Gator Bowl Analysis and Prediction

Enhance

1st qt....Nu 10 CU-7, we have a long drive for a TD, spiller returns a kick for a TD.

2nd qt.... NU-7 CU 10, CU gets a defensive TD

halftime 17-17

3rd qt...NU-10 CU 7, Long TD to swift

27-24 at the end of the third.

4th qt...another long drive on the ground with Helu and a TD.

Final score ..... NEBRASKA 34 CLEMSON 24

5th qt....... RESUME DRINKING , NEBRASKA FANS SMILE A LOT, CLEMSON FANS SAY WHAT IF'S AND COMPLAIN ABOUT A LATE HOLDING CALL.

1st qt....Nu 10 CU-7, we have a long drive for a TD, spiller returns a kick for a TD.

halftime 17-17

5th qt....... RESUME DRINKING , NEBRASKA FANS SMILE A LOT, CLEMSON FANS SAY WHAT IF'S AND COMPLAIN ABOUT A LATE HOLDING CALL.

Good prediction and all, but apparently it's against our policy to score on defense this year.

The new DC told them they had to :) I seen where your old one went to KSU.

He sure did, have fun with that soft zone, no blitzing defense. Yall will destroy it.

Man I'm not going to lie, even with Bill Snyder being named head coach I see no way that KSU is going to get any good again. They're all ready down the tube, and if you guys didn't like your DC at Clemson then I'm sure he won't be well liked at KSU and they'll probably have a bowless season next year.

By the way, whoever posted 42-24 Clemson is not thinking straight. IF Clemson wins it's not by more than two TD's, and same with if Nebraska wins. All things put together, whichever team wins is going to win by a small margin.

halftime 17-17

What? They call holding (and all other penalties) on teams other than NU? Oh yeah - it won't be B12 refs. If Clemson wanted to be sure of a win, they would DEMAND Big12 refs.

halftime 17-17

What? They call holding (and all other penalties) on teams other than NU? Oh yeah - it won't be B12 refs. If Clemson wanted to be sure of a win, they would DEMAND Big12 refs.

ROFL.

Words can't even explain how much I hate B12 refs. :madash

By the way, whoever posted 42-24 Clemson is not thinking straight. IF Clemson wins it's not by more than two TD's, and same with if Nebraska wins. All things put together, whichever team wins is going to win by a small margin.

I see you've been introduced to Oldman, our resident sit-on-the-porch-and-spray-kids-with-the-hose-guy/troll.

I see you've been introduced to Oldman, our resident sit-on-the-porch-and-spray-kids-with-the-hose-guy/troll.

dedhoarse < oldman

Seriously I believe this is a worse match-up for us than Florida State would have been. Spiller and Davis are a very good duo that honestly worries me. We have played better lately, but still no where near where we'd like to be. If Spiller breaks one no one on our secondary or our walk-on LBs will catch him. Our D-line HAS to show up for this game. Clemson has a good passing game which is another reason I'd preferred the FSU match up. We have showed a tendency to make an average QB look like an stud(see Tyrod Taylor) and even though our breakdowns in the secondary have lessened, Clemson will punish those mistakes.

On offense our line NEEDS to move the line. This will be best d-line we'll see since Boomer Sooner. The predictable bubble screens, draws and quick slants can't be in so obvious situations. Swift and McNeill can't be ignored for a whole half like they have. This should be a good test and a great match up all day long.

Hopefully we prevail, but I'd feel so much better if we were playing the Noles and their running game only offense. In the end maybe 28-24 NU with a less exciting finish than the Michigan Alamo Bowl.

Seriously I believe this is a worse match-up for us than Florida State would have been. Spiller and Davis are a very good duo that honestly worries me. We have played better lately, but still no where near where we'd like to be. If Spiller breaks one no one on our secondary or our walk-on LBs will catch him. Our D-line HAS to show up for this game. Clemson has a good passing game which is another reason I'd preferred the FSU match up. We have showed a tendency to make an average QB look like an stud(see Tyrod Taylor) and even though our breakdowns in the secondary have lessened, Clemson will punish those mistakes.

On offense our line NEEDS to move the line. This will be best d-line we'll see since Boomer Sooner. The predictable bubble screens, draws and quick slants can't be in so obvious situations. Swift and McNeill can't be ignored for a whole half like they have. This should be a good test and a great match up all day long.

Hopefully we prevail, but I'd feel so much better if we were playing the Noles and their running game only offense. In the end maybe 28-24 NU with a less exciting finish than the Michigan Alamo Bowl.

Not to dis on the Clemson fans that I've grown to really like and respect on this board, and not to disrespect your opinion, but I think FSU would have been a way more difficult opponent than CU and I think, right now, FSU is a more stable and a better football program than both Clemson and Nebraska. They have a very tenured head coach down there at FSU who has played in some big games, while we have a first year head coach which has done well with bowls in his lifetime but has never coached from a head coach standpoint.