Don't be shocked if ISU grabs a former Husker........

as their new HC. I really believe that ISU will go after Turner Gill hard and heavy. The guy is a proven leader who can turn around a dying program. I truly believe that there is a damn good chance that ISU could land Turner if they tried. This ought to be a fun one to watch develop! The buzz about this on rivals is getting louder and louder by the minute!

gill proved that he can work miracles, but if he could turn iowa state into winner then he's be the freakin' messiah of NCAA football.

literally, it would a water to wine and feeding the masses with half a loaf and two fish kind of miracle because iowa state has a real deuce of a time attracting talent. couple that with 117 years of futility, you have recipe for failure at iowa state.

I guess the Syracuse job is open again, so hopefully Turner will get another shot at that one. Would be good for two reasons: 1)would suck if he was coach @ ISU and we were playing them;2) would suck for him to be coach @ ISU(crap program) PERIOD.

I guess Syracuse now has named Doug Marrone their HC, so much for that idea.

Just DON'T GO TO ISU Turner....well, he's probably smart enough to stay clear of that one...

I don't see how AU thinks they are going to do better with Chizek than Tubberville anyway, makes no sense. Guess Chizek used to be DC there though.

I honestly think that Turner is comfortable at Buffalo.

Completely agree. At some point I think Coach Gill will move on, I'm just not seeing it happen directly after he wins his first conf. championship. Could be wrong, I get the whole 'strike while the iron is hot' thing, but it'd surprise me. Then again Auburn surprised the hell outta me too.

It is honestly too bad for ISU, they are in a tough spot. It is hard enough to get recruits to even look at Ames as well to draw a worthy coach. McCarney got a raw deal, but he only had a couple of respectable seasons in like 12 years. Chizick plain and simple used this as a spring board to put "head coach" on a resume. As far as he goes I hope he fails miserably at Auburn, this was a slap in the face to ISU, and I can not believe that Auburn chose him over guys like Leach, Gill, Kelly and Paul Johnson. They are in trouble. Pollard needs to get his head out of his a** and take ISU for what it is. Ames is a nice town with a beautiful campus and a so-so athletic program, not his fault but he is trying way to hard with what he does not have. It will take a special person with a strong commitment to ISU before they ever dig themselves out of this one.