Dailey gone

There have been alot, but its been so long that I can only think of a couple of things that pud has done: 1) offered a job to Nutt, then said that the didnt 2) claims to have given Pelini and Gill interviews, but only after going through about 8 other candidates, and after bringing callahan in a couple of times 3) talks about not wallowing in mediocrity, while HIS coach led the team to its first losing seaon in 40 years 4)backed out of an agreement with Houston over a game this year, heaping even more shame on the program 5) talks about not wallowing in mediocrity, but allows Collier to put a sub-standard product on the floor in basketball year after year.

As far as a fan being a fan and backing their team, I agree to some point. See, Im a Cubs fan, but the Cubs suck. I like to watch them, I'll always root for them, but Im not buying their gear, Im not going to their games. Until they produce year in and year out, they suck. I am not going to pour my hard earned money into a subpar product that the front office throws out there because it an insult to me, as a fan.

To settle for that is not being a fan, its being gullible, its being stupid.

1.offered a job to Nutt, then said that he didnt.

And your point is??? This doesnt bother me.

2. claims to have given Pelini and Gill interviews, but only after going through about 8 other candidates, and after bringing callahan in a couple of times.

And your point is??? I dont see any other teams jumping on the chance to hire these guys for a head coaching job. This doesnt bother me.

3.talks about not wallowing in mediocrity, while HIS coach led the team to its first losing seaon in 40 years

Something that FS was bound and determined to do.

This season did bother me but like I said I dont judge after 1 season im better than that.

4.backed out of an agreement with Houston over a game this year, heaping even more shame on the program.

I see that you still believe that. Had nothing to do with the Houston AD dropping the ball? Get real.

This doesnt bother me.

5. talks about not wallowing in mediocrity, but allows Collier to put a sub-standard product on the floor in basketball year after year.

Oh believe me Collier wont be here much longer if he doesnt get results. If Pederson would have fired him you would have been all over him for that.

This doesnt bother me.

We do have one thing in common I am also a cubs fan. I do buy their gear and I have gone to their games. I am a true fan because I stand behind them regardless of wins or losses. You are an insult to these programs that you constantly bitch about. You are not a fan. Since you believe all this crap that you type maybe you should submit your resume and make things better.

While it is quite amusing watching some of you go back and forth, I will add this as my two cents worth. Some of you claim not to pass judgement on a coach for one bad season, but then were on the bandwagon with the rest of the lynch mob looking for Frank Solich's head after the 2002 season. Solich made some necessary changes and turned things around only to be fired one year later. Other than some recruits, BC really hasn't changed much. We will see if he gets things turned around this year. The way things have transpired after the last two seasons, you almost hope its a gradual improvement rather than a quick one knowing how trigger happy pud is.

You claim to be not concerned with pud's deception and practices. At one time I really thought he was lying and was trying to deceive Husker Nation. However, I have had a change of heart. I think he is just that friggin stupid. When he fired Solich, I don't think he had anyone in mind to coach the team. At least Notre Dame had a guy in mind even though the deal fell through. If Nutt was pud's man, then I have to ask; what in the hell were you thinking? Nutt had the same record as BC this past year at a school where he's been the coach and recruiter of every player there. Nutt is not a great coach. He's not even a very good coach.

I am a fan and have always been a fan. I remember the bowl games back in the late 80's and early early 90's when we got blown out by a Florida school. I remember all of the jeering from the media claiming we didn't deserve to be in the high profile bowl games. I remember the jeering about playing a weak non conference schedule. LOL, well looking back at it we did it like KState. I was in college when TO won his first National Championship. In fact, we played for one every year I was there winning two of them. I remember being embarrassed when the fans booed Berringer. Even though I had graduated, I remember the fans booing Scott Frost. The program has had a lot of ups and downs over the decades. However, I don't recall as much separation between fans as we see now. Pud seems to have the same affect on Husker Nation as Bush has on Nation. Whether it's 50/50 or something else, it is easy to see Husker Nation is split. We have those who will never be pleased with anything BC accomplishes, and we have those who see him as a welcomed blessing willing to overlook a few mistakes. To me having Husker Nation split is not only embarrassing, it is also a big disappointment!

JD did sound a little disrespectful but the kid has put everything he had into NU. He has done a good job of keeping his chin up. I really think we should wait to pass judgement on JD until he actually says something bad about this program.

My question for Dailey is that did he really belive that he was better then the incomming talent? After how he played last year, did he really believe that he was going to start again. This isn;t very captain LEADERSHIP of him, to say things about your coach like that no matter what has happend. Joe had all the opportunities in the world to show that he could get it done and he flat out did not. So for me it's no surprise that he's decided to leave. But once franks recruits are gone I believe this team will be better off. Because we will have guys that want to play for these coaches and that want to flat out just play some football!

It's not all Frank's recruits that are the problem. I'm sure if Carriker, Moore, Ruud, Bullocks and Ross all left we'd really struggle. But Dailey's situation is no different than Zac Taylor's, really. Zac went to Wake, they changed their offensive strategy so he went somewhere that would enable him to use his talents. Joe will do the same thing. He was recruited as a dual threat QB and didn't have the high rating as a pro-style QB when he came here. This offense was not built for Joe, and he did give it his all while he was here. I just wished he could have showed more tact and respect for the coaching staff that nurtured him along for over 16 months.

i guess not everyone got my point.......how can bc or anyone (coaches)say the competition was too close to call and suddenly less than a week later demote jd to 4th spot?

all i am saying is, as many have said, jd was not improving and not practicing well, so why say things are still too close to call? why not give a hint that there was seperation when everyone knew it, especially the coaches! hell, why give the kid false hope when even he knew his play sucked? what is with this deception program?

what i am saying is i expect bc and norvell and the whole staff to exhibit some damn consistency, not only in their actions, but in what comes out of their own mouths.......if anyone has a problem with that observation, then it is my opinion and mine alone, but its going to be pretty damn hard to refute! like others have said, i hope this "oakland attitude" does not infect college ball here at Nu.....the players and the fans deserve a helluvalot better!

hunter

My question for Dailey is that did he really belive that he was better then the incomming talent? After how he played last year, did he really believe that he was going to start again. This isn;t very captain LEADERSHIP of him, to say things about your coach like that no matter what has happend. Joe had all the opportunities in the world to show that he could get it done and he flat out did not. So for me it's no surprise that he's decided to leave. But once franks recruits are gone I believe this team will be better off. Because we will have guys that want to play for these coaches and that want to flat out just play some football!

It's not all Frank's recruits that are the problem. I'm sure if Carriker, Moore, Ruud, Bullocks and Ross all left we'd really struggle. But Dailey's situation is no different than Zac Taylor's, really. Zac went to Wake, they changed their offensive strategy so he went somewhere that would enable him to use his talents. Joe will do the same thing. He was recruited as a dual threat QB and didn't have the high rating as a pro-style QB when he came here. This offense was not built for Joe, and he did give it his all while he was here. I just wished he could have showed more tact and respect for the coaching staff that nurtured him along for over 16 months.

But ya know, did Zac leave the way Joe is leaving...Talking bad about his coaches and everything....Most all of franks recruits that have left have said something bad or something about these coaches or the way things are being done. The guya that haven't left, or stuck in there through the hard times....Carriker, Moore, Ruud, Bullocks and Ross...They haven;t said anthing and they respect these coaches as much as anyone! Let's get back to playing football and leave all the outside stuff out of the way.

I know Dailey was disrespectful to Callahan, but has there been anything else written??

I hope Dailey can find a team and compete and do quite well to finish his career. It's been a tough ride for him and I wish him the best. He tried as hard as he could, studied for hours to pick up this offense and couldn't quite get it.

Dailey leaving Huskers; plans uncertain

Rich Hansen of St. Peter's Prep in Jersey City, N.J., who attended the scrimmage, said he spent nine hours watching Nebraska spring practice film last weekend and didn't feel Dailey received a fair shot during camp.

"I don't feel they put him in a fair, competitive environment," Hansen said. "I've been in this business for 23 years, and I can tell when college coaches want to see a kid squeezed out of a scholarship."

For instance, Hansen said, Nebraska's defense didn't blitz at all Saturday until Dailey had entered the game. Dailey, though, said he didn't notice if he was the only quarterback who was being blitzed.

"I think I got as fair a shot as I could've gotten this spring," Dailey said. "Let's put it this way: I'm under the impression I got a fair shot. Quite frankly, it doesn't matter to me now."

Dailey said there were "some private things" that took place that might have led to his demotion to No. 4.

A fan in my book is someone that is as loyal as a dog. You will be disappointed once in a while, you'll feel like the whole world is crumbling around your team when they lose, but you find pride in the fact that these KIDS are looking for approval and tried their very best but came up short. A fan will be their to stand up for his team not degrade it at every whim and give up on them just because the program has changed and we do not like the change.

I believe that F.F is a very good person with a love of the HUSKERS that runs very deep and that it has blinded or put blinders on his outlook. I am not picking on F.F. I am just making MY observation and I am sure that some will agree and some will not. That is OK.

Lets not forget that these kids are not just here for our entertainment for a few years. They come here as KIDS and MOST leave as MEN. Some leave early as lifes circumstances require and some leave because their goals may have changed. Some will be Doctors and lawyers and some will fail and get lost in a world that is bigger than they can handle. Some will turn pro and others will not come close to starting one game in college because sometimes recruiters make mistakes.

I do not agree with everything that BC has done and I am a little put off by his arrogence at times. I think that we could have won one or two more games if he had made the correct changes and called different plays, but that is my opinion and I was not on the sidelines with these kids working with a system that left most of them with a deer in the headlights look.

It is my opinion that we as fans should not hold in our feelings that we have about the situation but we also cannot dwell on it forever either.

As far as F.F. not purchasing any more tickets to games or gear, that is his choice and I will not try to change it. I will continue to go to as many games as I can and buy the things I can afford to line my "I LOVE THE HUSKERS ROOM" In my basement. To the young men, that came here under one idea and were thrust into a system that was way over their heads. I appreciate the efforts you put out.

A big thank you to JOE DAILEY, he took the responsibility of the team and last season on his shoulders and never complained, or never passd the buck. This spring he came to practice knowing that he was not a lock for starter and that there were at least two hired guns coming after him before the first game this next season. I think deep down that he knew this was not the right situation for his abilities last year but tried his best to help the huskers win.

I wish all the HUSKERS past and present that endured last season the very best. It was hard to see records fall and streaks end for us fans, but we were there only as the spectators, and your loyal fans. I cannot Imagine the frustration, and hurt that you players had to suffer through. We get to go back to our lives and come up with all the answers to you problems. You are thrown right into the planning for the next game and trying to learn as you go. You do us the favor of letting us watch you play the game you love.

To me, a fan is the lucky one in college football. We get to raise hell and brag about the things we saw from the stands, defend our team when they need us, support them and beleive that they are busting their asses for our enjoyment. We get to watch legends start their careers and others that are just happy that they had enough inside of themselves to make the team.

BIG RED FOOTBALL is bigger than any of us alone but together, as our players play their very best, the people in charge do the very best that they can and we as FANS thank them for the chance to witness the best of sports pleasures: A home game on a chilly fall afternoon the walk of the crowd into the stadium and the anticipation of the tunnel walk and hopefully a victory. THANKS AGAIN FOR WHAT YOU MEAN TO THIS FAN :cheers

Sorry that was so long

GO HUSKERS!!!!!!!

You may now chew my arse for writing so much to say THANK YOU

W O W!!! :worship hell of a post mate!! :clap:clap:wasted:wasted:thumbs

i guess not everyone got my point.......how can bc or anyone (coaches)say the competition was too close to call and suddenly less than a week later demote jd to 4th spot?

all i am saying is, as many have said, jd was not improving and not practicing well, so why say things are still too close to call? why not give a hint that there was seperation when everyone knew it, especially the coaches! hell, why give the kid false hope when even he knew his play sucked? what is with this deception program?

what i am saying is i expect bc and norvell and the whole staff to exhibit some damn consistency, not only in their actions, but in what comes out of their own mouths.......if anyone has a problem with that observation, then it is my opinion and mine alone, but its going to be pretty damn hard to refute! like others have said, i hope this "oakland attitude" does not infect college ball here at Nu.....the players and the fans deserve a helluvalot better!

hunter

You don't know what happened behind the scences. It could be that the coaching staff gave Joe feedback, privately, but out of respect to the player would not say negative things about him to the press.

hunter

Agreed, I think you have a point there. At the very least they were dis-ingenuous, if not downright untruthful.

There have been alot, but its been so long that I can only think of a couple of things that pud has done: 1) offered a job to Nutt, then said that the didnt 2) claims to have given Pelini and Gill interviews, but only after going through about 8 other candidates, and after bringing callahan in a couple of times 3) talks about not wallowing in mediocrity, while HIS coach led the team to its first losing seaon in 40 years 4)backed out of an agreement with Houston over a game this year, heaping even more shame on the program 5) talks about not wallowing in mediocrity, but allows Collier to put a sub-standard product on the floor in basketball year after year.

As far as a fan being a fan and backing their team, I agree to some point. See, Im a Cubs fan, but the Cubs suck. I like to watch them, I'll always root for them, but Im not buying their gear, Im not going to their games. Until they produce year in and year out, they suck. I am not going to pour my hard earned money into a subpar product that the front office throws out there because it an insult to me, as a fan.

To settle for that is not being a fan, its being gullible, its being stupid.

1.offered a job to Nutt, then said that he didnt.

And your point is??? This doesnt bother me.

2. claims to have given Pelini and Gill interviews, but only after going through about 8 other candidates, and after bringing callahan in a couple of times.

And your point is??? I dont see any other teams jumping on the chance to hire these guys for a head coaching job. This doesnt bother me.

3.talks about not wallowing in mediocrity, while HIS coach led the team to its first losing seaon in 40 years

Something that FS was bound and determined to do.

This season did bother me but like I said I dont judge after 1 season im better than that.

4.backed out of an agreement with Houston over a game this year, heaping even more shame on the program.

I see that you still believe that. Had nothing to do with the Houston AD dropping the ball? Get real.

This doesnt bother me.

5. talks about not wallowing in mediocrity, but allows Collier to put a sub-standard product on the floor in basketball year after year.

Oh believe me Collier wont be here much longer if he doesnt get results. If Pederson would have fired him you would have been all over him for that.

This doesnt bother me.

We do have one thing in common I am also a cubs fan. I do buy their gear and I have gone to their games. I am a true fan because I stand behind them regardless of wins or losses. You are an insult to these programs that you constantly bitch about. You are not a fan. Since you believe all this crap that you type maybe you should submit your resume and make things better.

Unfortunately and obviously, you could care less about the pride and dignity of the program, no wonder why you back pud and cally.

As far as you going to the games, buying gear, etc (both Cubs and NU), what you apparently cannot comprehend is that you are the problem, youre and enabler. If the fans quit supporting the team financially, it will sink into the management/AD that what they are doing is not what the fans want. If the cubs start getting 1 million per year or if NUs sellout streak end, just wait, the s**t will hit the fan. It’s a business and its about money, unfortunately.

Analogy-if your favorite steak at your favorite restaurant starts getting tougher and tougher, and the food and service is going downhill, are you going to continue to buy dinner there? I wouldn’t. I’d drive by and remember the good times, and leave it where it should. I’ll love the place for what it was, but I wont be back until they bring the quality back to what it used to be.