Bo temper?

Some folks still kinda hangin' on to that 'issue', but it suuuurrrrre looked to me Like BO gained some 'insight' on TV coverage. Oh, I think he's still fire and brimstone, but sometimes (in our WUNNERFUL world of P.C. baloney-ism) it's not HOW you fight the battle, but how you LOOK fighting the battle. He's learning to turn AWAY from the camera during his vein popping, teeth gnashing, "I'm gonna eat a live baby" modes. He's still a young, fired up coach and a 'call it as you see it' kinda man, which is PERFECT for this and the upcoming teams. You watch, he'll get it under control better and better... NO-ONE pulled off -STOIC- like Tom Osborn. No-one...

60 years ago nobody would have known what Bo looked like/said on the sideline other than the players. It's annoying what kind of things get stirred up in the course of the football season.

Anyways, he is a rookie at head coaching and we all need to remember this. He will learn, with time, to control is temper and outbursts for the camera on game day. Nobody can be like T.O. as far as mannerisms go, but Bo as the same attitude and desires towards football that T.O. has/had. I think Bo as the potential to eventually be a great among all the great Nebraska coaches.

Some folks still kinda hangin' on to that 'issue', but it suuuurrrrre looked to me Like BO gained some 'insight' on TV coverage. Oh, I think he's still fire and brimstone, but sometimes (in our WUNNERFUL world of P.C. baloney-ism) it's not HOW you fight the battle, but how you LOOK fighting the battle. He's learning to turn AWAY from the camera during his vein popping, teeth gnashing, "I'm gonna eat a live baby" modes. He's still a young, fired up coach and a 'call it as you see it' kinda man, which is PERFECT for this and the upcoming teams. You watch, he'll get it under control better and better... NO-ONE pulled off -STOIC- like Tom Osborn. No-one...

You also have to look at his past two bosses: Stoops and Miles, both of whom were very animated on the sidelines. Bo will be Bo. I think the last few weeks he has done a good job of not blowing up, but we have been winning so...

I don't understand why people want Bo to change from his tempermental attitude. He has always been fired up. We brought him in here knowing that and I'm sure that attitude was a factor in why he was brought here to begin with. As long as he keeps those personal foul calls to a dull roar, I could care less how he expresses himself as long as he does the best he can. Period.

Motivate the players, what more could you ask from a coach in our position right now?

I don't understand why people want Bo to change from his tempermental attitude. He has always been fired up. We brought him in here knowing that and I'm sure that attitude was a factor in why he was brought here to begin with. As long as he keeps those personal foul calls to a dull roar, I could care less how he expresses himself as long as he does the best he can. Period.

Motivate the players, what more could you ask from a coach in our position right now?

:yeah Some of the people around here remind me of a girlfriend turned wife who is always out to "change" her significant other. Leave it alone.....he is who we thought he was! Sheesh.

:yeah Some of the people around here remind me of a girlfriend turned wife who is always out to "change" her significant other. Leave it alone.....he is who we thought he was! Sheesh.

:clap I like his fire. I'm sure he will mellow somewhat as the years go by - or at least express himself differently - After CU's second TD he yelled at whoever happened to be standing next to him : "Where the f*&%ck were the corners?" Funny, I was wondering the same thing!

OZ kept his fire within, he was still a bad ass though. I remember seeing him throw his headset a few times, though it took a monumentally bad call for that to occur. He was always real intense during OU/Switzer games; he really wanted to beat those guys. OZ was a very special coach, they don't make 'em like that anymore.

BO needs to keep the edge, and he will, but yes, looks like he is choosing his battles more wisely. Eating live babies on national TV is never a good thing--bad PR and recruits' mommas tend to frown on that!

Bo's a special coach too. :wub: Just watch what happens....