Favorite Husker running back?

Who's your favorite husker running back?  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I picked Ahman because of not only what he did at Nebraska but what he is also doing in the NFL. Probably, the best athlete on the board was Phillips. However, he's a meathead and has ruined all of his potential.

I have to ask though, why didn't you put Johnny Rogers up on the board? For a lot of the older NU fans, he was the greatest. He may have been the most electrifying player ever to wear the red and white.

Yeah, Johnny Rogers. He was a few levels above his peers and it showed. He had gotten the back-to-back heismans right? Man was an absolute beast. Besides him, Craig would be my only other choice. He could hurt you anywhere on the field, maybe even from the bench.

I picked Ahman because of not only what he did at Nebraska but what he is also doing in the NFL.  Probably, the best athlete on the board was Phillips.  However, he's a meathead and has ruined all of his potential. 

I have to ask though, why didn't you put Johnny Rogers up on the board?  For a lot of the older NU fans, he was the greatest.  He may have been the most electrifying player ever to wear the red and white.

Yeah, Johnny Rogers. He was a few levels above his peers and it showed. He had gotten the back-to-back heismans right? Man was an absolute beast. Besides him, Craig would be my only other choice. He could hurt you anywhere on the field, maybe even from the bench.

Johnny Rodgers didn't win back to back Heisman's and he wasn't a running back. Perhaps that's why he isn't on this poll. HE WAS A WINGBACK :blink:

I admit it, i voted for Phillips, just loved watching that guy when he had the ball, he was absolute garbage off the field though. Also a big fan of Corey Schlesinger(sp?) really though he was kind of an X factor in the option game, he seemed to come up with some impressive runs when given the chance, excellent classic fullback is what im getting at i guess.

I admit it, i voted for Phillips, just loved watching that guy when he had the ball, he was absolute garbage off the field though. Also a big fan of Corey Schlesinger(sp?) really though he was kind of an X factor in the option game, he seemed to come up with some impressive runs when given the chance, excellent classic fullback is what im getting at i guess.

Okay, lets say LP wasn't troubled. Would he or should he recieve more votes than he has now?

Okay, lets say LP wasn't troubled. Would he or should he recieve more votes than he has now?

I'd say without a doubt. In '95 he was the runaway Heisman pick after 2 games and there was no real reason that would have changed if he wasn't a dumbass.

Johnny was not a running back in TO's offense, although I do believe he played one game as an IBack. His position was WingBack I think. More of a wide reciever/running back in the offense.

Johnny Rodgers played I-Back against Notre Dame in the 1973 Orange Bowl game which I believe NU won 40-7. That was Devaney's and Rodgers' last game. Rodgers had somewhere between 80-90 yards rushing. If I recall he ran for two or three touchdowns. I know for sure he threw a TD bomb to Frosty Anderson, and also caught a short pass for a long TD play. To this day I still consider him the greatest playmaking threat we ever had. Although one could certainly present an argument for Fryer since he had a much more successful NFL career.

I agree with DJ. If he wasn't such a loser I think he would be considered the best Husker back ever, especially if he would have stayed for his senior season. And he would have been better in the NFL than Ahman.

The guy did have a horrible upbringing. Moved from home to home.

Being an old timer and having seen all of these guys play, I kind of surprised my self by picking Cory Ross. But comparing what he played with last year and the rest and their teams, he was hands down the best. I doubt if any would have done a better job than he did last year and would not have carried the whole team on their backs with a turf toe. He truly was amazing last year, on what is considered our worst team for as long as I can remember. He did a fantastic job.

Being an old timer and having seen all of these guys play, I kind of surprised my self by picking Cory Ross. But comparing what he played with last year and the rest and their teams, he was hands down the best. I doubt if any would have done a better job than he did last year and would not have carried the whole team on their backs with a turf toe. He truly was amazing last year, on what is considered our worst team for as long as I can remember. He did a fantastic job.

Agreed, Ross was the man last year. He will be the man this year too. GO PORKCHOP!!!!!