QB battle

I don't think that we can afford to switch him over to another position due to the fact that we have no other quarterbacks with any experience. IF we want to redshirt Beck, then I think it would be good to keep Dailey at quarterback and hopefully we can get him into a few games for a few meaningful snaps.

Sounds like davis is about ready to beat out dailey. Would be suprised not to see dailey and adams leave. Also, beck won't redshirt, he'll be starting by midseason as I don't think taylor is to good either.

Put down the pipe, it's fogging you up. Just kidding, but why in the hell would JD stay? He isn't equipped to run this kind of offense, and he was pretty much caught in the middle of a bad situation. He has a redshirt year left I believe, so why wouldn't he transfer to a school that runs the kind of offense he is equipped to run?

I don't know how you can call him a quitter in this situation. The rug was pulled out from underneath of him when Solich was fired and BC was hired. A whole new scheme was implemented, and he just isn't equipped to run the WCO. It would be like TO going to the Pittsburgh Steelers and implementing the option and asking Rothlesburger to run the option. Some athletes just can't run certain schemes.

In the situation JD is faced with, I'd transfer. Would I be a quitter? I don't think so. I compare the situation to Scott Frost and Stanford. Walsh recruited him, and then Walsh quit. Was Frost a quitter for leaving Stanford and coming to Nebraska?

Didn't Frost leave the same year Walsh did? If Dailey would of left after 03 then I wouldn't think anything of it. The way some people around here think Berringer should of left since he couldn't beat out Frazier.

Frost left because Stanford wanted him to play safety and he wanted to play QB.

wow......a lot of folks have big time asspirations for Beck and that is good.......but common guys, how many true freshman qbs have started and played really well after several games into the season? over the years, precious few have pulled it off.....hell, very few players at any other position, much less qb, have gotten the call and gotten the job done.....let the kid learn the system and develop, he will be much better if he is given the chance to adjust, rather than "baptism under fire"

if bc is smart he well bring him along slowly and make sure he is ready when called......IMHO

hunter

wow......a lot of folks have big time asspirations for Beck and that is good.......but common guys, how many true freshman qbs have started and played really well after several games into the season? over the years, precious few have pulled it off.....hell, very few players at any other position, much less qb, have gotten the call and gotten the job done.....let the kid learn the system and develop, he will be much better if he is given the chance to adjust, rather than "baptism under fire"

if bc is smart he well bring him along slowly and make sure he is ready when called......IMHO

hunter

Well said... I agree

Red shirting puts him with the scout squad, which will do absolutely nothing for him. I do not feel he starts by any means, but I do feel he will play in games and may take some meaningful snaps. Scout team does him no good and he wont be here for the 5th year anyway, very seldom happens if the kid really has talent. Use him when you have him and let him learn along with Taylor. They will be the two that play in my opinion.

Red shirting puts him with the scout squad, which will do absolutely nothing for him. I do not feel he starts by any means, but I do feel he will play in games and may take some meaningful snaps. Scout team does him no good and he wont be here for the 5th year anyway, very seldom happens if the kid really has talent. Use him when you have him and let him learn along with Taylor. They will be the two that play in my opinion.

Couldn't he practice, suit up, not play and still redshirt? You don't have to put him on the scout team. Leinart, Crouch and I believe White all redshirted and they did alright.IMO