim Tebow is second.

And third is Nebraska's Joe Ganz, who I believe might be the nation's most underrated player.

If he was playing in another conference, Ganz would be a solid choice for all-conference quarterback. For example, his statistics are better than the numbers that Zac Taylor posted when he was the Big 12's Offensive Player of the Year and led the Cornhuskers to the 2006 title game.

Zac Robinson of Oklahoma State is fourth on the career pass-efficiency list among current players, Colt McCoy of Texas is fifth, Graham Harrell of Texas Tech is sixth and Missouri's Chase Daniel is ninth.

That means the Big 12 has five of the six current career passing leaders, six of the top nine and seven of the top 14 when Kansas' Todd Reesing (14th on the list) is included.

Has any conference ever had such a strong collection of quarterbacks at one time?

I don't think so.

Link

Look, how many times do I have to say this? GANZ for president 2012! I think this 70's sideburn wearing pigskin flickin' playmaker is the most under rated AND for several years (THANK YOU 'coach' Callicouldn't, dork!) UNDER USED key player for our team. I just think of what COULD HAVE been with this kid at the helm and it makes me throw up a little in my mouth... Nothing against Sam Keller but Joe's ability to adjust under fire is so much more prolific (NICE that we didn't get to SEE THAT until the END of last year and this year...).

GANZ / SWIFT 2012!!!

Losing the Ganzinator will really hurt the 2009 huskers. :(

no doubt it will hurt but i don't think to badly. Pat witt has been solid from what i have seen and Zach Lee has had both coaching staff's rave about his ablities. plus you can't count out last years signee spano who is a nice dual threat qb and Cody Green could be in the mix next year as well