To everybody who predicted us to go 6-6

Apathy

You don't KNOW BO. :lol:

I'm glad that this team went 8-4 and it's a big slap in your guys faces. I predicted 9-3 because well it would've been nice but I'm still happy that we are 8-4. I'm really stoked for where this football program is and where they are heading.

My fiance and I were at the Colorado game (Section 15 Row 87 Seat 19 and 20) and it was the best football game I've seen in Memorial Stadium. It shows great character in our football players to come back when down 14-0 within the first 4 minutes of the game and to beat an alright Colorado team. It doesn't matter how good Colorado is, they usually play us hard everytime. I've never seen our crowd so into a game after we booted that 57 yd field goal. It was amazing watching the crowd jump up and down.

GATOR BOWL HERE WE COME.........................

Yeah, I was waiting to see how the players and Bo would react to being down 14-0 that fast. It showed a lot of character with them coming back to get ahead, as it showed me a lot of character from the CU side when they didn't quit after we did take the lead. It was a good game for Nebraska, but even in losing, I think it was a good game for CU. Anyone that saw that game, and bothered to watch the post game when the coaches and players met on the field could see that this was a "different than usual" meeting for NU and CU, they actually showed a little respect for each other after the game. That was really nice to see. I know it changed my attitude towards CU's team...but I am not ready to let down my guard on the fans in Colorado at this point...especially the students. I hope that will change with the change of attitudes of the team and coaching staff of CU.

I originally predicted 9-3 but said a 10-2 was very plausable much to the delight of the curmudgeons on the forum that seemed to have a heyday with that prediction. TTech and Vtech were both very close and winnable games but we fell apart on our miscommunication so the real question is, what will our record be next year, and will a win in the gator bowl allow us to start the season in the top 25?

I originally predicted 9-3 but said a 10-2 was very plausable much to the delight of the curmudgeons on the forum that seemed to have a heyday with that prediction. TTech and Vtech were both very close and winnable games but we fell apart on our miscommunication so the real question is, what will our record be next year, and will a win in the gator bowl allow us to start the season in the top 25?

I think that we should be in the top 25 after this win against Colorado. I'll probably make my next year prediction either right after the Bowl game or after our Spring Game.

I'm pretty cautious with the predictions for next season. As of January 2, we don't have a known quarterback anymore. Joe Ganz is by far our most consistent offensive threat. Not just because of his wild numbers, but because of his team leadership and his management of the game. I think we're going to sorely miss him.

That being said, however, I'm expecting great things out of our defense next year. I think that this year leaves us with much to build on. We'll have some 'veteran' players of Pelini's system to help along the new guys. The culture is settling in. If we pull a win out in Jacksonville, I see no reason why we aren't in the running for the north next year.

I'm pretty cautious with the predictions for next season. As of January 2, we don't have a known quarterback anymore. Joe Ganz is by far our most consistent offensive threat. Not just because of his wild numbers, but because of his team leadership and his management of the game. I think we're going to sorely miss him.

That being said, however, I'm expecting great things out of our defense next year. I think that this year leaves us with much to build on. We'll have some 'veteran' players of Pelini's system to help along the new guys. The culture is settling in. If we pull a win out in Jacksonville, I see no reason why we aren't in the running for the north next year.

I'm right there with you. Yes, we'll be better and deeper on Defense, but have some question marks on offense. The thing that scares me is our schedule. At V-Tech, at KU, at MU, at CU, at Baylor, sure we get OU at TTech at home, but those aren't gimmies. We may take a step back from 8-4, but be better.

I'm right there with you. Yes, we'll be better and deeper on Defense, but have some question marks on offense. The thing that scares me is our schedule. At V-Tech, at KU, at MU, at CU, at Baylor, sure we get OU at TTech at home, but those aren't gimmies. We may take a step back from 8-4, but be better.

We may start beating a few ranked teams... :horns2

We may start beating a few ranked teams... :horns2

:clap Good (but unproven) athletes at qb, Lucky gone but Helu returning, better play in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Hopefully we will see vastly improved secondary play. And a coaching staff that will hit their stride at the beginning of the season. I see reason for nothing but optimism. If we are competitive in EVERY game I don't see 4 losses.

We need an animated emoticon of Mark May EATING A ----.

I can't stand Mark May and I can't believe you just wrote the D word on this message board :o...........:lol:

Could live just fine w/o Mark May.

Hey, looks like Trev has scored a gig with CBS!

I think that we should be in the top 25 after this win against Colorado. I'll probably make my next year prediction either right after the Bowl game or after our Spring Game.

Nope. Tied at #32 on the AP poll with powerhouses Rice and Connec, Connette, Conneticu, UConn

Too early to tell about next year...we have a lot of questions that have to be answered. I do however like where the attitude has gone with this team, and believe that it will continue into next season. I also see the juniors and seniors stepping up and beginning to look like leaders rather than church mice. The big question is at QB...we get that one answered, then we will have a better idea of where this team is going. I hope that we have someone standout in Spring, and that we don't go into fall practice with who the QB is up in the air.

We need an animated emoticon of Mark May EATING A ----.

I can't stand Mark May and I can't believe you just wrote the D word on this message board :o...........:lol:

:clap :clap

Famous Dicks

:clap:clap

Dick Nixon

Dick Tracy

Dick Cheney

Dead Eye Dick

Dick Clark

Dick and Jane

Dick York

Dirty Dick

Dick Sargent