Dailey gone

Who gets DAiley's scholarship now???  Souder?

I can't remember if it can be used right away. Can it? I thought for transfer's it couldn't be used until 06?

If so that might widen the array of possible players who get it. Souder would probably be a good choice.

diehard Posted: Apr 17 2005, 01:34 PM 

If he transfers it wouldnt bother me one bit. The sooner we get rid of FS players the better.

first off this attitude sucks, everyone hacks on FF for saying things about the current staff but this is total garbage, this is hacking on the largest part of the players. then you posted this

Why should Ross look out? Unlike Daily, Ross can play in this offense

isnt he one of FS's players?  anyway so JD is gone, i agree that he didnt fit into either system very well, hope he can find somewhere to be sucessful, but i do agree he could have handled himself better with the media from what i read. im still concerned that it seems like everyone i have read about that is leaving has a really poor attitude, is the team attitude getting better or staying the same?  hopefully some of you hometown guys can answer that for me.

I have nothing against Daily! I said that because ff cant get over the fact that Solich is gone. HE continually badmouths BC and the players that he recruited.

I said that just to piss ff off. So before you jump my ass pal, maybe you should take some time and read ALL of ffs posts.

As usual, you are wrong. As I have said many times, I am not upset that FS is gone. I am upset how it was done, the lying done to the fans, and the fact that pud replace a guy that won 75% of his games with a guy that has won less that 50%of his (and was hated by his players), and true to me saying that, the same things happened at Oakland have occured at NU.

Im sorry that you dont have the capacity to see that .

the only part of this that stinks is bc's comments about the competition was still wide open and we hate to see him leave........common, who in their right mind is going to believe that crap.......he may have not shown much for skills, but he was damned sure shown the door, and bc and norvell should have the balls to just say so.......i think this behavior shown by bc and his staff will hurt the future recruiting process.......right or wrong that is my opinion of what has taken place

hunter

So what should BC say that he sucks and hit the road. For not being a BC recruit I think Bill did a good job of the situation. I never heard one bad thing out of Bills mouth towards Daily when there could have been plenty to choose from. Including this years spring game. He said the competion is still wide open did he say any names?

If he transfers it wouldnt bother me one bit. The sooner we get rid of FS players the better.

first off this attitude sucks, everyone hacks on FF for saying things about the current staff but this is total garbage, this is hacking on the largest part of the players. then you posted this

isnt he one of FS's players?  anyway so JD is gone, i agree that he didnt fit into either system very well, hope he can find somewhere to be sucessful, but i do agree he could have handled himself better with the media from what i read. im still concerned that it seems like everyone i have read about that is leaving has a really poor attitude, is the team attitude getting better or staying the same?  hopefully some of you hometown guys can answer that for me.

I have nothing against Daily! I said that because ff cant get over the fact that Solich is gone. HE continually badmouths BC and the players that he recruited.

I said that just to piss ff off. So before you jump my ass pal, maybe you should take some time and read ALL of ffs posts.

As usual, you are wrong. As I have said many times, I am not upset that FS is gone. I am upset how it was done, the lying done to the fans, and the fact that pud replace a guy that won 75% of his games with a guy that has won less that 50%of his (and was hated by his players), and true to me saying that, the same things happened at Oakland have occured at NU.

Im a fan... I dont feel cheated or lied to.

Sure I didnt agree with the way it was handled but IM OVER IT. I dont feel the need to DWELL on it every day.

Sure I didnt agree with the way it was handled but IM OVER IT. I dont feel the need to DWELL on it every day.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many may not agree with everything that I have to say, but then again, Im an individual, able to think for myself.

What is pretty much common knowledge around here is that pud is a proven liar, and almost everyone I have ever discussed the situation with feels that he is dishonest.

If you two dont feel as if you have been misled, then you really are as clueless as you seem. As a "fan," you should demand better.

oooh ooooh Tagge v. Vanbronson

boy that one hurt Just funnin'

I am sorry to see JD leave under these circumstances but it's understandable. I didn't particularly care to hear his HS coaches opinions. Or Jammal Lord's. I hope JD succeeds in all his future endeavors.

Come on ZT v HB v BD v JG v JA what controversy. Just practice and then play the games and let the media get their jollies.

Im still gonna root for THE NEBRASKA CORNHUSKERS

GBR

Many may not agree with everything that I have to say, but then again, Im an individual, able to think for myself.

What is pretty much common knowledge around here is that pud is a proven liar, and almost everyone I have ever discussed the situation with feels that he is dishonest.

If you two dont feel as if you have been misled, then you really are as clueless as you seem. As a "fan," you should demand better.

How am I being misled? What is Pederson doing too me? Frank Solich was fired the wrong way. This I agree with but what is he doing now to mislead me? Explain this too me. Is he screwin my gf when im not home? Did he put something in Dailys football to make it fall into a defenders hands? I want to know!

Since im so "clueless" fill me in. Do this without repeating the same thing that you post ALL THE TIME.

As a "FAN" I back my team. I dont judge the staff and team on a 1 season performance.

How am I being misled? What is Pederson doing too me? Frank Solich was fired the wrong way. This I agree with but what is he doing now to mislead me? Explain this too me. Is he screwin my gf when im not home? Did he put something in Dailys football to make it fall into a defenders hands? I want to know!

Since im so "clueless" fill me in. Do this without repeating the same thing that you post ALL THE TIME.

As a "FAN" I back my team. I dont judge the staff and team on a 1 season performance.

There have been alot, but its been so long that I can only think of a couple of things that pud has done: 1) offered a job to Nutt, then said that the didnt 2) claims to have given Pelini and Gill interviews, but only after going through about 8 other candidates, and after bringing callahan in a couple of times 3) talks about not wallowing in mediocrity, while HIS coach led the team to its first losing seaon in 40 years 4)backed out of an agreement with Houston over a game this year, heaping even more shame on the program 5) talks about not wallowing in mediocrity, but allows Collier to put a sub-standard product on the floor in basketball year after year.

As far as a fan being a fan and backing their team, I agree to some point. See, Im a Cubs fan, but the Cubs suck. I like to watch them, I'll always root for them, but Im not buying their gear, Im not going to their games. Until they produce year in and year out, they suck. I am not going to pour my hard earned money into a subpar product that the front office throws out there because it an insult to me, as a fan.

To settle for that is not being a fan, its being gullible, its being stupid.

There have been alot, but its been so long that I can only think of a couple of things that pud has done: 1) offered a job to Nutt, then said that the didnt 2) claims to have given Pelini and Gill interviews, but only after going through about 8 other candidates, and after bringing callahan in a couple of times 3) talks about not wallowing in mediocrity, while HIS coach led the team to its first losing seaon in 40 years 4)backed out of an agreement with Houston over a game this year, heaping even more shame on the program 5) talks about not wallowing in mediocrity, but allows Collier to put a sub-standard product on the floor in basketball year after year.

As far as a fan being a fan and backing their team, I agree to some point. See, Im a Cubs fan, but the Cubs suck. I like to watch them, I'll always root for them, but Im not buying their gear, Im not going to their games. Until they produce year in and year out, they suck. I am not going to pour my hard earned money into a subpar product that the front office throws out there because it an insult to me, as a fan.

To settle for that is not being a fan, its being gullible, its being stupid.

A fan in my book is someone that is as loyal as a dog. You will be disappointed once in a while, you'll feel like the whole world is crumbling around your team when they lose, but you find pride in the fact that these KIDS are looking for approval and tried their very best but came up short. A fan will be their to stand up for his team not degrade it at every whim and give up on them just because the program has changed and we do not like the change.

I believe that F.F is a very good person with a love of the HUSKERS that runs very deep and that it has blinded or put blinders on his outlook. I am not picking on F.F. I am just making MY observation and I am sure that some will agree and some will not. That is OK.

Lets not forget that these kids are not just here for our entertainment for a few years. They come here as KIDS and MOST leave as MEN. Some leave early as lifes circumstances require and some leave because their goals may have changed. Some will be Doctors and lawyers and some will fail and get lost in a world that is bigger than they can handle. Some will turn pro and others will not come close to starting one game in college because sometimes recruiters make mistakes.

I do not agree with everything that BC has done and I am a little put off by his arrogence at times. I think that we could have won one or two more games if he had made the correct changes and called different plays, but that is my opinion and I was not on the sidelines with these kids working with a system that left most of them with a deer in the headlights look.

It is my opinion that we as fans should not hold in our feelings that we have about the situation but we also cannot dwell on it forever either.

As far as F.F. not purchasing any more tickets to games or gear, that is his choice and I will not try to change it. I will continue to go to as many games as I can and buy the things I can afford to line my "I LOVE THE HUSKERS ROOM" In my basement. To the young men, that came here under one idea and were thrust into a system that was way over their heads. I appreciate the efforts you put out.

A big thank you to JOE DAILEY, he took the responsibility of the team and last season on his shoulders and never complained, or never passd the buck. This spring he came to practice knowing that he was not a lock for starter and that there were at least two hired guns coming after him before the first game this next season. I think deep down that he knew this was not the right situation for his abilities last year but tried his best to help the huskers win.

I wish all the HUSKERS past and present that endured last season the very best. It was hard to see records fall and streaks end for us fans, but we were there only as the spectators, and your loyal fans. I cannot Imagine the frustration, and hurt that you players had to suffer through. We get to go back to our lives and come up with all the answers to you problems. You are thrown right into the planning for the next game and trying to learn as you go. You do us the favor of letting us watch you play the game you love.

To me, a fan is the lucky one in college football. We get to raise hell and brag about the things we saw from the stands, defend our team when they need us, support them and beleive that they are busting their asses for our enjoyment. We get to watch legends start their careers and others that are just happy that they had enough inside of themselves to make the team.

BIG RED FOOTBALL is bigger than any of us alone but together, as our players play their very best, the people in charge do the very best that they can and we as FANS thank them for the chance to witness the best of sports pleasures: A home game on a chilly fall afternoon the walk of the crowd into the stadium and the anticipation of the tunnel walk and hopefully a victory. THANKS AGAIN FOR WHAT YOU MEAN TO THIS FAN :cheers

Sorry that was so long

GO HUSKERS!!!!!!!

You may now chew my arse for writing so much to say THANK YOU

Daily is not a dissention in the program. It was just clear writing on the wall. I have not heard anything but good comments from the recruits about the treatment from the coaching staff. Why can't we just see the writing on the wall like the players see. it. Was Joe ever going to play this year? NO. So why wouldnt he leave. He is not made to run this offense. It is a bad situation and I wish him the best, but you saw the spring game. Joe sucked. He ran the ball like he was in the option again. That is not what you do in the WCO. Joe is just another victim of changing offenses and I wish him the best. He got a fair shake. He had a whole season and a spring practice to improve and he did not do it. The media is harsh, but it always has been to the starting QB of nebraska. HIS ATTITUDE WAS TERRIABLE IN THE SPRING GAME TOO. DID YOU SEE HIM THROW THE BALL AT HIS DEFENSIVE TEAMMATE. WHAT A STUPID MOVE. HIS ATTITUDE WOULD HAVE BEEN A CANCER TO THE TEAM IF HE WOULD HAVE STAYED. IN THAT RESPECT I AM GLAD HE IS GONE.