Onoxious fans

Remember it like it was yesterday..

That's some serious shi^t!

Coot #97 shoulda kept his helmet on, apparantly not enough sense to figure that one out. That 1902 story is pretty crazy.

In 49 years of being a Big Red devotee, I can't remember even ONE fight ever by our players with an opposing team. In '04 some of our big guys ruffed up some Sooner cheersquad guys b4 the game, but that's about it. Pelini got in the venerable Bill Snyder's face after a game once, back when BO was an assistant here('03), which was fairly comical if you know the two personality types(Snyder is sorta like Osborne personality-wise; BO is sorta like a mafia hitman).

Maybe not another team, but do you remember this?

Looked bad for us, but was probably one of our better hits of that game!

Yes, we've been addressing that one and have determined the Mizzou fan deserved it! :w00t

I will never listen to a Missouri fans opinion on anything until a few things happen.

A) They even the all-time score with Nebraska. Until then, MU fans will find anything and everything to make themselves feel better.

B)Win a couple of NC's.

Even during Nebraska's bad season last year, we sold out every home game. I guarantee you that 90% of college football stadiums wouldn't have had that happen to them last year if they were in our position. Especially if it was MU.

:koolaid2:

How many national championships have your fans won?? I didn't know they had titles for fans....

As for your 'A' point. Why dont you check the other big 8 teams and see only Oklahoma is better against you then Mu. Yeah you have about 25 more wins in the series. Your 25 best years against our 25 worse, stuff happens.

As for your 'B' point. They tickets may have sold BUT there were not butts in the seats. You are kidding yourself if you think there were more than 20,000 people at the OK state game past the second quarter. And that is just one of may examples. Just like this year when MU came to down. That stadium was so empty we were doing the "MIZ...ZOU" chant from one corner to the other across the staduim and it was clear as day. See how "the greatest fans on earth" gave up after two bad seasons in the last 40. Why dont you try winning an average of about 4 games a year for 20 years then see where your little attendace #'s pop up then. Good for you that your fans sell out the games. The KC Chiefs have sold out every home game the past 2 years so far. They suck, but people bought tickets in advance. If they tank next year they will have the first black out of a game in 20 years. If NU starts tanking so will your ticket sales REGARDLESS of what you think. You are kidding yourself to think otherwise. But when you win for 40 years your sales will be there. Much like KC's. They won for the better part of 15 years, so fans bought tickets even though they stink...

My first post was a smart a** post (big hint was the SARCASM signs) But you can rest assured that I am neither jelous nor envious of the Huskers. And unless you have played for NU, you havent beaten MU or me at anything, but I guess thats why "we" are called fans (short for fanatic)

:clap:worship:clap

:cheers:cheers:cheers

QUOTE(HuskerRed949597 @ Dec 11 2008, 08:48 PM)

Colorado and Missouri fans are the worst fans in the Big 12. Colorado had the classic '05 incident when they got their butts handed to em 30-3.

I give Missouri the slight edge because even when they were dominating teams this year, their stadium STILL didn't fill to capacity. They are also very fickle fans who tend to bash NU because they hate us. Simple fact of the matter is, if you look at the all time leading record of NU-MU, NU is far and away gone with that record. I think it would take MU 25-30 years of straight beating us to even the score.

MU fans stick around when things are great, but then filter off when things are bad. At least, for the most part, Colorado fans have better turn outs.

The most annoying fans are the ones that have no idea what they are talking about.

Mu sold out plenty of games this year and avg about 95% full attendence. The one game were attendance wasnt great was Nevada, and still there were about 60K.

MU fans stick around when things are great, but then filter off when things are bad.

Funny you should mention this. You should have been around Omaha the last few years. No more 'red fridays', no more husker flags on every house. Alot of folks jumped off that wagon. I had the best time in Lincoln at this years game. Myself and 9 other MU fans easily found tickets at face value and free parking passes for their private lots. We had almost our entire section to ourselves by halfway through the second quarter. It was FANTASTIC. BTW there were plent of 'No-shows' in our section. Too bad NU counts everyone in the staduim including consision stand workers, coaches, even the other teams players for their attendance.

Maybe you should know what your talking about before you open your mouth and insert "annoying fan lives here" sign

You're right, Mizzou does have die-hard fans. The type of fans that have nothing better to do than talk smack on other team's message boards all day.

Hi Mr. Pot! Meet Mr. Kettle... :clap

I will never listen to a Missouri fans opinion on anything until a few things happen.

A) They even the all-time score with Nebraska. Until then, MU fans will find anything and everything to make themselves feel better.

B)Win a couple of NC's.

Even during Nebraska's bad season last year, we sold out every home game. I guarantee you that 90% of college football stadiums wouldn't have had that happen to them last year if they were in our position. Especially if it was MU.

How many national championships have your fans won?? I didn't know they had titles for fans....

As for your 'A' point. Why dont you check the other big 8 teams and see only Oklahoma is better against you then Mu. Yeah you have about 25 more wins in the series. Your 25 best years against our 25 worse, stuff happens.

As for your 'B' point. They tickets may have sold BUT there were not butts in the seats. You are kidding yourself if you think there were more than 20,000 people at the OK state game past the second quarter. And that is just one of may examples. Just like this year when MU came to down. That stadium was so empty we were doing the "MIZ...ZOU" chant from one corner to the other across the staduim and it was clear as day. See how "the greatest fans on earth" gave up after two bad seasons in the last 40. Why dont you try winning an average of about 4 games a year for 20 years then see where your little attendace #'s pop up then. Good for you that your fans sell out the games. The KC Chiefs have sold out every home game the past 2 years so far. They suck, but people bought tickets in advance. If they tank next year they will have the first b******* of a game in 20 years. If NU starts tanking so will your ticket sales REGARDLESS of what you think. You are kidding yourself to think otherwise.

My first post was a smart a** post (big hint was the SARCASM signs) But you can rest assured that I am neither jelous nor envious of the Huskers. And unless you have played for NU, you havent beaten MU or me at anything, but I guess thats why "we" are called fans (short for fanatic)

:worship

:point ...we're not gonna tank for 20 yrs, so :wtf

point is ZE,

To compare the two is stupid, thats like me ragging on Husker basketball attendance throughout the 80's and 90's compared to MU.

It's pointless

well, none of this is that serious anyway.....I for one don't care too much, but don't see our attendance record changing anytime soon.

Missery. Hands down! Went down for the NU game in '97. We all remember Shevin Wiggins & Matt Davison right? Was walking out of the stadium & had a 7 yr old MU fan come up to me & flip me the bird & proceed to say, & I quote, "F*** Nebraska. You suck. Go home" & then he ran back to his dad who gave him a hi five for doing it. Them Tiger fans sure are a classy bunch. I think in the Big 12 if you wear Black & Gold, you have to be an obnoxious no-class team. I know there are classy Missouri fans. This is not directed @ them.

Missery. Hands down! Went down for the NU game in '97. We all remember Shevin Wiggins & Matt Davison right? Was walking out of the stadium & had a 7 yr old MU fan come up to me & flip me the bird & proceed to say, & I quote, "F*** Nebraska. You suck. Go home" & then he ran back to his dad who gave him a hi five for doing it. Them Tiger fans sure are a classy bunch. I think in the Big 12 if you wear Black & Gold, you have to be an obnoxious no-class team. I know there are classy Missouri fans. This is not directed @ them.

Every person has there reasons. So its cool if someone doesnt like MU. I personnally have had issues with NU and OU fans more than any other. Probably because I am around more husker fans than any other and OU fans are so darn stuck up they make husker fans look like the most down to earth people I have ever meet. <_<

point is ZE,

To compare the two is stupid, thats like me ragging on Husker basketball attendance throughout the 80's and 90's compared to MU.

It's pointless

well, none of this is that serious anyway.....I for one don't care too much, but don't see our attendance record changing anytime soon.

Not unless you pull a UCS and die for a little while. :)

I can only hope... :o WAIT!!!

Dear Santa....

:lol:

point is ZE,

It's pointless

Not unless you pull a UCS and die for a little while. :)

I can only hope... :o WAIT!!!

Dear Santa....

:lol:

USC?

Naw, we have BO and BO 'KNOWS' and so goes the Huskers since BO 'KNOWS'!...mr. fro'

:power returns!

I live in Columbia, Missouri. The amount of bandwagon fans around here is incredible, and most I encounter don't seem to really pay attention to fotball outside of what MU is doing. Take their game against OSU this year. Basically every MU fan I talked to had it in their head that OSU was some lollipop team and they were gonna beat the crap out of them. I tried to warn them not to underestimate OSU, only to receive dismissing replies.

And then look what happened.

This city actually reminds me of Boulder somewhat, except the students aren't quite as obnoxious. Colorado hands down has the worst fans in the Big 12.

B)Win a couple of NC's.

As for your 'B' point. They tickets may have sold BUT there were not butts in the seats. You are kidding yourself if you think there were more than 20,000 people at the OK state game past the second quarter. And that is just one of may examples. Just like this year when MU came to down. That stadium was so empty we were doing the "MIZ...ZOU" chant from one corner to the other across the staduim and it was clear as day. See how "the greatest fans on earth" gave up after two bad seasons in the last 40. Why dont you try winning an average of about 4 games a year for 20 years then see where your little attendace #'s pop up then. Good for you that your fans sell out the games. The KC Chiefs have sold out every home game the past 2 years so far. They suck, but people bought tickets in advance. If they tank next year they will have the first black out of a game in 20 years. If NU starts tanking so will your ticket sales REGARDLESS of what you think. You are kidding yourself to think otherwise. But when you win for 40 years your sales will be there. Much like KC's. They won for the better part of 15 years, so fans bought tickets even though they stink...

:clap:worship:clap

:cheers:cheers:cheers

lets see...you come here and talk about how many NU fans might have left in a few home game blow-outs in the last 3-4 years, pontificate as if you're Carnac the Magnificent about what NU fans would do if they continued to lose, and use our all time record against OU as some sort of convoluted brain flatulence to excuse the MU losing record to NU.

the KC -NU comparision is pulled so far out of your arse your tongue came along for the ride-

Dude, you need to improve your critical thinking skills, if you expect any fans here to follow your wit and follow your writings Prima Faciae

yeah you're a great fan and represent MU well-if compared to a lazer pointing, piss bag-throwing Buffs fan