things to worry about against cu..

shagg

on paper it looks like we'll beat cu but the one thing that worries me is nu's inability to put their opponent away until late in the game...you look at the baylor, iowa st., kansas, and kansas st. games and it seems like we have the opportunity to put the game away early but we just kept letting teams hang around

Personally, I'm more worried about their laser pointers.. <_<

..lol...i remember back in the 90's when nu was playing cu in boulder....the nu kicker was getting pelted with snow balls as he was trying to kick the field goal....somehow the laser thing doesn't surprise me at all

i see where you could be a little worried about letting teams hang with us but 14 of the 28 points laid on us in the KSU game where due to accidents, the baylor game where they hung around till the half was due to our guy's coming out slow. Pelini went into the half of that game and got them ready to play for the second half. Iowa state from what i understand we dominated so in this upcoming game if we play smart stick to our hard nosed running game and stingy D we should win. but on the flip side if we come out stupid we will be in for a dog fight.........

i see where you could be a little worried about letting teams hang with us but 14 of the 28 points laid on us in the KSU game where due to accidents, the baylor game where they hung around till the half was due to our guy's coming out slow. Pelini went into the half of that game and got them ready to play for the second half. Iowa state from what i understand we dominated so in this upcoming game if we play smart stick to our hard nosed running game and stingy D we should win. but on the flip side if we come out stupid we will be in for a dog fight.........

that's the thing...in all of those games that i mention, nu moved the ball up and down the field on them but failed to put the game away early...they were always a fumble or a penalty or a dropped pass away from blowing the game wide open...nu would move the ball against cu..no doubt , but it's the mistakes that i worry would keep cu hanging around...