Gator Bowl opponent disappointment

C N Red

I don't know. I already had a chance to see how the Huskers played against ranked opponents on national television and it wasn't pretty.

And that last game against a losing team was inches away from being a loss.

Oh yeah, one other thing? The teams who go into bowl games all sniffy, like they deserved a better opponent, often get their asses handed to them.

Don't think that will be a problem with Pelini. They aren't in a position to take anyone lightly.

The Gator Bowl is what it is.

:yeah exactly my thoughts about it.

I cannot believe how some of you are reacting about our bowl matchup! Clemson is a respectable opponent who matches up with Nebraska in many ways. They are a tradition rich program with great fans who travel well.

Given what our program has experience in the last 4 years, I would think that we'd welcome ANY bowl opportunity! Just what type of pedestal do you people think an unranked, 8-4 Husker team that hasn't been relevant for nearly a decade, should be placed on?! We are in no position to judge a bowl opponent as inferior.

+1. Some of you are acting like we still run college football.

I cannot believe how some of you are reacting about our bowl matchup! Clemson is a respectable opponent who matches up with Nebraska in many ways. They are a tradition rich program with great fans who travel well.

Given what our program has experience in the last 4 years, I would think that we'd welcome ANY bowl opportunity! Just what type of pedestal do you people think an unranked, 8-4 Husker team that hasn't been relevant for nearly a decade, should be placed on?! We are in no position to judge a bowl opponent as inferior.

Thank You.

Clemson had a presser. Big 12 team (NU) won't be announced until sunday after the CCG, Conference won't allow it...which makes me wonder if one of the bowls ahead in picking order is planning on getting NU (alamo)

No...we are going to the Gator Bowl. You can mark it down.

Can we...

BANK IT?!

Wait...pre-bailout bank it, or post-bailout bank it?

Clemson had a presser. Big 12 team (NU) won't be announced until sunday after the CCG, Conference won't allow it...which makes me wonder if one of the bowls ahead in picking order is planning on getting NU (alamo)

Can we...

BANK IT?!

You can put it where ever you want too but I got tickets so we had better be going to the Gator Bowl dammit! ;)

I don't like the fact it IS the Gator Bowl, but will live with it. Going to a bowl in Texas would have done us better for recruiting I am sure. As far as playing Clemson, I would rather play them than give one of the Florida schools another home game. I am tired of having to play them on their turf and them never returning the favor.

:yeah I don't mind the Clemson thing, but playing in TX would be better than FL all the way around.

We still have not been officially offered.

But yeah....a top-20 match-up would have been better for the program.

Nice clean up LOL. But I hope people don't start thinking that Clemson is going to be a push over.

They were ranked (top 10?) preseason and had 2 guys on the Heisman watch list in Cullen Harper and James Davis. They actually are probably a tougher opponent than FSU.

Do you suppose after we beat them we jump 9 spots in the rankings like Bama did?

Well everyone on here thinks that with a bowl win we will scratch the top 25...in which we are getting just a handful of votes right now in the 'others' category, so jumping 9 spots would put us at about 24.

Well everyone on here thinks that with a bowl win we will scratch the top 25...in which we are getting just a handful of votes right now in the 'others' category, so jumping 9 spots would put us at about 24.

almost everyone. beating unranked 7-5 clemson isn't likely to help the ranking. :(

Can we...

BANK IT?!

:ahhhhhhhh:ahhhhhhhh:ahhhhhhhh

:ahhhhhhhh

I would rather be favored in a bowl ,and I think we will begetting 7 against Clemson, than be playing someone we have no chance of beating, any ranked team, so we need to focus on the task at hand or we will lose this game.

you really think we would have NO chance against Michigan State, Ole Miss, Pitt, or Northwestern?

We could beat NW but the others I think would be a stretch, lets ease into this thing and get a win, I do think FSU would be an easier game than Clemson.

I would rather be favored in a bowl ,and I think we will begetting 7 against Clemson, than be playing someone we have no chance of beating, any ranked team, so we need to focus on the task at hand or we will lose this game.

Wow, what great faith you have in the Huskers. No chance to beat any ranked team huh? I seem to remember taking Texas Tech to overtime when we still playing pretty poorly. We could beat a whole bunch of ranked teams right now, with the way we are playing now.

The only way back to the top is to play the best teams out there. padding our number of wins against lesser teams makes us like K-State. I wish we were playing G-Tech, because they are a much better team than Clemson or FSU.