USC Pete Carroll

I don't like Carroll, and I'd relish the thought of them losing a game because time ran out because they were short a time out...but like I mentioned on the favorite uniforms thread awhile back, USC in maroon and UCLA in the blues is a really cool look (in my opinion). I hope to see some of it in HD, while I mostly watch much better games on Saturday.

If you read up on the reasons behind it, it is about a tradition the two teams. They used to both wear the 'home' jerseys when they played. And Carrol does have a petition in with the NCAA seeking an exemption for the game, but will go with the penalty if denied.

:yeah i find it funny that Nebraska fans would bash something that is being done because of tradition. To each their own I suppose

If you ask me, it's not arrogant or a slap in the face of UCLA, but a publicity stunt more than anything, trying to get people talking about USC JUST IN CASE Missouri pulls the upset.

Very shrewd of them if that's the case . . . but now that the people are talking they need to beat UCLA 66-3 or something. Which might be a conservative prediction. <_<

If you guys are on here ripping USC for being arrogant, you've missed the story and are uninformed. Carroll has gotten together with Skippy and Skippy is on board. They petitioned the conference and the NCAA to get a waiver to bring back an old tradition, and since they couldn't get it done Skippy is going to call TOs after the kickoff of each half to level the playing field. Carroll has been trying to do this for a few years now, but Dorrell wasn't interested, so he backed off. The only reason this has gotten going is because Skippy is on board.

If you want to rip on anyone, rip on the NCAA and the Pac-10 for not working with these two schools to bring back one of their traditions. What a stupid rule. I figured with most of you on here bashing the BCS you'd take any opportunity to gripe about the institution that supports it...