Gator Bowl invitation may come tonight!

I am soooooooooooo freakin sick of the "we don't have any talent" argument.

I've never been big into the talent excuse myself. We do have talent, and there is no denying that. However if you look across the board at every position, FSU's speed could run circles around us. This is really why the spread offense came into being to neutralize the speed of the D. In all reality, Nebraska has Big 10 speed. Florida State has USC speed. We could beat them because I think they're poorly coached. However, their crazy fast speed could make things extremely difficult for us.

Wrong on so many counts... I live in Florida an have watched quite a few F$U games. FSU doesn't have a tremendous speed advantage. That's another myth I'd love to die, the "southern speed" crap. Do you think Wake Forest, Boston College and Georgia Tech out "speeded" F$U???

I am soooooooooooo freakin sick of the "we don't have any talent" argument.

I've never been big into the talent excuse myself. We do have talent, and there is no denying that. However if you look across the board at every position, FSU's speed could run circles around us. This is really why the spread offense came into being to neutralize the speed of the D. In all reality, Nebraska has Big 10 speed. Florida State has USC speed. We could beat them because I think they're poorly coached. However, their crazy fast speed could make things extremely difficult for us.

Wrong on so many counts... I live in Florida an have watched quite a few F$U games. FSU doesn't have a tremendous speed advantage. That's another myth I'd love to die, the "southern speed" crap. Do you think Wake Forest, Boston College and Georgia Tech out "speeded" F$U???

BINGO!!!!

"Southern speed" myth? Is that why 24 of the top 150 high school players reside in Florida? Is that why 6 of the top 50 high school teams play in Florida? Since 1988, the state of Florida has produced 92 first round draft picks. Yeah, they have speed and talent down there. It's not a myth at all.

I prefer to call it Southern population

"Southern speed" myth? Is that why 24 of the top 150 high school players reside in Florida? Is that why 6 of the top 50 high school teams play in Florida? Since 1988, the state of Florida has produced 92 first round draft picks. Yeah, they have speed and talent down there. It's not a myth at all.

I prefer to call it Southern population

Exactly.

To lay to bed the talent and speed thing hopefully, Florida State over the past 3 years has recruited and signed 14 top 150 players with the majority of them coming from the state of Florida. Nebraska in the same time span has recruited and signed just 2 top 150 players. Just because FSU doesn't know how to use them doesn't mean they don't have a lot of talent and speed at their disposal. OU only has recruited and signed just 1 more top 150 players than FSU has. Alabama has signed 3 less top 150 players than FSU. FSU has the talent and speed to run with the top 2 teams in the country. Unfortunately, they don't have the coaching to even play with Bama or OU.