Onoxious fans

I live in Columbia, Missouri..The amount of bandwagon fans around here is incredible

An observation...which I could be wrong...could be right: In Missouri, Iowa, Colorado, Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas it is much easier to be a bandwagon fan. If your team isn't doing well, you support the other college team or one of the pro teams in your state. In Nebraska we don't have a pro team, and we don't have another major college team - so we don't have anyone else to support.

IMHO that is to the university's benefit in Nebraska. We have a fan base that has no other options if they like football.

I live in Columbia, Missouri..The amount of bandwagon fans around here is incredible

An observation...which I could be wrong...could be right: In Missouri, Iowa, Colorado, Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas it is much easier to be a bandwagon fan. If your team isn't doing well, you support the other college team or one of the pro teams in your state. In Nebraska we don't have a pro team, and we don't have another major college team - so we don't have anyone else to support.

IMHO that is to the university's benefit in Nebraska. We have a fan base that has no other options if they like football.

That is why we automatically win every argument no matter what :w00t

Nebraska is our baseball, our football, our basketball, etc.

It's tough for anybody else to understand because if their team isn't doing well they have a lot of other options (in-state) to fall back on. We literally have none.

^^^^This is also why it's important for Nebraska to consistently dominate in football, that way we have something to do with our lives other than :wasted

We played Colorado in a bowl game in Orlando a few years ago. I don't recall running into any obnoxious Colorado fans. Of course there's a lot of stuff I don't remember from that game. Guess you could say I killed off a few brain cells that day.

I do recall Ralphie the Buffalo. Pretty cool to see him run onto the field. I wonder if we should have a tiger run onto the field....maybe when the coots enter the field. ;-)

We played Colorado in a bowl game in Orlando a few years ago. I don't recall running into any obnoxious Colorado fans. Of course there's a lot of stuff I don't remember from that game. Guess you could say I killed off a few brain cells that day.

I do recall Ralphie the Buffalo. Pretty cool to see him run onto the field. I wonder if we should have a tiger run onto the field....maybe when the coots enter the field. ;-)

check out some of our takes on Ralphie: link4ralphie

I f*cking hate Mizzou fans. For many reasons other than being bandwagon, obnoxious, rude, and stupid. The town of Columbia sucks. It's dirty. Our hotel looked like it was going to cave in at any moment. There were cracks all over the walls. We had to stop at Wal-mart to get some booze. Granted, no one's expectations should be high when going to Wal Mart but their Wal Mart made a typical Wal-Mart in Omaha look like a Whole Foods Mart. We had to put up with this....

We went to the game last year and we were getting taunted left and right. The most memorable was when this Mizzou fan walked up to my friend outside of the stadium and made a comment about my friends t-shirt. The shirt that my friend had on was red and had a big "N" in the middle. The comment was...."Do you know what that "N" stands for?? It stands for Not gonna win today." That's an A+ punchline right there. <_<

Mizzou fans are morons.

It's tough for anybody else to understand because if their team isn't doing well they have a lot of other options (in-state) to fall back on. We literally have none.

^^^^This is also why it's important for Nebraska to consistently dominate in football, that way we have something to do with our lives other than :wasted

:) We also have volleyball, wrestling, and the basketball program is starting to come along...but nothing to really compete with the football...just the way it ought to be.

I f*cking hate Mizzou fans. For many reasons other than being bandwagon, obnoxious, rude, and stupid. The town of Columbia sucks. It's dirty. Our hotel looked like it was going to cave in at any moment. There were cracks all over the walls. We had to stop at Wal-mart to get some booze. Granted, no one's expectations should be high when going to Wal Mart but their Wal Mart made a typical Wal-Mart in Omaha look like a Whole Foods Mart. We had to put up with this....

We went to the game last year and we were getting taunted left and right. The most memorable was when this Mizzou fan walked up to my friend outside of the stadium and made a comment about my friends t-shirt. The shirt that my friend had on was red and had a big "N" in the middle. The comment was...."Do you know what that "N" stands for?? It stands for Not gonna win today." That's an A+ punchline right there. <_<

Mizzou fans are morons.

My experiences in Missouri haven't been all that great...and have almost come to blows more than once.

BUT - Tiger fans are nothing as bad as the student section of Colorado! (Notice: I have quit throwing out my bad feelings to ALL CU fans and have narrowed it down to the REAL culprits that don't have a clue what a good fan is or what sportsmanship is all about. I will keep doing this until I am given reason to do otherwise.)

:) We also have volleyball, wrestling, and the basketball program is starting to come along...but nothing to really compete with the football...just the way it ought to be.

Heard we have a soccer team as well... who knew?