All-time Orange Bowl team

Here's one for conversation purposes: An all-time Orange Bowl team to commemorate the bowl's 75th anniversary.

Nebraska, which has played in 17 Orange Bowls, is represented by four players -- I-back Mike Rozier, wingback Johnny Rodgers, center Dave Rimington and cornerback Charles Fryar.

Rozier played in Orange Bowls after the 1981, '82 and '83 seasons and is the game's all-time leading rusher. Rodgers played in Miami after the 1970, '71 and '72 seasons and is the bowl's all-time leading scorer.

Southern Cal led the Orange Bowl all-time team with six selections, five from its 2004 national championship team. Nebraska was second with its four and Miami third with three, including defensive tackle Warren Sapp and linebacker Ray Lewis who played in the 24-17 loss to NU in the Orange Bowl after the 1994 season.

Other notables included former Oklahoma tailback Billy Sims, Alabama linebacker Lee Roy Jordan and Crimson Tide guard John Hannah. Barry Switzer of OU and Pete Carroll of USC were named coaches.

The team was selected by fan voting at miamiherald.com from a list nominated by a panel of college football sports writers. View the results at www.miamifly.net/business/orange.

By my quick count...

Nebraska has played in 18 Orange Bowls

Oklahoma has played in 18 Orange Bowls

Florida State has played in 8 Orange Bowls

Miami has played in 8 Orange Bowls

Alabama has played in 8 Orange Bowls

USC has played in TWO Orange Bowls!

The Huskers won 4 national championships in the Orange Bowl, and I can only guess that Oklahoma and Alabama have won more. Miami won 4 NCs. FSU won 1 there. USC won one MNC in the Orange Bowl and also beat an overrated Iowa team.

What would the PAC-10 think if the Rose Bowl came up with an all-century team that included five Miami players from their excellent 2001 squad that beat the Huskers and had around 3-4 Texas guys from their MNC team? Having Pete Carroll chosen as 1 of the coaches is a disgrace to all the aforementioned teams above and to some that have played in the bowl game more then 2 times.

Maybe it's the history professor in me coming out, but I threw up in my mouth a little after reading this. USC makes me sick and I've all but turned off watching USportsCenter on ESPN. Now the Orange Bowl people fall prey to them?? WTF??

As for your Rock Chalk J-Hawk, Talib--------yea he was a great player and first round draft pick, but do you realize how many STAR corners have played before him in that game??

By my quick count...

Nebraska has played in 18 Orange Bowls

Oklahoma has played in 18 Orange Bowls

Florida State has played in 8 Orange Bowls

Miami has played in 8 Orange Bowls

Alabama has played in 8 Orange Bowls

USC has played in TWO Orange Bowls!

The Huskers won 4 national championships in the Orange Bowl, and I can only guess that Oklahoma and Alabama have won more. Miami won 4 NCs. FSU won 1 there. USC won one MNC in the Orange Bowl and also beat an overrated Iowa team.

What would the PAC-10 think if the Rose Bowl came up with an all-century team that included five Miami players from their excellent 2001 squad that beat the Huskers and had around 3-4 Texas guys from their MNC team? Having Pete Carroll chosen as 1 of the coaches is a disgrace to all the aforementioned teams above and to some that have played in the bowl game more then 2 times.

Maybe it's the history professor in me coming out, but I threw up in my mouth a little after reading this. USC makes me sick and I've all but turned off watching USportsCenter on ESPN. Now the Orange Bowl people fall prey to them?? WTF??

:yeah

Here's one for conversation purposes: An all-time Orange Bowl team to commemorate the bowl's 75th anniversary.

Nebraska, which has played in 17 Orange Bowls, is represented by four players -- I-back Mike Rozier, wingback Johnny Rodgers, center Dave Rimington and cornerback Charles Fryar.

Rozier played in Orange Bowls after the 1981, '82 and '83 seasons and is the game's all-time leading rusher. Rodgers played in Miami after the 1970, '71 and '72 seasons and is the bowl's all-time leading scorer.

Southern Cal led the Orange Bowl all-time team with six selections, five from its 2004 national championship team. Nebraska was second with its four and Miami third with three, including defensive tackle Warren Sapp and linebacker Ray Lewis who played in the 24-17 loss to NU in the Orange Bowl after the 1994 season.

Other notables included former Oklahoma tailback Billy Sims, Alabama linebacker Lee Roy Jordan and Crimson Tide guard John Hannah. Barry Switzer of OU and Pete Carroll of USC were named coaches.

The team was selected by fan voting at miamiherald.com from a list nominated by a panel of college football sports writers. View the results at www.miamifly.net/business/orange.

:wtf USC!!!!!!

How about the all time Husker Orange Bowl team?

Frazier and Tagge -- QB

Kinney, Rozier, Green, and Phillips -- RB

Schlechenger (SP), Rathman FB

94 OL

94 Defence, 71 Defence

Rodgers -- Wing back, returner

Jr Miller -- TE

This is a start guys I need your help.

T_O_B